View Poll Results: Select the weapons you would like to see used in the upcoming live-action film.

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • Doublesaber

28 48.28%
  • Sword

13 22.41%
  • Spear

13 22.41%
  • Axe

8 13.79%
  • Dagger(s)

18 31.03%
  • Claw(s)

20 34.48%
  • Knuckles

9 15.52%
  • Whip

17 29.31%
  • Machine Gun

9 15.52%
  • Shotgun

6 10.34%
  • Rifle

6 10.34%
  • Crossbow

8 13.79%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Kagajibaris are Dezorians Omega-z's Avatar

lol it will give the JP a OGM lol... hey we did transformer`s why not Phantasy Star
    Be carefull you mite be the next Michael Bay and have all the JP girls ninja jump you to have your babies lol

Good luck with this, and it better have knuckles in it!

Quote Originally Posted by -Zephyr- View Post
    Don't do it, people will hate you.
    I second this.

THE POWER IS YOURS!!! CaptainPlanet's Avatar

Well, we are likely going to stick with the simpler designs (ex: C, B, or A class styles) for several reasons. One, its the first film ever like this, and if it's popular enough, we can make another one with room left over to outdo ourselves. Two, the guy who is doing the metalwork to actually create these weapons is good, but he's not THAT good. It would take some serious skill to produce some S-ranks just by using the simple tools at his disposal. We would have to REALLY do some research on different techniques on how we could build these things. In case any of you were wondering, there aren't going to be any costumes or anything like that in this film. The people are going to look like ordinary people (kind of like they did in Ryan vs Dorkman). Just to set it off, if it's not too much of a pain to rotoscope THAT many glowing things on-screen at once, we may decide to trick out our clothing with "line shields." You may also be happy to know that we are going to be implementing nanotransformers for the ability to switch out weapons on the fly, and there will be a lot of switching out, trust me. We want to showcase as many weapons as possible without overdoing it. We are also going to try and add cool particle effects to the materializing weapons when they are pulled from the nanotransformer. I'm thinking something that looks similar to the wispy green aura that surrounds your character when they level up.
    Last edited by CaptainPlanet; Jan 17, 2010 at 12:00 AM.

To differentiate it from any star wars similar fan film, it is better to use the most different weapons from that saga. Claws, Axes, Machineguns... the problem would be crossing some of the weapons in a combat (you could always look at soul calibur lol)

Really looking forward to something like this. I myself wish I could do something similar but I don't have the time or skill. Good luck and be sure to keep this thread updated when ya start adding some more stuff
    Forget Backspacing, Delete that S***

I will be sure to keep everyone here up to date on the progress of the project. I just started attempting to rotoscope an axe in some medieval fight scene a couple hours ago, and it's coming along nicely. I'll be sure to post the finished product up on this thread. It's such tedious work! I thought those two sabers were hard! Of course, that was my first rotoscope flick, and it was only four seconds in length, and each saber only needed one mask. The axe fight scene I'm currently working on is 10 seconds long, and a single axe blade requires a minimum of four masks, double the amount I used in the saber film! Basically, making beam weapons is a lot of work and VERY time consuming (we're talking frame-by-frame editing), but my faith in this project is unwavering. I will do whatever it takes and work as long as I have to to make sure this comes to fruition. There's no doubt in my mind that this film will be completed by summer and that it will be done right!

Good luck!!

I wish you all the best and it'll be good, VERY good to see some choreography that isn't a Yuen Woo Ping, Hollywood or anime style.

Sorry for how short this video is, but I have been working on this all day and I wanted to hurry up and see the results! I'll probably make this one a bit longer. I just realized that I should have probably put this on the front page, but I don't see where I can delete a post, but I guess this video will just have to go up twice. lol

Photon Axe Rotoscope Test
    Last edited by CaptainPlanet; Jan 17, 2010 at 06:04 PM.

Its always funny how light sabers never cast any actual light on anything. You got to figure out how to get some decent light reflecting off your body.