Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2532333435

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainPlanet View Post
    Hello, everyone. As we are all well aware by now, my reliability to post even the most infrequent of updates is, shall we say... terrible? Yeah, sorry about that. Don't think for a minute though that PS Prime has died or even slowed down for that matter. In fact, production has picked up drastically to where it's now firing on all cylinders, being worked on at least 6 days a week for several hours a day and showing no signs of slowing down. This is a project that I have personally had in the works for nearly seven years now, most of the time of which was spent trying to balance my work/creative lives while fleshing out the gigantic story this project touts. We're now at a point where the rubber is meeting the road and we're actually seeing the fruits of our labor more and more on nearly a daily basis and I must say, it's a great feeling.

First of all, I want to touch back on the whole, 'infrequent updates' thing. I can no longer say that I'm empty handed in terms of content. In fact, I intend to post frequent footage updates showcasing different aspects of the game as time goes on without turning it into a painstakingly long playthrough of the product itself.

Today I have provided a link to 25+ minutes of gameplay from Phantasy Star Prime. It will be rather linear though and loaded with narrative, as there is a very large stage to set for all the things that are about to be in motion. You will notice a few tweeks since the demo was released back in December due to player feedback I received. I am also very excited that, despite spending most of this 25 minute video moving all the Earth-side story pieces into place, the Alisa III, from Phantasy Star III, has finally arrived in Earth's orbit. Speaking of which, if you haven't played Phantasy Star III: Generations of Doom for the Sega Genesis, PS Prime takes place almost immediately after Aron's ending, which I suggest you watch to kind of help put this whole chronicle into perspective.

Anyway, in the interest of avoiding a TL;DR update, below are the links to the content I mentioned. By the way, if anyone has any feedback about what they have seen so far, I'm all ears and my mind is always open.

If you haven't played Phantasy Star III: Generations of Doom or haven't completed the game with Aron's ending, a brief overview can be seen by clicking the link below:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tq9cYROvLRY&t=118s

To watch the 25+ minute gameplay footage of Phantasy Star Prime, follow the link below:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZZ9qV-lNW0

Enjoy!
    Interesting stuff. There goes The Starlost[S]Earthship Ark[/S], crashing into the planet. Any plans to add in more PS music, changes to intro dream background or battle system?

THE POWER IS YOURS!!! CaptainPlanet's Avatar

As far as PS music, yes, we intend to include a lot more of that, particularly custom/remastered scores of the original PS quadrilogy, as appropriate. In terms of the battle system, one major change that continues to be worked on is the group Photon Drive system, which is basically the equivalent of a combined, synergistic "Overdrive" used by the entire party at once when everyone's PD gauge is full. Still ironing out the mechanics behind a wide variety of combinations of character PDs and how their individual entry into the group PD will each trigger a unique group abiliy/buff/attack (or differing combinations thereof). in terms of the dream sequence, I've received a lot of feedback that the version released this past Christmas was too drawn out and tedious for the purpose it was meant to serve and that it doesn't really make sense for a completely inexperienced fighter like Rose to last as long as she did against a massive, intimidating enemy like Dark Force, so both were trimmed down significantly. Regarding the background, I'm considering just leaving the abyss black as it is intended to be a very dark, cold and empty dreamworld. Did you have something in mind?