Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Force tips and tricks.

Well ive been playing my force just randomly spamming techs ike im missing out on info that i really need to know. What sh aiming for wep wise and what are good pa's to have

Legend of Diettre Xren rickfrior's Avatar

Alice Olivia (Wand) is pretty basic, it can be used by all classes, also the preferred Photon Art, I'd say Magical Sign.

For Rods, I'm not a very big fan of them, but check anyway (http://www.pso-world.com/psz-items.php?cat=1)

Slicers are my best bet, even though they may have low accuracy (particularly the Forces), if they have decent Acc. Adjust attributes, use them well! They are both Wands (Can be used with Techniques), Rods (Can attack), and Handguns (Ranged)! And Bright Sign is its best Photon Art; Say Good-bye isn't bad either!
    "To declare epic battles with swords like a that of a HUnter and to wield guns as a RAnger, and to end wars with magical prowess, with a balance of both, you're a formidable FOrce."
    - Rick Frior

PSZ Protagonists: HUmarl Lv 97, FOmar Lv 100 (Main), RAcaseal Lv 100
    "Destined by Fate, Fated by Destiny..."

You may want get to know the hostile resistance tech wise http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=174058 since certain tech can deal 0 damage to a hostile e.g. using zonde on Garhadan is useless while another can deal more effective damage.

rods give the highest MST of all the force weapons so if you wnat to tech spam, this is the way to go. a uncommon rod to look for is Kerykion, the rarer White Disaster, and the end game tech spammer Psycho Wand. Photons %'s and Element don't matter for techs as techs don't use them.

if you want to use Photon Arts, then Photon %'s should be considered along with element. IMO rods best PA is Rodeo Drive, Wands best PA is Magical Sign, and Slicers best PA is Bright Sign. all of the above are great aside from slicer PA's. all slicer PA's suck and bright sign just happens to be the better end of the deal as it stuns and AoE, but it charges slow and has low MST mods.

remember, you are a Force. Forces have plenty of options for playstyle: nuker, slicer, magical sign, melee, battle, etc. pick whichever suits your own playstyle or mix it up for variety
    Your signature image is over the file size limit. Please reduce to 35,000 bytes or less. Refer to the forum rules for further sig limit details.
    my to do list:
    1. find a job
    2. take over the world
    3. buy groceries

Mid knight, thanks for linking to that hostile resistances topic I made. It is true that it can be helpful for Forces, but do not worry if you do not memorize all of the resistances. I mostly agree with what has been said so far. From the perspective of someone that uses a melee FOmar, I would suggesting experimenting a little with different play styles and seeing which one you like the best. You may also want to go ask some of the other people in The Force Club if you want any other advice.

Charged Megid -> Magical Sign.

With regards to slicers, you don't to worry about accuracy as much with the bosses (like Reyburn, Octo Diablo, etc.) and they are handy for hitting multiple weak points so I recommend at least carrying one with you for that.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisFTW View Post
    Charged Megid -> Magical Sign.
    not always...

vs a megid resistant hostile? you get 0 dmg.
    magical sign is more pp cost effective.
    has lvl 3 slow...not too bad
    whatever other element you put on your wand.
    %'s get factored in.
    hits more hostiles albeit for fewer hits.
    less charge time.

thats why i usually favor magical sign.

^ he means use a charged megid to bring the monsters closer then use magical sign
    PSZER0
    Nickname: Clayton
    FC 3567-1914-2135

Quote Originally Posted by FoMarlBorough View Post
    not always...

vs a megid resistant hostile? you get 0 dmg.
    magical sign is more pp cost effective.
    has lvl 3 slow...not too bad
    whatever other element you put on your wand.
    %'s get factored in.
    hits more hostiles albeit for fewer hits.
    less charge time.

thats why i usually favor magical sign.
    .... he meant using Gimegid as a vacuum and then using Magical Sign. Gimegid is prolly only gonna damage 1-2 enemies but the utility comboed with Magical Sign is what he was going for. its a common tactic.

also magical sign is considered melee and is resisted against mobs with high resistance
    Your signature image is over the file size limit. Please reduce to 35,000 bytes or less. Refer to the forum rules for further sig limit details.
    my to do list:
    1. find a job
    2. take over the world
    3. buy groceries