Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: TA'ing in PSP2

Quote Originally Posted by evange View Post
    reason nobody is TA'ing is because....
    TA'ing is only when you are bored, all missions are done and too easy.
    But thats not the case, have you tried magashi eradication plan? or white concert?
    well maybe if this game was easier and getting to lvl 200 is a breeze, then maybe people start TAing.
    I appreciate the honest answer, but I don't see why someone has to be bored to TA.

I haven't had the chance to try White Concert. Also, there may possibly be disadvantages to TA'ing at level 200 (but probably more advantages than disadvantages). It will be entertaining for me to see how level factors into TA'ing as I progress further into this game.

And besides I'm not TA'ing to the point I did in PSU, but simply running missions quickly for the sake of efficiency.
    Last edited by Deragonite; Jan 16, 2010 at 01:23 PM.

Ok so I think Braver is pretty broken now.

In just 2 tries I managed 3:51 True Darkness as Braver 10 with bad loading times, Twin Sabers and traps.

For the longer missions I think other classes may be better, but overall I really don't see many disadvantages for the Braver class.

Quote Originally Posted by Deragonite View Post
    Ok so I think Braver is pretty broken now.

In just 2 tries I managed 3:51 True Darkness as Braver 10 with bad loading times, Twin Sabers and traps.

For the longer missions I think other classes may be better, but overall I really don't see many disadvantages for the Braver class.
    Lower PA levels? I haven't played enough to see how awesome Lv30 PAs are.
    PSZ : HUnewm Lv85+
    Infinity : Lv128 ; Br28
    -----------------
    Twitter: @Jthreau

The main advantage for lvl 30 PA's are lower PP costs and for some, higher ATA (useful for the new Slicer PA and new Twin Saber PA, but that's about it). The damage increase isn't very significant.

The Artist Formerly Known As... Something Else SammaeltheDark's Avatar

I'm unwilling to commit to saying Bravers are broken because I haven't seen them in end game. They're a hybrid class so much like the Final Fantasy Red Mage they look sweet in the beginning, but later on the focused classes gain abilities specialized for what they do best and might top the hybrid classes. Braver 10 isn't even halfway to max yet. I use Boost Bomber (extra trap damage) a lot and it rips through C & B missions, but that doesn't speak for the damage performance in higher level A & S rank missions.

As for a suggestion on how to legitimately record from a PSP, use the component video cables and a component-capable video capture card on the PC.

I am currently lvl 183. As lvl 13 Braver, I am clearing story mode missions significantly faster than when I use lvl 30 HU.

Braver is broken for offline Story Free Missions for the following reasons:

1. Ex traps. You have 8 of them. Each of them do roughly as much damage as an SUV. You can put them down and just keep moving forward. Essentially, the braver can just walk through the mission planting traps where there are spawns, and keep walking forward without stopping. No other class can do this 8 times in a mission.
    2. A Braver's Melee Damage isn't much lower than a HU, especially for story mode. Online it may matter a bit more, but for story missions, it takes both my lvl 30 HU and lvl 13 BR 2 pokes and 2 parts of Skadd to kill most things.
    3. HP and DFP are negligible unless you're fighting monsters near or above your level. As of now, free mission monsters are 26-199 levels lower than you if you're capped. Nothing except for techs can touch you, so you'll practically never notice that you have lower HP and DFP than a HU.
    4. Range Damage is not an issue. You'll rarely use bullets for anything but building chains in any sort of TA. The rare occasions where you use Bullets to kill, you'll generally be strong enough to kill it in a reasonable amount of time.

For example, how many spawns are there in True Darkness S? 10 spawns. 8 ex traps = 8 dead spawns. 1 SUV = 1 dead spawn. 30 other traps = total overkill. You don't need to use anything but traps to get a 3 minute run in True Darkness (Falkis dies to traps very fast).

White Beast is a similar tale. The EX traps alone are sufficient to wipe out 75% of the mission and 75% of Alterazgohg. Throw in whatever PA you may choose to use and Mirage Blast/SUV and the mission is done before you realize it.

HU's, RA's, and FO's cannot mimic a Braver's ability to kill 8 spawns with EX traps and keep walking. Normal traps may work but they are no where near as effective as EX traps (much smaller radius, timed detonation, less damage). HU's, RA's, and FO's all have to stay put and kill the monsters.

