Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: rares

I'm sorry, but if you hate them so, I can't help but wonder what you're doing here.

Crazy Awesome Old Potato Man Guy HAYABUSA-FMW-'s Avatar

Thinking something was interesting the other day to sorta the effect going on here.

There's a bunch of items that most people will never see after years within a game that are pretty interesting in how they can push the limits of the game, and be completely over the top.

Sealed-J Sword
    Heaven Punisher
    etc.

Special moves, making them really, special weapons.

Then of course if anyone manages to track them down, they will share here and there, while many would be tempted to just create the item, drop it in their inventory, and then go on their way, being done with a game and what it has to offer much faster.

And you don't really need any of these rares in the first place to enjoy a game. You might even be let down by something completely rare, but when in action, completely ineffective in use anyway - or not much more effective than some standard equipment.

mille marteaux from heaven punisher has autoaim and superior atp to all other mechguns i believe. quite a fun weapon. i cant think of one tme where i started playing pso from scratch and didnt get that item before hitting level 150. i always found a way. same with many other uber items. i always thought it was funny when i came across someone near level 200 and be like why arent you wearing your red ring? and theyd be like i dont have one while i had one in my bank that i couldnt use yet lol. i usually get all the good rares within a month of play. yes a month. i play nonstop hardcore trading constantly and then buy the one or two items that people wont sell for price guide value because they are just too valuable and rare. ive done this like at least 8 times before i realized that oncei got it all id be wasting time killing zombies all day for no reason.

i really like complicated games these days with no leveling or progressive elements to them. i like 10 to 30 minute gameplay sessions where i fight against other players with a lot of decisions on my part at my disposal in order to win rather than showing off rares. when i turn the game off i want it to save nothing ive done for later use. but i dont like those endurance games where its all twitch and no brain.
    Last edited by Red Ring; Jan 28, 2010 at 09:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Ring View Post
    mille marteaux from heaven punisher has autoaim and superior atp to all other mechguns i believe. quite a fun weapon. i cant think of one tme where i started playing pso from scratch and didnt get that item before hitting level 150. i always found a way. same with many other uber items. i always thought it was funny when i came across someone near level 200 and be like why arent you wearing your red ring? and theyd be like i dont have one while i had one in my bank that i couldnt use yet lol. i usually get all the good rares within a month of play. yes a month. i play nonstop hardcore trading constantly and then buy the one or two items that people wont sell for price guide value because they are just too valuable and rare. ive done this like at least 8 times before i realized that oncei got it all id be wasting time killing zombies all day for no reason.

i really like complicated games these days with no leveling or progressive elements to them. i like 10 to 30 minute gameplay sessions where i fight against other players with a lot of decisions on my part at my disposal in order to win rather than showing off rares. when i turn the game off i want it to save nothing ive done for later use. but i dont like those endurance games where its all twitch and no brain.
    When the juvenile troll has physically developed enough to venture out of the nest, it is only natural that the troll engage in boundary-testing behaviors. The newly weaned troll attempts to provoke its predator/prey with lavish displays, trying to use every trigger at its disposal--even at the risk of sending conflicting messages which may clue the subject in to the still-awkward troll's deception or, worse yet, exposing itself to debilitating attack. It stamps its soft paws (softer even than its developing brain matter), snarls cutely, flails, puffs up its neck ruff, twitches its tail, emits a high-pitched eek eek. The baby troll is clever enough to improvise with tools from its surroundings, but it has not realized yet that more is not always more. If the predator/prey doesn't eat the juvenile first, the troll's father or mother may eventually swoop in to rescue their child (if that's not too embarrassing) and return it to the nest.
    [/nature channel]

Quote Originally Posted by Vanzazikon View Post
    Check it out, it's the Tetsaru of PSO.
    huh...now all we need is one for PSZ and PSP/2?
    Last edited by ashley50; Jan 28, 2010 at 02:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by astuarlen View Post
    When the juvenile troll has physically developed enough to venture out of the nest, it is only natural that the troll engage in boundary-testing behaviors. The newly weaned troll attempts to provoke its predator/prey with lavish displays, trying to use every trigger at its disposal--even at the risk of sending conflicting messages which may clue the subject in to the still-awkward troll's deception or, worse yet, exposing itself to debilitating attack. It stamps its soft paws (softer even than its developing brain matter), snarls cutely, flails, puffs up its neck ruff, twitches its tail, emits a high-pitched eek eek. The baby troll is clever enough to improvise with tools from its surroundings, but it has not realized yet that more is not always more. If the predator/prey doesn't eat the juvenile first, the troll's father or mother may eventually swoop in to rescue their child (if that's not too embarrassing) and return it to the nest.
    [/nature channel]
    lol. i do know that the way i type and the things i say will piss people off. im not really a part of this community. just someone broadcasting my bs opinion all over the forum rather than being productive some place else. youre a very interesting person lol

What game is complicated enough to play for ten to thirty minutes at a time, has no leveling in it and makes you make a lot of decisions in that short amount of time..?

I can only think of Magic: The Gathering lasting that long - anything else can end in pretty much ten seconds after getting fragged, crashing or other card games where you lose before you've drawn your first card.

Hee hee... I like trolls - hard not to feed them sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by biggabertha View Post
    What game is complicated enough to play for ten to thirty minutes at a time, has no leveling in it and makes you make a lot of decisions in that short amount of time..?

I can only think of Magic: The Gathering lasting that long - anything else can end in pretty much ten seconds after getting fragged, crashing or other card games where you lose before you've drawn your first card.

Hee hee... I like trolls - hard not to feed them sometimes.
    In the case of Magic, that depends on the format. Vintage, you can easily lose before drawing your first card. (In at least 20 different ways) Admittedly, that's mostly with ridiculous, godly draws. The game is good enough to be going on... actually, I don't know how old it is. 15+ years at least I think. Want to say 20, but that seems to be a bit much.
    Coming Soon!

Street Representer Cookie Monster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by biggabertha View Post
    SoulCal and Street Fighter would like to have a word with you? ...now I feel like a troll
    GT: KGB CareBear
    ----------------------------------------------------
    You Must Construct Additional Pylons!

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
    SoulCal and Street Fighter would like to have a word with you? ...now I feel like a troll
    I can't imagine a round in a fighting game lasting 10 minutes. Well, in a traditional, HP-based game.

Smash Bros, Dissidia, there... you can take 50 attacks and it doesn't mean a thing.
    Coming Soon!