Post Please Read, Connection Issue Template.

To the Mods and Users alike.

I see that this was sort of covered in the sticky but not clearly explained.

I see a lot of connection problems on this forum pop up all the time, people don’t seem to be getting help in a timely manner. I usually see that it is because the information needed to fix the issue is not expressed or given.

I have decided to devise a template of information that you can basically copy and paste and then fill in the missing information, if you do not know what goes in the field or if it just does not apply to you then put “N/A” or “don’t know”.

ISP:
    Topology (cable, DSL, ECT.):
    Modem Manufacture:
    Modem Model:
    Router Manufacture:
    Router Model:
    Cable/DSL Gateway:
    Cable/DSL Gateway Model:
    Router/Gateway Firmware version:
    Wireless/Wired:
    Wireless Version (A/B/G/N):
    Wireless Security (WEP, WPA, WPA2):
    Wireless Security 2 (WPA2/AES, WPA2/TKIP):
    Platform (PS2, PS3, Xbox 360, PC):

If anyone can think of anything else that needs to be added let me know, remember I am making this to try and help people better.

Something else that I can think that would make it better is if you can give a description of how things are hocked up.

Example 1: I plug the phone line in the back of my Westell 6100 DSL Modem and then plug an Ethernet cable in to the LAN port of the Modem and plug it in to the WAN port of my Linksys WRT600N router where I then plug an Ethernet cable in to LAN 1 of my router to my Xbox 360’s LAN port.

Example 2: The Fiber comes in to my Verizon FiOS ONT and then I have a coax cable come from the ONT and go in to my Actiontek router where I then connect wirelessly with my PSP.

NAT issues/slow connections/character select screen not displaying.

These are usually caused by port forwarding issues make sure that your router has UPnP and turn it on, this is the feature that most of those “gaming” routers have but normal routers have it but just turn it off by default.

Something else that can cause the same issues is DNS related issues. The official Sega forms recommend the “Level 3 DNS servers” those are;

And so on.

The servers that I use and have no problems with are first Google’s new servers.

And Open DNS

My background is in Networking/System Administration, so I can help as much as I can.

That's all I have for tonight,
    Good Night
    Last edited by AnnabellaRenee87; Feb 17, 2010 at 02:39 AM. Reason: Adding Wireless Subsections.
    EVGA x58 Classified 759 Motherboard, Intel 990X CPU @ 4.2 GHz
    Corsair 1200 watt Power Supply, 12 GB DDR3 Corsair
    3x GTX 480's in SLi, Corsair 800D Case
    Please Read, Connection Issue Template.

I comment ya for trying to help. Link this topic in your sig, so that anyone coming across might see it.
    Blink & you might miss it! ;3

Oh, keep sig at 600x180 px & 49KB, yah?

Can you help me? I am having trouble with connecting to the demo on PSU. I do not know all of the connection information. My sister and I will look up what we can.