Page 1 of 14 123411 ... LastLast

Default The NEW Video Game Deals Thread

Tomee's thread has kind of dropped off and disappeared, but I had to make a new thread for some ridiculous deals I think everybody should take advantage of:

Torchlight (PC) is only $5 this weekend on Steam - http://store.steampowered.com/app/41500/

Get it. It's a Diablo-clone that's gorgeous and fun and awesome and I don't even like Diablo games.

MadWorld (Wii) is $8 with free shipping on Amazon. - http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...f=nosim/717-20

It's a stylish, gory action game that any fan of old-school brawlers should enjoy. It feels very much like an unofficial spin-off of No More Heroes, if that sounds like your kind of game. Extremely short for a retail disc-based game (I beat it in about three and a half hours, though there are additional difficulty levels, challenges, and multiplayer that I didn't try), but it's totally worth it for <$10.

Post any other deals you see.
    Last edited by Tomeeboy; Mar 27, 2010 at 10:58 PM. Reason: Fixed broken link

Eight dollars? Madworld? Oh poor platinum...oh wait...you made bank on Bayonetta, so I'm okay with this. I'll agree on the shortness, but it's still worth a shot, the game is solid if quick.
    Illustrator! Pixel Artist!:

a comfortable place between dreams and reality

Oddly enough I ordered MadWorld earlier this week, but it was to redeem the reward points from my debit card. Also got a wireless keyboard...

Crazy Awesome Old Potato Man Guy HAYABUSA-FMW-'s Avatar

For the handhelds, PSZ PSP games players

They possibly made another print run of this:
    ______
    DS
    _______
    Saw it in the bargain bin D; @ BestBuy today for $15
    Will go back soon enough, if not buying on Amazon with some other stuff for the free ship & no tax.

Now no longer backorder Chrono Trigger $20, minus all the "SQUEENIX tax!"
    http://www.amazon.com/Chrono-Trigger...565883&sr=8-11
    Others @ $20 shipped by Amazon

Avalon Code
    Advance Wars : Days of Ruin
    The World Ends with You
    Final Fantasy Tactics A2
    Zelda Spirit Tracks
    If any of those are your thing and you didn't want to get them at the $30-35 pricepoint.

______
    PSP
    _____
    Shin Megami Tensei: Persona : $17.27
    http://www.amazon.com/Shin-Megami-Te...9265852&sr=8-6

saw it @ $16 and change couple days ago
    Beaterator : $22

http://www.amazon.com/Beaterator-Son...9566401&sr=1-1

PSP's alternative to the always out of stock, resale high value KORG DS Synthesizers.
    Last edited by Tomeeboy; Mar 28, 2010 at 02:43 AM.

Supreme Pantless Commander SpikeOtacon's Avatar

Today starts Gamestop's huge "Game Days" sale. Some stuff of interest in there, though not the widest selection.

Quake 4 for $5.
    Last edited by Tomeeboy; Apr 29, 2010 at 11:23 PM.

She's a summer love in the spring, fall and winter

Quote Originally Posted by SpikeOtacon View Post
    Today starts Gamestop's huge "Game Days" sale. Some stuff of interest in there, though not the widest selection.

Quake 4 for $5.
    That sales pretty decent, however, if anyone has anything against gamestop or if you don't have a gamestop in your area, Amazon has around the same price on most of those games, and some games are even cheaper on Amazon. Quake 4 at $5 is a gamestop "exclusive" though. :P
    Nothing is sacred. Not that it ever was.

Nice deals guys, and thanks for reviving Off Topic's video game deals

Torchlight is definitely worth picking up at $5... a great game. There's talk of Torchlight being released on Xbox Live Arcade and I'm really hoping that happens (with multiplayer, of course).

I've got a few other deals that I've been meaning to post, and will put them together sometime tonight and get them posted here

Is there something we can do, even if these are pretty heavily discounted at times, to run through you to get PSOW some of that final total your way?

Something like the "Tomeeboy code" ?

Quote Originally Posted by HAYABUSA-FMW- View Post
    Is there something we can do, even if these are pretty heavily discounted at times, to run through you to get PSOW some of that final total your way?

Something like the "Tomeeboy code" ?
    Appreciate the suggestion Haya Whenever I post deals, I normally try to format the links accordingly so that PSOW gets the appropriate credit (assuming the option is even available, which it sometimes isn't).

Steam doesn't have any kind of program like this, but Amazon does, as well as a few others. I may put a page up in the near future that contains these specially formatted links so that people wanting to support PSOW through their regular online shopping can do so. In the meantime, if you're buying anything from Amazon and would like to support PSOW at the same time, you can follow product links I've posted, or go through the following link:

Amazon.com

Also, here are some of those other deals I had mentioned previously...

Gaming Credit w/ Pre-Orders at Amazon:

I've been buying most of my games at Amazon lately because of these types of deals. Pretty hard to beat getting a $15-20 credit on a brand new game. Amazon often has the games priced below retail as well, making the deals even sweeter.

Edit: Updated the links in your above post as well Haya
    Last edited by Tomeeboy; Mar 28, 2010 at 02:45 AM.

Cool, I forgot to say that was A-Ok by me, I was waiting also for that before buying anything I listed up.

$15-20 credit now is top tier. Thought $10 bonus with TvC not that long ago was pretty dang good.