Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Heavy Battle Virtuaroid VR-Raiden's Avatar

It's been too long so I can't remember too many specific matches, had so many great ones though.

One I remember in particular just cause I found it hilarious, fighting Card Grey and Toaster Mage's Heavy Fog-Monest deck. Never thought I'd see a Monest kill something, lol.

I'll try to remember some more to write about
    dammit I loved this game...
    Last edited by VR-Raiden; Jun 27, 2010 at 02:05 AM.

EP3 C.A.R.D. Battle King Deadbeard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AzureBlaze View Post
    Saw this, and had to come here.
    I'd had a few really memorable ones. I loved team battles the most. The first time we ran into someone who used Leukon was really something. We screeched at them the whole time, though it did no good, we still lost. Geez, 2 of that thing.

Another memorable/bad was all the times having the other team (or my partner!) fall asleep during the battle. Those suckers took FOREVER to end. Ugh.

Epic?
    Yeah, I once had a 2 hour fight on the uh...that huge board of the destroyed HU base...forget what it was called. They pulled out everything. Delbiters, C-sorc, and kept Gratnsing us (we were arkz & hu) I pulled out a shark (Named Pinky Jr.--Pinky Sr. was a Merlan) and he got kind of stranded in 1 corner. Well if you remember that's the shark who gains atp for everything that dies on the board or how many turns it is out or something but by the time any of them got close to it, it had like a billion ATP and 1 shotted their Hildebear. It was coming for their guy, but they killed him first. The whole thing came down to either megid hitting or them rolling up for grants again. We lost.

I didn't really love the game, but with so much NOTHING going on now, hell yes I'd play it again if it was still around.
    I can say with 100% certainty I have never fallen asleep during a battle on this game, nor have I ever partnered up with anyone who does that, if you're tired before a battle just say so beforehand.

Wow man 2 hours is a long time for a match. I probably have only been involved with a handful of those myself, and i've probably played more matches than almost anyone else. That card you mentioned has got to be one with revenge on it, if it gained AP for doing nothing, though I would have to review to be sure.

I do agree with you that theres alot of nothing going on now, every game seems to revolve around shooting someone nowadays, and most RPGs have been dumbed down to revolve around this new generation of morons who play these games all day. EP3 was ahead of it's time. Being released on the gamecube didn't help either, the game was far too easy to disrupt seeing as though data was stored on memory cards.

Quote Originally Posted by VR-Raiden View Post
    It's been too long so I can't remember too many specific matches, had so many great ones though.

One I remember in particular just cause I found it hilarious, fighting Card Grey and Toaster Mage's Heavy Fog-Monest deck. Never thought I'd see a Monest kill something, lol.

I'll try to remember some more to write about
    dammit I loved this game...
    A deck revolving around heavy fog and monest....makes my stomach hurt thinking about it lol. I guarantee it'd be a contender for most annoying deck ever.

I never fell asleep either.
    I mean geez if you are that tired log off it! (as you said) But it occurred with other people more than you'd want to know of. And remember how everyone could make those chats with screeching, tweeting, and bong bong noises? Everyone would raise a racket to try and wake the person cause it sure was rude. Though I don't think I ever woke anyone with it...

Since you have done so many fights in there I returned to ask this:
    Did you ever fight someone using Leukon Knight? If you did, did you beat them?
    I'm just curious to see if it is possible with a live Leukon.

The shark was the pink Pal Shark (oy finally remembered)

I kind of wish this game would come back, like as a LiveArcade or some kind of ps3 download thinger or something. Portable is great and all but I want PSU/O on a console. And it's like everyone's in a holding pattern now, waiting on 'more ps____whatever', this would fill the time. Plus, I'd have to recall all the names of my monsters.

I've done fights with people who saw fit to use that knight, castor, pollux, and even that huge germ boss you fight at the end. At first, I guess I wanted to amuse myself and see if I could actually win against these bosses. Yes, i've defeated multiple players using L. Knight/Castor/Pollux, but never against the germ. It's impossible for any player to win against another player using that, no matter how good you may be or bad they may be, won't matter against AOE that large and powerful. After a while though, I started just leaving battles against anyone using those cheats, not one to waste my time with people like that.

It's been suggested and said by many people already that this game should be made for download. The only real way this is going to happen though is a petition being sent to sega demanding this game get released again in some fashion or another, with enough support it'll happen.

The most memorable battle I ever had I more remember for its outcome than the specifics. I really wish I could remember every detail of this.

The players involved were myself, VR-Raien, R, and 1 other that just can't remember their name (help me out here VR-Raiden).

I beleve R was my team-mate and we faced off against VR-Raiden and the other person.

It was long and hard fought battle. R went down, leaving me alone to face off against the other 2. I took one of the other 2 down, and fought my heart out against the other person. Card after card was played and the battle could go either way. Neither of us backed down. I was using a technique deck and my opponent was using a Ranger deck.

