Default Questions about Mage Weapons and Physical Attacks

Hi, I'm new to these forums, and I would like to ask a question.

I have a FOMar, and I have noticed something strange: Initially, I equipped him with a pair of Mechguns, and saw some successful damage when I wasn't casting spells. But when I tried a slicer, his damage output not only increased slightly(despite a lack of AP), but his MST went up in order to help his spell damage too.

Obviously this was a good move: but this begs the question. Are a Mage weapon's damage calculations based off of the wielder's MST, or is it still the AP?

Thanks for your time...
    P-6N

They're force weapons, not mage. Mages aren't in the PS universe.

Force damage is always based off MST. Was in PSO1&2 and is still that way in PSZ.
    Camille - HUnewearl - lvl 100 | Asterion - RAmarl - lvl 70 | Lucidique - FOnewearl - lvl 100

PM me your FC + nickname, if you add me.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruciarius View Post
    They're force weapons, not mage. Mages aren't in the PS universe.

Force damage is always based off MST. Was in PSO1&2 and is still that way in PSZ.
    ummm are you sure it was like that in ps1and2?
    Jazzuki - Lv 100 FoMar
    F/C - 5285 3796 6975

If You Play HoN Lets Play Some Time!

Well in PSO1&2, slicers were more for other classes, though forces could use them. They didn't increase MST, but did increase ATP.

However, rods, canes and cards all increased MST, which helps with tech damage.

ATP doesn't help with tech damage, which is the force's main attack.
    Camille - HUnewearl - lvl 100 | Asterion - RAmarl - lvl 70 | Lucidique - FOnewearl - lvl 100

PM me your FC + nickname, if you add me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzuki View Post
    ummm are you sure it was like that in ps1and2?
    Sort of. Magic (Technique) damage is always based off the MST stat, even back in PSO. Weapon damage works a bit differently in Zero, though.

In Zero, technique damage is based off MST. Physically whacking an enemy with a Force weapon (Rods, Wands and Slicers) also does damage based on the MST stat, regardless of what class is using the weapon. This includes Photon Art damage, on those weapons.

As you noticed, those weapons also boost MST, meaning yes, they do increased technique damage as well.

Conversely, all other weapons (ie Sabers) do damage based on the ATP stat, regardless of whether a Hunter or a Force is wielding them.

Hopefully that clarifies things a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Astarin View Post
    Sort of. Magic (Technique) damage is always based off the MST stat, even back in PSO. Weapon damage works a bit differently in Zero, though.

In Zero, technique damage is based off MST. Physically whacking an enemy with a Force weapon (Rods, Wands and Slicers) also does damage based on the MST stat, regardless of what class is using the weapon. This includes Photon Art damage, on those weapons.

As you noticed, those weapons also boost MST, meaning yes, they do increased technique damage as well.

Conversely, all other weapons (ie Sabers) do damage based on the ATP stat, regardless of whether a Hunter or a Force is wielding them.

Hopefully that clarifies things a bit.
    That's exactly what I needed to know. MST increases damage done by force weapons. That's always good to know!

It's the only thing that didn't seem to make sense compared to PSO 1+2, since they were ALWAYS based off of AP.

Apologies for the confusion in my question, that paragraph was trippin'.

Thanks again!

P-6N