Page 27 of 44 FirstFirst ... 172425262728293037 ... LastLast

Dropping just PS2 support would have just been fine for most people. But since they dropped the entire server and took the PC players along with it, it's not really a good thing necessarily :/.
    Last edited by Krupp; Jan 23, 2010 at 10:23 AM.

Paragon of Fortefighter Excellence!
    Leader of the Guardians Mobile Defense Force Guild-PC/PS2
    PS2/PC PSU:Krupp 170 FF/PT/FIG Zanki 137 FG/GM-Since Day 1!
    PSP2 Krupp 126 Hunter 30 PS3 Ad-hoc party and Internet Multimode (Mail me if you wanna play!)
    Waiting anxiously for PSO2..

Chaos Bringer Destroyer D1ABOLIK's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Krupp View Post
    Dropping just PS2 support would have just been fine for most people. But since they dropped the entire server and took the PC players along with it, it's not really a good thing necessarily :/.
    Your right, but somehow I think the PC players will get something. I think the main goal is to just drop PS2. Hopefully there is a plan in the works for PC.

I dont get this, Microsoft supports PC's and Xbox. Why in the heck is a PC sided with a playstation, yet not the Xbox? i've never understood that.

:/ and another idea to transfer account data to Xbox server wouldnt work on two factors. Sega wouldnt do it for free, and some kind of bullpoo about the server fussing.
    Last edited by Meyfei; Jan 23, 2010 at 11:22 AM.

It was much sadder when this was happening to PSO, to me this is just a chance for them to make a new and much better start

there were so many great mmos coming out when they had psobb open still that i remember telling myself hell no im not paying to play pso when i played it on dreamcast so long ago. now that i look back on it i kind of wish i had. i remember playing a beta or trial of it though.

I posted this on the official forums, felt like it should be said here as well...

Quote Originally Posted by Moosecat
    I find it entertaining to see f2p mmo's from rookie game developers doing better than SEGA ever has.
    Then again SEGA has always had a hard time opening their eyes to the world around them. Being unable to do so will probably keep them from being titans in the industry ever again.
    Quote Originally Posted by PepperCat View Post
    I find this hilarious as well, they develop such an amazing game and give it ****-poor management.

The story mode had the lunga level and the tank level, did we ever see those online?

They make a decent story mode to the game, get us all excited about that then take ages to release the content.

WORST. MANAGEMENT. EVER.

Wouldn't you like to be a Pepper too?

Quote Originally Posted by Split View Post
    It was much sadder when this was happening to PSO, to me this is just a chance for them to make a new and much better start
    Yeah, i hope they're moving on the right track next time around. It's disheartening
    to see PSU falls.

@PepperCat: nice picture! lol.

++++++----------"." Xe's Sanctuary 09/28/2016----------- Youtube's profile "."----------++++++
    wallies edited: 4500_|_G.O.L.D.E.N_|_sigs created: 1055

This got me thinking about the character transfer option from PSP1. It would be nice to at least preserve one character but maybe the facsimile is not all that great?

I've resurrected my main character 3 times already; 4 counting PS0. I look forward to being able to create him on the next game. I just hope it won't be too long.

I guess thats the big problem. If they do continue on the JP PSU side it may be awhile before they even consider implementing the next one over there and then we'll get it half a year afterward. We will probably have to wait until...sometime in 2012 at least.

Thats a long wait...*sigh*
    Cheating is just an admission of personal inadequacy.

Quote Originally Posted by D1ABOLIK View Post
    I know PS2 players dont want to hear this, but this is a good thing. The PS2 has held this game back for long enough. By doing this they can really improve PSU, or simply just get the next PS installment out on the PS3 / 360 / PC.
    They're only killing PS2 side outside of Japan.

How is killing PS2 off outside of japan going to help them improve this game when the Japanese STILL play it on PS2?

The only reason they're killing our PC/PS2 servers is because SoA is losing money on us. This won't help them with anything except for money losses. PSU is already at the end of its lifespan.
    My life is much more groovy than love.
    My PC/PS2 characters R.I.P 8/27/07 - 3/31/10
    Runa Newman F : lvl 170 | Fortetecher: 20//Masterforce: 20
    Cocoruru CAST F : lvl 170 | Acrofighter: 20//Fighgunner: 20
    Asuka Beast F : lvl 170 | Fighmaster: 20
    Ruru CAST F: lvl 110 | Gunmaster: 20

I wonder how it's possible to make something for a small group of people that they both love and loathe yet at the same time, manage to make those people unsatisfied no matter what they do.

Or well... lack thereof...

Sega really are the first to do things - they released a Game Gear that is basically something like a PSP in terms of strength and battery drainage. I mean... it was way ahead of it's time.

Same can be said about things like the Dreamcast and Shenmue. Huge, colossal investments of capital just to be left partway done. (And then they go and release Ryo Hazuki in a racing game to get fans wet...)

Sega are really good for making their loyal fans bend over backwards - just like Nintendo are.

Too bad we're just used to treatment from Sony and Microsoft otherwise those two old giants might have gotten away with it.