In the end, the battle ened when my oponent defended a Baranz Launcher just enough to activate it's Death Compnion ability and take my last HP.

The final HP values of the battle were 0 0 0 1.

Even though I came up on the losing end of this match, it was one of the best I ever played. Especially at the end there everone was biting their nails in anticipatin - the match was so close.

I did not have the best cards in the game, but the cards I did have I used to the best of my ability, and was known for always putting up quite a fight. Though I didn't use it in this match, my favorite deck is one that uses my favorite card - Crimson Assassin. Most people knew that if you were to beat me, you had to go through my Crimson Assassin first, and I had a lot of great battles with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cranberry View Post
    The most memorable battle I ever had I more remember for its outcome than the specifics. I really wish I could remember every detail of this.

The players involved were myself, VR-Raien, R, and 1 other that just can't remember their name (help me out here VR-Raiden).

I beleve R was my team-mate and we faced off against VR-Raiden and the other person.

It was long and hard fought battle. R went down, leaving me alone to face off against the other 2. I took one of the other 2 down, and fought my heart out against the other person. Card after card was played and the battle could go either way. Neither of us backed down. I was using a technique deck and my opponent was using a Ranger deck.

In the end, the battle ened when my oponent defended a Baranz Launcher just enough to activate it's Death Compnion ability and take my last HP.

The final HP values of the battle were 0 0 0 1.

Even though I came up on the losing end of this match, it was one of the best I ever played. Especially at the end there everone was biting their nails in anticipatin - the match was so close.

I did not have the best cards in the game, but the cards I did have I used to the best of my ability, and was known for always putting up quite a fight. Though I didn't use it in this match, my favorite deck is one that uses my favorite card - Crimson Assassin. Most people knew that if you were to beat me, you had to go through my Crimson Assassin first, and I had a lot of great battles with it.
    Sounds like a really good fight there man. Any battle ending with a HP value like that and one person surviving against 2 players has to be great.

I have to take a minute to speak about R also. This is one player I TRULY have much respect for, and trust me, there's not many people I say that about. From what I gather, he was determined to become one of the best, and in the end, that's exactly what he did. I remember him never being afraid to go against me, hell, I think he even liked fighting me, because in the end it would only help strengthen his overall ability. Even experimented with C.A.R.D.S that not many other players dared to use, and made them work, none the less. Some said he was my equal in many ways. In any case, I wish there were hundreds of others around like him.

Lastly, there really are no such thing as the best cards in the game. Believe it or not pretty much all of my decks used the most basic of the basic cards. I never used any S or SS cards ever, and I don't even recall using many Rare 1-4 cards. I took starter C.A.R.D.S and let superior strategy do the talking.

Heavy Battle Virtuaroid VR-Raiden's Avatar

I remember the ending of that match Cranberry, amazingly close game. I'm trying to remember who my partner could have been. I'll name some that I may have been teaming with around when I met R. Maybe it was Dias? Voxie? Asher? Vinny? Giant|Remade? Er1? DikkyRay? Kappa? I feel bad for not remembering my partner in that match XD of those I have the strongest feeling it was Dias but I'm not positive.

and yeah R was an amazing player, don't think I ever beat him in a Solo match, and I remember playing quite a few against him. Felt like I learned something every time I played him. Always enjoyed our matches, he had a real good attitude toward the game

Here's another match I remember. I was in a team tournament, versus a team of Japanese players. Stage was Nebula 2, and they were both Rufina. This was actually the first match I encountered your Resistance-Slow time-Assistless strategy, Deadbeard. It wasn't the same, but used that assist set up. They each set Pan Arms, got they're assists going, and used Fix (I believe this was before the cost of Fix was increased). Me and my partner were literally helpless, lol.

First time I had seen that assist set up, it sparked my interest and I made some of my own but it was hard getting a partner to coordinate one with me for a while. Eventually I did get some going, but didn't really use them much. Made one with that Card Flip assist that makes it so you cant see your cards, wasn't the best choice but we annoyed some people with that I think I made that one with MEGADAFO.
    Last edited by VR-Raiden; Jun 30, 2010 at 06:51 PM.

Yes R was a great player. I played against him often. He was a very good player too. I learned a few things from him. I seem to remember that one time I did finally win a match against him, and I think he happy that I had come so far and gave him a great fight. He was a great sport.

I miss R.

My most memorable battle was recent, actually. I started off with good cards and a 6/6 roll, and went on the offensive pretty quick. My opponent was excellent on defense though, so he withstood my attacks long enough to play a battle of attrition with me. The match ended up with me winning with 2 or 3 hp left, and he would have killed me the next turn with gizonde. The battle lasted over an hour, and it was pretty crazy at times, so it was memorable to me.

I still have a lot to learn about this game.
    Quote Originally Posted by loukaras View Post
    PSO-World is a game?