Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    xbox 360 PSU ftw.

Default Fire EX traps - bug fix?

I was wondering if SEGA ever fixed the bug with fire traps EX

The bug is that the burn status effect cannot tick for daamge while the trap is going off.

That means the damage does not "stack" which is most desireable (since you can't use weapons while the EX traps are going off)

Phantasy Dad Online II Dragwind's Avatar

I'm not sure if this was intended or not, but I wouldn't expect such a minor part of gameplay to be changed. Basically every time the trap ticks, the SE is re-applied without stacking thus not allowing the SE to tick at all during the trap's duration. At least once the trap is done the enemies are still left with a burn SE. Be thankful the trap at least does damage while it's going off?
    PSO, PSU, PS:Po, PSZ | PSO2: Jergraw (All classes 90) Lunaeris Demoria (Fo/Te 90) Onlak (Hr 90)
    -**Tech crafting max- message me for crafts**-

Forum Rules - Read it!

xbox 360 PSU ftw.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragwind View Post
    I'm not sure if this was intended or not, but I wouldn't expect such a minor part of gameplay to be changed. Basically every time the trap ticks, the SE is re-applied without stacking thus not allowing the SE to tick at all during the trap's duration. At least once the trap is done the enemies are still left with a burn SE. Be thankful the trap at least does damage while it's going off?
    minor part of gameplay?

You mean, they can make changes to PA damage %s, and adjust character stats, and weapons selection, but fixing an EX trap (one of the prime benefits of being a ProTranser) is too minor?

All they would have to do is retime the damage and the burn ticks, problem solved.

Sheesh

Quote Originally Posted by SolomonGrundy View Post
    minor part of gameplay?

You mean, they can make changes to PA damage %s, and adjust character stats, and weapons selection, but fixing an EX trap (one of the prime benefits of being a ProTranser) is too minor?

All they would have to do is retime the damage and the burn ticks, problem solved.

Sheesh
    >_> I <3 Trap Lag

It's because it's re-applied, much like with Giresta's Auto Recovery

You wouldn't want that changed, because while it would be ok for the traps, it would make SEs on everything else like fire bullets, fire techs, etc suffer.

minor part of gameplay?

Sheesh
    Prime benefits? lol Burn EX is the least used PT trap IMO unless you like spamming Bladed Legacy S2 a lot >_>

xbox 360 PSU ftw.

Quote Originally Posted by adios View Post
    Prime benefits? lol Burn EX is the least used PT trap IMO unless you like spamming Bladed Legacy S2 a lot >_>
    EX traps are the prime benefits. And EX fire trap is the least used because of the damage/Dot mistiming.

and Powder keg - they would not ahve to change the DoT apply rate, just change the damage tic of the trap itself (speed it up or slow it down). 1 change.

Default Status effect reapplication is not a bug, Burn Trap EX statistics,

Status effect reapplication is not a bug.
    they would not ahve to change the DoT apply rate, just change the damage tic of the trap itself (speed it up or slow it down). 1 change.
    Burn status effect applies every two seconds. EX Traps reapply status effect every second.
    Speeding up the EX Traps would still reset new burn ticks.
    This means EX Trap hits would have to slow down and wait over two seconds between each hit for the first tick of each new burn.

Burn Lv3 is 4% damage of total HP every two seconds.
    This means just 25 burn ticks will reduce all burnable creatures to one HP in 50 seconds.

If Burn Trap EXs allowed burns to tick between each hit, that would be 14 extra burn ticks which amounts to 56% extra off total HP.
    That would mean every burnable creature within range would unendurably lose 76% of their HP, plus the normal damaging flinching EX trap hits, all from one trap.

xbox 360 PSU ftw.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoamel_Gustav View Post
    Status effect reapplication is not a bug.

Burn status effect applies every two seconds. EX Traps reapply status effect every second.
    Speeding up the EX Traps would still reset new burn ticks.
    This means EX Trap hits would have to slow down and wait over two seconds between each hit for the first tick of each new burn.

Burn Lv3 is 4% damage of total HP every two seconds.
    This means just 25 burn ticks will reduce all burnable creatures to one HP in 50 seconds.

If Burn Trap EXs allowed burns to tick between each hit, that would be 14 extra burn ticks which amounts to 56% extra off total HP.
    That would mean every burnable creature within range would unendurably lose 76% of their HP, plus the normal damaging flinching EX trap hits, all from one trap.
    exactly. and that's a good thing. Bosses are not burnable, as are a number of minibosses. A fire EX trap SHOULD kick the crap out of everything else

i have never had any issues with burn EX, and i have had a PT since firebreak (obv only had EX since AOTI), i can see your issue with them seeming under powered. but my minor issue with them, is like stun traps the enemies get thrown away a little too quickly..... granted barada chamga helps with that but it does get annoying.

PT is a decent soloist but it is intended to be a perty player, so the down fall of the trap is made up by leaving them open for your team to slay.

76% damage on multi enemies from a single trap is a little excessive

i would love virus and shock (true shock not stun) EX (virus to do heavy initial damage with standard virus tick, shock to do faster than burn trap damage leaving them with a shorter than normal shock), or a normal EX (like a burn and shock EX combines for half the time).
    XBOX360 GT: B2 BASSMAN
    FROBOT in disguise: cast forte/master gunner transer thighmaster
    Jaguar: acro fighter/FIgunner
    Dharlethi: fortetecher
    Fuzzy Peach: fortefighter