Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Hunting Spicia and Igg Crown ?'s

Just had a few quickies here that I would like some help with from the community.

First off, is there any place for hunting Spicia thats a lot better than anywhere else? I know you can get them from boxes in Moatoob zones and some story missions, but I wanted to know if any certain place has an advantage to the droprate.

Secondly, should I just give up hunting Igg Crown solo? Seems that the only real way to do it realistically is with a group of 3 farming Flowery Pursuit for the rare map there with the 3 person switch. If I'm wrong on this in any way let me know please. And no, I can't just wait for MAG+ cause my toon isn't high enough lvl for S2 difficulty there.

Any information on this is greatly appreciated.
    "Are you sure what side of the glass you are on?" - NIN

Currently playing PSO2 JP: LadyWolf - Ship 09

Honestly.... wait for Mag+ lol you will level up fast enough to get to s2

Your best bet for hunting spicia is the special room in block 3 of Episode 3 Chapter 6-1 Photon Harvest. Best to do it on C for time. Collect all the mushrooms ya need for the mission objective per block. 30 for block a 30 for block b and you should be around 22 or 21 for block c and by the time ya hit the special room it should be fulled with the boxes that have the spica. Usually ya can get from 1-5 per run. When I do the run it usually takes me around 15 minutes and normal can get up to 3 to 4 spica.

Thanks for the tip on Spicia Skids, exactly what I was looking for. Thank you very much. Wanted to work on getting a Skillet Set for collection sake.

I kinda figured the Igg Crown thing was a lost cause too. Guess I'll just keep leveling casually and hope later on to randomly find one, somewhere.
    "Are you sure what side of the glass you are on?" - NIN

Currently playing PSO2 JP: LadyWolf - Ship 09

igg crown drops on dancing birds rare map also, very easy to solo on low level
    XBOX360 GT: B2 BASSMAN
    FROBOT in disguise: cast forte/master gunner transer thighmaster
    Jaguar: acro fighter/FIgunner
    Dharlethi: fortetecher
    Fuzzy Peach: fortefighter

I ran that mission so man times. I have never seen that rare pink bird ever. . I too am hunting spicia, I am trying to get like 10-15 skillets, yeah probably not gonna happen but I do plan to get one to 10-10. That way I can have frying pan, meltons frying pan and setsiku's skillet to 10-10, and along with my 10-10 deljabaner+ Ill have 4 elements compete for single sabers, Im thinking just for kicks Ill go synth some harrisen battle fan's and try for some 50% light and then for my ice element saber im going to go with the obvious db's sword+ might take some time getting a skillet and then getting it to 10^. im off now to go work towards my goals.

guess ill need a 10^ guld all i gots my 6-10

Although Igg crown does drop on dancing birds, and you can run the mission in about 3 minutes. The spawn rate of the rare map and the drop rate is so low, you're better off slamming your head against a wall.

MAG+ will get you to S2 levels within a day or two if you're diligent. Igg crowns from forest will be your best bet if you can't get a group to go through flowery pursuit.

I spent about 2 weeks straight spamming dancing birds on 3 minute runs for about 5 hours a day and only saw one Rappy igg per day, and never got a crown from one.

I ended up getting a crown on flowery pursuit after about 35 runs or so.
    My life is much more groovy than love.
    My PC/PS2 characters R.I.P 8/27/07 - 3/31/10
    Runa Newman F : lvl 170 | Fortetecher: 20//Masterforce: 20
    Cocoruru CAST F : lvl 170 | Acrofighter: 20//Fighgunner: 20
    Asuka Beast F : lvl 170 | Fighmaster: 20
    Ruru CAST F: lvl 110 | Gunmaster: 20

Quote Originally Posted by Ruru
    you're better off slamming your head against a wall.
    Obvious result is obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruru
    I ended up getting a crown on flowery pursuit after about 35 runs or so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggabertha
    Obvious result is obvious
    Nah, in all seriousness, that's 35 Rappy Iggs we saw - we did a lot more than just 35 normal runs.

Quote Originally Posted by biggabertha View Post
    Nah, in all seriousness, that's 35 Rappy Iggs we saw - we did a lot more than just 35 normal runs.
    When I was hunting Igg Crown with a friend, we got one in three Igg spawns which went to him. Then we got a second one in five more Igg spawns which went to a random that joined the party (well not really random, but he only plays PSU during event so I'll probably see him again in a few weeks). We haven't seen a third one, but we haven't really be running it too often. Every once in a while when we get a third person on. I'm not really pressed about getting one. If I do get one, that's nice. If I don't get one, that's fine too. I expect I'll get a few while running MAG+.

I think the total amount of runs per Rappy Igg spawn was around 15 in Flowery Pursuit. In Dancing Birds I've done well over 100 solo runs and I've only seen one Igg. It dropped a Serafi Feather.

It's much better for your sanity to find two other people and run Flowery Pursuit. Yeah, you might not get it, but seeing a Rappy spawn is much better than being endlessly frustrated. That and you only have to do the first block of Flowery Pursuit to find the rare map.