Perhaps for certain missions on Multi-Mode, HU may have an advantage (Black Rhapsody, White Concert) but I wouldn't know since I have not used BR on multi-mode yet.
    Last edited by Deragonite; Feb 6, 2010 at 12:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deragonite View Post
    I am currently lvl 183. As lvl 13 Braver, I am clearing story mode missions significantly faster than when I use lvl 30 HU.

Braver is broken for offline Story Free Missions for the following reasons:

1. Ex traps. You have 8 of them. Each of them do roughly as much damage as an SUV. You can put them down and just keep moving forward. Essentially, the braver can just walk through the mission planting traps where there are spawns, and keep walking forward without stopping. No other class can do this 8 times in a mission.
    2. A Braver's Melee Damage isn't much lower than a HU, especially for story mode. Online it may matter a bit more, but for story missions, it takes both my lvl 30 HU and lvl 13 BR 2 pokes and 2 parts of Skadd to kill most things.
    3. HP and DFP are negligible unless you're fighting monsters near or above your level. As of now, free mission monsters are 26-199 levels lower than you if you're capped. Nothing except for techs can touch you, so you'll practically never notice that you have lower HP and DFP than a HU.
    4. Range Damage is not an issue. You'll rarely use bullets for anything but building chains in any sort of TA. The rare occasions where you use Bullets to kill, you'll generally be strong enough to kill it in a reasonable amount of time.

For example, how many spawns are there in True Darkness S? 10 spawns. 8 ex traps = 8 dead spawns. 1 SUV = 1 dead spawn. 30 other traps = total overkill. You don't need to use anything but traps to get a 3 minute run in True Darkness (Falkis dies to traps very fast).

White Beast is a similar tale. The EX traps alone are sufficient to wipe out 75% of the mission and 75% of Alterazgohg. Throw in whatever PA you may choose to use and Mirage Blast/SUV and the mission is done before you realize it.

HU's, RA's, and FO's cannot mimic a Braver's ability to kill 8 spawns with EX traps and keep walking. Normal traps may work but they are no where near as effective as EX traps (much smaller radius, timed detonation, less damage). HU's, RA's, and FO's all have to stay put and kill the monsters.

Perhaps for certain missions on Multi-Mode, HU may have an advantage (Black Rhapsody, White Concert) but I wouldn't know since I have not used BR on multi-mode yet.
    Nah actually braver does everything better than hunter.
    And yea i finished white concert without losing any scapes at all while hunters in my party loses them.
    And also trap damage seems to scale on your lvl, i think.
    Btw hunter high meele damage ain't much a advantage anyway since everybody is just gona use instant death weapons.
    Things i learned EVA > DFP+HP
    Last edited by evange; Feb 6, 2010 at 02:11 PM.

You are correct. Trap Damage scales with level.

I personally think they should nerf trap damage. They do way too much.

I tried to solo White Concert once and made it to stage 10 with relative ease. Then I died twice in 1 hit to the double Argines. Perhaps I'll try again eventually since I was level 160 Hunter or something like that.

Managed 4:23 White Beast S on Story Mode as Braver in 3 tries. SEGA, please nerf trap damage! It is lolabsurd!

I'll bet 3:XX is possible with CFW & Mem Stick loading times.

Edit: I think PSP2 is very dull to TA. So far it's been all about traps which are so easy to use, it's laughable. Actually this game is MUCH EASIER than PSU. It has taken me less than 170 hours to hit TA'ing capacity compared to roughly 500+ hours in PSU (getting the gear is the tough part). Also, PSU's Jabroga is difficult to use in comparison to anything PSP2 might have.
    Last edited by Deragonite; Feb 17, 2010 at 07:27 AM.

I am gonna bump this and add some times I have. All missions are on story mode unless specified:

Jet Black Extravaganza S (Multi-mode) - 10:20
    Endrum Remnants S (haven't TA'ed this yet) - 6:13
    White Beast S - 4:23
    Forest Infiltration S (haven't TA'ed this yet) - 5:06
    True Darkness S - 3:43
    Ancient Invaders S - 9:49

All times are done as BR except for Ancient Invaders which I used HU a long time ago.

I believe I managed 8:XX or something like that on the new Olga Dillan mission (can't remember the exact time) but I'll have to run it again someday to see what I can do.

As for Jet Black S, it is a very difficult mission to TA. You have to get very lucky with the map variation and just as lucky with instant death and Falkis.