Default GET YOUR EMO THA'FRACK OUTTA HERE!

So, I have this good friend of mine. I am very certain he is emo; from the way he wears his hair, to the way he acts. This guy is arrogant, stubborn and NEVER happy about anything. I'm not certain why I'm his friend, but I guess we have fun hanging out.

Anyway, The past few weeks some other friends of mine have been inviting him to dinner/events/hanging out/etc. Every single time, his reply has been "I'd rather just stay home" or "I don't want to go out". If he doesn't say that right of the bat, he'll cancel going out at the last minute. Suffice to say, I'm getting sick of it.

Today (Monday) is his birthday. My other friends and I had planned on taking him out to dinner. I told him before hand so that he could open up his schedule. He sent me an instant message on Friday evening saying TWO days before hand "I don't feel like going out. I'd rather just stay home."

I blew up at him. The fuck. Seriously. Your friends want to take you out for dinner on YOUR BIRTHDAY, and you say you would rather just stay home? Hell, I was going to pay for his dinner, then we were all going to go back to my place for cake.

I'm sick of dealing with his emo "I don't care about anything" bullshit. Someone take over for me. I'm going on vacation...

<_<

/rant
    Last edited by Skuda; May 24, 2010 at 04:15 AM.

Crazy Awesome Old Potato Man Guy HAYABUSA-FMW-'s Avatar

Is it too soon to be meta with the backlash at the emo scene that should have died down now already, with it being the theme of the party since the "guest of honor isn't there" ?

Like 80's theme party.

But you guys all dress up with bad haircuts/combovers, all black, maybe a Kiss Gene Simmons mask/paint stickies could be easily picked up for one person, then take the photos, IM them back to him.

Wish you were here drowning in the sorrow of our existential non-existence of the world that won't understand the depths of etcetera.

-

Frowns as you eat the cake, hunched over eyes glazed at the candle fire, death by chocolate black cake a must. Party supply stores should expand right now to meet the demand.

Kuda sighting(!)

On topic, that would be pretty annoying--but I wonder why you would be surprised enough to blow up at him if it's his normal reaction to everything. And hey, maybe the guy just really doesn't like going out? Is he out doing stuff regularly and only flaking when it's you guys, or is he just a homebody?

Ohh, how fun...What does he like to do?
    [PSO2] Darkante: Cast HU-44/RA-43/FI-42/GU-30
    Astral Storm: Newman F HU-35
    [PSP2:I]
    RB3 - Dark Knight "Ante" : Cast M Lv 200/ JLv Hu50/Ra50/F30/Va46
    RB3 - Crimson Sky: Beast F Lv 174/ JLv Hu34/Ra18/Fo1/Va50
    RB0 - Zone Dynamite: Beast M Lv 76/ JLv Hu0/Ra7/Fo0/Va0

I'm kind of like that sometimes, in the sense that I'd much rather just stay home and relax then go anywhere. But that's only sometimes. If he's always saying that, that's a bit of a problem. My friends and I know someone much like that (minus the emo), and we finally had a mature sit-down with him, and talked it all out. Now, he's a lot better at not randomly canceling plans. Just try and get inside his head, and see exactly why it's like that.

Quote Originally Posted by darkante View Post
    Ohh, how fun...What does he like to do?
    Spoiler!

He might have some kind of serious personality disorder (as opposed to just trying to conform to some kind of "style"). Unless he only does this during times of the day where he remembers he's supposed to be emotional or something.

In any case, sounds like the kind of person who's really great at parties!

i`m kind of one of those people. i try to be social, but i just like spacing off and doing nothing a lot of the time. i don`t mean to offend other people, i`m simply a complete space cadet. the only thing i can suggest is not coaxing him out. keep things relaxed, low key and he may go along with it. also he seems to be a decent enough kid, he could be going with the emo-look and not the emo-lifestyle.