Page 1 of 44 123411 ... LastLast

Default PC/PS2 (US/EU) Servers closing in March.

This doesn't appear to be a joke, fellas.

http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?t=310166

Quote Originally Posted by Edward@Sega View Post
    Attention Phantasy Star Universe players,

We regret to announce that the PC and PlayStation2 servers for Phantasy Star Universe will be closing as of this March 31st, 2010.

SEGA would like to extend its sincere thanks to those who have played on the PC/PS2 servers over the past several years. The final update for PC/PS2 servers will be this January 29th, 2010, which will start the long-awaited MAG+ event. This event will receive the same updates & web support as the event on the Xbox 360 servers.

Please note that after January 29th 2010, no new PSU subscriptions will be available for purchase for PC/PS2. Those who are subscribed as of that time will be able to play, for free, until service closure.

The schedule is as follows:

• January 29th 2010: MAG+ event begins for PC/PS2 and Xbox 360 servers.

• January 29th 2010: No new PC/PS2 PSU subscriptions will be available for purchase.

• January 29th 2010: Free play for PC/PS2 PSU begins. No more billing cycles will take place on or after this date.

• March 31st 2010: PC/PS2 servers / service closure, the PlayStation2 and PC versions of Phantasy Star Universe online play will not be available after this date, however, please continue to enjoy the Single Player version of the game.

For those who play the Xbox 360 version of Phantasy Star Universe: SEGA will continue to support, in full & with regular updates, this version of Phantasy Star Universe. This includes bringing currently unreleased and anticipated content to the XBox 360 servers. We will be able to provide more details on future Xbox 360 PSU content over the coming weeks and months.

While we are sad to see the PC/PS2 version of Phantasy Star Universe end, the year 2010 is the 10th anniversary of Phantasy Star Online -- and this server / service closure is helping to pave the way for bigger and better things for the Phantasy Star franchise in the very near future!

Thank you all again for the support and great times together with us here at SEGA playing PSU! We look forward to seeing you again in our new adventures!
    Last edited by Powder Keg; Jan 21, 2010 at 01:04 PM.

Ah, well, guess I can stop frustrating myself over leveling those stupid TECHNICs...

Feel sorta meh about this news.
    =Smidge=

I am deeply saddened by this announcement.

After playing this game for 2 years, I've had some wonderful experiences with PSU. Being a PC/PS2 Player was great, made many new friends and reunited with a few PSOBB buddies. and Like I said, I'm staying until the end
    Nintendo Switch: 5668-1176-9106

Once & forever Protranser Gunslinger-08's Avatar

So that's it?

Well, I'll enjoy it until it ends, but then I think I'll be done, unless a private server goes up.

Ship 2 - Gatz

Kill it, bring another quick ^_^

WHAT THE FUCK!

I have to start all over on the 360? This is BULLSHIT.

{Theme: Infinite Legends}
    RadiantAim: When did you get here?
    LegendAim: Wow he actually leveled him
    LordAim: Hai gaiz

Was rather inevitable really. I barely play these days and it's always been empty when I've logged in. Hopefully will be able to get a few games in before they pull the plug. Well, if I can find some free time...

I'm canceling my sub as it renews every 22nd of the....shit thats tomorrow.

{Theme: Infinite Legends}
    RadiantAim: When did you get here?
    LegendAim: Wow he actually leveled him
    LordAim: Hai gaiz

Once & forever Protranser Gunslinger-08's Avatar

*raises glass*

To long nights of RARZ hunting, to lobbies full of spam, to good times had, to unforgettable moments of hilarity and amazingness, and to good friends made.

I couldn't have asked for a better MMO experience (despite its many flaws), and I hope to see the friends I've made again, on down the road.

May the next big Phantasy Star thing be everything it needs to be and more.
    Last edited by Gunslinger-08; Jan 21, 2010 at 01:22 PM.

Ship 2 - Gatz

It kind of sucks, but I think the sooner the plug gets pulled on this game, the better. It gives them an opportunity to start something else and actually do it correctly. (snicker)

You know, a lot of people said that PSO was "updated poorly" but everything was pretty much released from the start. Max level, almost every item...etc. Meanwhile, the PC/PS2 server didn't even reach the max fucking level, and tons of other shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragolismine View Post
    WHAT THE FUCK!

I have to start all over on the 360? This is BULLSHIT.
    You really going to do this? I wouldn't even waste my time. Who knows what's going to happen by the time we catch ourselves up.