View Poll Results: Select the weapons you would like to see used in the upcoming live-action film.

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • Doublesaber

28 48.28%
  • Sword

13 22.41%
  • Spear

13 22.41%
  • Axe

8 13.79%
  • Dagger(s)

18 31.03%
  • Claw(s)

20 34.48%
  • Knuckles

9 15.52%
  • Whip

17 29.31%
  • Machine Gun

9 15.52%
  • Shotgun

6 10.34%
  • Rifle

6 10.34%
  • Crossbow

8 13.79%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    THE POWER IS YOURS!!! CaptainPlanet's Avatar

I've Managed to create an animated Megid! This is just the orb stationary, but let me know what you think! If you think you wanna see it in the film, let me know.

Megid Test:

That's not bad. But I think you should add more murky, cloudy effects to give it some accuracy. It looks kind of... Sparkly as it is now.
    Remembering the Universe. Click below!

When I saw this thread, i instinctively thought it would suck; I`m actually quite impressed. When you do the actual video, make sure anyone in front of the camera has good posture. In the test videos you guys are hunched over.

Don't worry, the people in the test videos are not us, they are just videos I got off YouTube to test special effects with. :P

Nice, looking forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyreek View Post
    That's not bad. But I think you should add more murky, cloudy effects to give it some accuracy. It looks kind of... Sparkly as it is now.
    You are indeed right, Tyreek. I was in such a hurry to rush Megid onto the thread that I didn't yet have time to add all the other effects associated with it.

I have just finished the FULL Megid test video, with smoke trail and all. I will be replacing the previous Megid video with this new one on the front page of this thread as well.

I thought the music would be appropriate, considering Megid is pretty much the PSU term for "death."

Megid Animation Test Video:

Do want Megid..!

I hope you are crafting and practicing/filming at this point - it sounds like a VERY long time away (June..? July..?) but I've taken on projects where the days and the weeks just literally FLY past.

Heh heh, I'm amazed at how you can keep things going and not be fazed by naysayers. I would have already buckled to their opinions and such at this point and gotten discouraged or made THEIR dream/video thing.

Keep it up..!

Hey guys, sorry for the lack of updates lately. I've hit my 12-hour-a-day 7-day stretch at work, so I've been pretty busy. I haven't been able to make any more animation test videos to hold you over until the next update, but I do have a little tidbit of good news: Weapon construction has finally begun! The metalworker says it takes a bit of time to craft each weapon, but so far, no problems. He wants to get the simpler weapons out of the way first so he can focus more on the complex models later on. He is almost finished crafting our first saber, and he assures me that his design is, in his words, "bad-ass." I'm not sure if he followed the design from the weapon candidates video to the T or not, but if not, no big deal. We could simply pass it off as a new design never before used in the franchise. He tells me that the saber will be ready any time now and that he will bring it by my place when it's finished. When he does, I promise I will take a picture and post it here on this thread for all to see, though bare in mind, it will still need to be painted.

Oh, and on a side note, a certain commenter on YouTube has pointed out a few obvious facts about my Megid video. When I created the video, I haven't been on PSU in a long time and for some reason I was thinking of Diga when I gave it the arch trajectory, so sorry about that. I will correct this in the final cut of the film. Also, he mentioned that Megid penetrates and that it does not collide with anything. While this is true, remember that ANY tech you throw at a wall in-game penetrates the wall seemlessly rather than exploding or showing any signs of impact, be it a Foie fireball or a Zonde bolt of lightning. If we do use Megid, I promise it will penetrate PEOPLE, but if it comes in contact with a wall, expect a pretty sparkly explosion just like the one shown in the test video.

If your craftsman can pull out an Exam out of the weapon maker, it'll cause tears in my eyes lol.
    Remembering the Universe. Click below!

This is great, do keep us updated!