Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I picked one up last weekend.

Installed the apps I wanted, configured the looks and feel how I like it, and so on. It's a wonderful and, yes, fast phone.

I only have one complaint with it and that's the horrible battery life.

After removing some things from start up, removing a few of the HTC widgets, adding the power control widget, adding the mobile network widget, plus some other tweaks, I've got battery life OK now. Certainly won't last very long if you really push the phone... but let's just say I went from going to 85% to 4% in about 7 hours (while sleeping) to only losing about 10-15% overnight now.

I charged my phone to 100% yesterday at about 10pm, went to sleep around 11:30pm, it's now 2:36pm now and I've got about 20% battery left. (Edit: Darn, I thought it was 30% 'cuz I just checked about an hour ago, but now it's in the 20s.. Looks like some people will have to charge this twice a day.)

It's nothing stellar, but adequate. I'm patiently awaiting the official extended 2150 mah battery coming later this month. (Hopefully it's coming this month anyway...) Going from 1300 mah to a 2150 mah should definitely solve my issue.

Just FYI, the top things that drain battery life on this phone are:

1. Mobile Network (this kills the battery the most... but you usually need to leave it on unless you're at home, in which you can leave Wi-Fi on and mobile off, however Wi-Fi will cut off some time after the display goes to sleep... not sure the exact amount of time, but I think it's within an hour or so... A happy medium is to uncheck the "Always on mobile network" option, but this will slow down your push notifications for gmail and things from instant to about 15 minutes instead... though some people report they don't get their new mail until they activate the display from sleep... I just leave the always on mobile network on anyway... I can't live without instant notifications...)
    2. Location service (Turn this OFF if you're not using any location programs... this also zaps battery like a mofo)
    3. Bluetooth (I keep this off since I don't have a bluetooth headset or really any use for bluetooth right now, you could turn it off and on as you make calls, but that's entirely up to you...)
    4. Some of the HTC widgets have been pointed at for draining the battery life, the Weather app in particular, but that's probably because it needs the location service on to work properly. (I've pretty much removed all HTC widgets from my home screens with the exception of Favorites, FriendStream, configured to sync every 2 hours, Calendar, and Bookmarks...)

There were more things I picked up on, mostly from this thread here: http://androidforums.com/tips-tricks...ry-thread.html

I also turned off Haptic Feedback...
    Last edited by watashiwa; May 3, 2010 at 04:51 PM.
    Creator of Tethealla, Administrator of Ephinea.

I wish I could get one, but I'm locked in with AT&T for another year. I just convinced my brother to get the Incredible over the Moto Droid, Nexus One and iPhone 3GS. I don't have lots of experience with the Moto Droid or the Nexus One but I've been an iPhone owner since the original one. I don't recommend them to anyone. Go with Android. The HTC Droid Incredible is really incredible.
    Nothing is sacred. Not that it ever was.

Heh, it sounds like you, me, and everyone else with an Incredible are doing the same little battery life dance Wata

Things I've done so far to increase the battery life include:

• Disabled "Always-on mobile data" under the Mobile Network settings (different setting than disabling Mobile Network).
    • Turned off the keyboard options for vibration, word suggestion, and spellcheck. I like typing on the phone 100% better after doing this, as those features were limiting how fast I could type and were also creating more typos than they were fixing!
    • Installed "Advanced Task Killer", which I use to kill apps that are running in the background that shouldn't be.
    • Lowered the brightness almost as low as it will go when I'm indoors (have to raise it back up when outside).
    • Diabled Wifi, GPS, and Bluetooth.

After doing these things, I can still only get about 16-20 hours out of the battery, and that's counting time when I'm asleep... hehe. Doing any kind of task seems to eat away 3-5% of the battery almost instantly. For example, my girlfriend just grabbed my phone to identify a song on the radio with Shazam (amazing app, by the way) and it used up 4% of the battery in about 1 minute.

I'm not really sure why they didn't include a better battery from the factory... Kind of a cheap and lazy way to launch what is probably the best smart phone on the market right now. From what I understand, it's the same battery that's in the HTC Droid Eris, so I guess they probably thought this would cut down on production costs.

I'll definitely be picking up an upgraded battery for it at some point. There's a 1750 mAH out from Seidio right now, but I'm holding out for something bigger (like the 3500 mAH they are supposedly releasing, even though that will most definitely require a new back for the phone).

Mannnn, I want a fancy phone like this!

T-Mobile owes me like 5 years worth of upgrades too, cause I never took them.
    (doubt that means anything to them though)
    I've always just went online and bought my phones myself.
    (Sidekick3, Tony Hawk Sidekick!(lol), Iphone.. and a few others).

But since I've been poor, and I broke my fancy phone, I bought a $20 Walmart phone!
    I miss money!