Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    EP3 C.A.R.D. Battle King Deadbeard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VR-Raiden View Post

Here's another match I remember. I was in a team tournament, versus a team of Japanese players. Stage was Nebula 2, and they were both Rufina. This was actually the first match I encountered your Resistance-Slow time-Assistless strategy, Deadbeard. It wasn't the same, but used that assist set up. They each set Pan Arms, got they're assists going, and used Fix (I believe this was before the cost of Fix was increased). Me and my partner were literally helpless, lol.

First time I had seen that assist set up, it sparked my interest and I made some of my own but it was hard getting a partner to coordinate one with me for a while. Eventually I did get some going, but didn't really use them much. Made one with that Card Flip assist that makes it so you cant see your cards, wasn't the best choice but we annoyed some people with that I think I made that one with MEGADAFO.
    There are a few people who actually witnessed the creation of this deck. It's extremely complex and the amount of time it took me to make it was crazy. Needless to say, many altered forms of the deck started to appear after I started using this in actual matches. So long as the assist foundation is there you can change the offensive strategy as you see fit really.

Quote Originally Posted by SStrikerR View Post
    My most memorable battle was recent, actually. I started off with good cards and a 6/6 roll, and went on the offensive pretty quick. My opponent was excellent on defense though, so he withstood my attacks long enough to play a battle of attrition with me. The match ended up with me winning with 2 or 3 hp left, and he would have killed me the next turn with gizonde. The battle lasted over an hour, and it was pretty crazy at times, so it was memorable to me.

I still have a lot to learn about this game.
    Was this an online or offline match?

I don't remember much memorable battles, but the ones that I remember the most were the comedy battles. My friend and I went online as joke characters (Yu-Gi-Oh duelists: Pegasus and Seto Kaiba respectably).

My friend and I had a specific card we had to play: I couldn't really remember what card he wanted to play all the time, I think it was one of the sinows (or maybe he played a HU character), while I played 'blue eyes nano dragon'. Pull out a defense card when we were attacked and say 'I pull out this card in defense mode'. And when it's companion, 'I activate my special trap card'.

But mostly our deck consisted of small amount of 1-2 cost monsters, our main monsters, and TONS of board effect cards: heavy step, trash all, reverse card, land price...

There were a few battles where our decks that we just made on the spot took down some really good players because we would mess up their strategy and come to our turn (with luck as for dice roll) we would put an end to them, but there were some battles that we just lost, but all in all, it was for fun and our opponents seemed to have a good time with us as well.

Hmm..really that's not a joke. See, I never really looked at the game like that, but now that I think about it for a minute I think it's kind of interesting and fun. Absolutely nothing wrong with doing things like that, so long as you're having fun with the game, whats it matter?

I can see good players getting tripped up by this type of setup, i've lost my fair share of matches to decks like that you described, just because they're so unorthodox and when you finally play against someone using a setup like-so, you aren't prepared for it.

Heavy Battle Virtuaroid VR-Raiden's Avatar

Yeah I remember that has happened to me as well before. You're fighting someone and you're like "WTF who does that??" and sometimes it works lol

Here is another battle I remember part of. I remember it mostly cause my partner and I (I believe it was Giant|Remade) used a Relmitos team deck. I always loved using Relm decks but hadn't used such a well coordinated one with a partner before. Basically we got our set up going with Summit Moons and casted Shifta a few times, and before our opponents knew it, we were at 10 AP/TP after that I don't remember the battle too well, I think we just proceeded to bombard our opponents til it was over in a few turns.

Wielder of the Neiclaws Ce'Nedra's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SStrikerR View Post
    My most memorable battle was recent, actually. I started off with good cards and a 6/6 roll, and went on the offensive pretty quick. My opponent was excellent on defense though, so he withstood my attacks long enough to play a battle of attrition with me. The match ended up with me winning with 2 or 3 hp left, and he would have killed me the next turn with gizonde. The battle lasted over an hour, and it was pretty crazy at times, so it was memorable to me.

I still have a lot to learn about this game.
    Yeah that match was in general epic. It was really that turn that decied it, if not i would had you the turn after that. One of the best matches i ever played.

I also had a match of like 80 turns and over a hour once, was pretty much a standsill till i got cornered by a canadine and something else that managed to sap my health away slowly.

@Deadbeard: Was online on that private server. A few players orginaize a small torunamnt themselves eveyr now and then and that was our match for it. Im in the finals now. (Tournament mode doesn't work btw)

Celestial Manager~
    Quote Originally Posted by isCasted View Post
    Welcome to PSO2, a game which tells you to fuck off on regular basis. Have fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rupikachu View Post
    He just copypasted the log, which is mostly SOHO talking, and then for the remaining pages he just went to psow and copied the ep4 thread salt.

Getting whomped by Ryna will always be a memory in my heart

"It looks cool this way, let's stop."

Quote Originally Posted by Sayara View Post
    Getting whomped by Ryna will always be a memory in my heart
    Along those lines, I recall a particularly amusing moment from a battle where I killed Tingle.

I was using Teifu and had a Lavis Cannon equipped. Sayara was using Break and had a Belra out. Sayara had just ended his turn with 1 ATK/8 DEF. At the start of my turn, I played God's Whim. My Assist Card was replaced with Tech Field while Sayara's was replaced with Exchange. That switched Sayara's DEF amount to 1! I killed Sayara on my next attack.

That was the first and only time I used God's Whim. It worked well on that one occasion though.
    Last edited by Ryna; Jul 20, 2010 at 12:09 PM.

Wielder of the Neiclaws Ce'Nedra's Avatar

Well kinda every match that takes a very long time and is so close that anyone could win it are kinda memoriable to me, i love long and tight battles where it takes 80 turns before we know who might win, and then another 20 or so before it happends.

Had a few of these battles, were all epic to me.

Celestial Manager~
    Quote Originally Posted by isCasted View Post
    Welcome to PSO2, a game which tells you to fuck off on regular basis. Have fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rupikachu View Post
    He just copypasted the log, which is mostly SOHO talking, and then for the remaining pages he just went to psow and copied the ep4 thread salt.

There's one battle I had that will always stick in my mind. It was back on the Sega servers and I was in a team tourney with a good firend I'd met online. We both tended to play the same kind of decks but it wasn't a co-ordinated effort. In ts aswe wr both using a Delbiter deck and our luck just wasn't with us. We had all manner of dice+ and dice fevers on the field and we just couldn't roll a 7 to get a Delbiter out on the field.

Our opponents were punishing us for this. They were both hunters and seemed to be using a low cost deck of some kind so we were suffering multiple attacks each turn. We were both down to single figure health values and had almost given up.

Then something rather funny happened. I had a Bulk on the field which they were ignoring (and who wouldn't really?). In my last draw I'd pulled a madness out, the only one I had in my deck and I thought 'what the heck?'. So I positioned my Bulk between them, used madness and....oh god! If there had ever been a better time for Suicide to work I haven't seen it. Each of them lost all their items and only managed to equip one item each the following turn.

Then our luck changed, we both got a 7 on the next turn and landed a dual Delbiter combo onto the field. From there the battle swiftly turned in our favour and we pulled it back from the brink to win. Can't say I've cheered more at a computer game in my life. XD