View Poll Results: Does ne1 else here use linux?

I do cuz MS blowz and that stupid one buttoned without a scrool whe

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • Penguin Power Linux 4 life

1 50.00%
  • M$ Doze

1 50.00%
  • I love My Mac 1 Buttoned Mouse and all

0 0%

Thread: Penguin Power

Vote for me For SLEEPYHEAD

Does ne1 else here use linux?

I do cuz MS blowz and that stupid one buttoned without a scrool wheel macs are even worse

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Gartywood on 2003-03-05 21:24 ]</font>

2% Jazz, 98% Funky Stuff! Subliminalgroove's Avatar

ummm I use windows. Because I like games. I use Litestep instead of explorer if that makes any difference to you.

Wow, a Linux user!

I've been planning on installing Linux as soon as I got another hard drive, but uh... I've been putting that off for a while.
    I'm still set on it though. I think a dual boot deal of Linux and Windows XP would be pretty sweet.

Penguins and Mac!

Oh, and I like how the best thing people can come up with to put down Macs are the one-button mice that they're shipped with.

Vote for me For SLEEPYHEAD

On 2003-03-05 22:57, pixelate wrote:
    Penguins and Mac!

Oh, and I like how the best thing people can come up with to put down Macs are the one-button mice that they're shipped with.
    Quite frankly macs are so overpriced that they should come with a full functioned mouse. I mean honestly i can build a pc for half the price of a mac. And whats up with a floppy drive costing an extra 70 bucks the macs at my school just have zips drives and dvd-roms so i have to email anything i do to myself because ZIP drives are the stupidest things in the world. the disks cost like 10 bucks a piece. I prefer to carry around mini cdr's...smaller than a zip disk and much more convenient.

edit: oh and the iBook is kind cool and all but you're still stuck with that price tag. Maybe macs would have been able to get a handle on the market if the Mac Clones had been successful. I mean seriously how many people spend the extra money on IBM's when they can buy/build an IBM compatible clone for much less

Another edit i just checked apple.com and they want
    $1300 for an 800 mhz imac $1800 for a 1ghz for $1300 i could build two PC's with athlon xp 2700+'s or faster

Wow you can get a 12 inch ibook for $1000 oh wait 800mhz g3 128mb ram cdrom only (no way to actually write removable data)...For $1000 at dell i can get a p4 2ghz with 256ddr and a cdrw/dvd combo

Seriously you can't expect to successfully market a machine thats more expensive while not preforming as well and having a much small software library. The only reason Linux and Mac have windows emulators available is becuase they dont have their own software libraries. Microsoft knows its monopoly is so good that they dont even include the ability to read a mac formatted disk (bad move MS)

SO my basic beef with the mac is the Price Tag. take that away and you have a fairly stable OS built off of tried and true code (because they borrowed it from the unix/linux comunity) that you have to immediately buy a new keyboard and mouse for the second you take it out of the box.

me---> <-----Bill Gates
    Linux---> <-----Mac

<----Ness going whereever windows xp can take him

<---the king of Operating Systems

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Gartywood on 2003-03-06 09:16 ]</font>

On 2003-03-05 22:32, Subliminalgroove wrote:
    ummm I use windows. Because I like games. I use Litestep instead of explorer if that makes any difference to you.

We have a computer for every major operating system except for macintosh. Windows XP is our primary system because it kicks ass.