Thread: nvm

Default nvm

i had stupid logic
    Last edited by Red Ring; Jul 23, 2010 at 11:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Ring View Post
    Think I'll miss out on anything? I think I played just about everything worth playing and I don't think companies are focused on making games anymore that aren't purely designed to leech off of addicts.
    Perhaps the same could be said of all commercialized industries. This is why the real gaming enthusiasts are the ones who don't necessarily just go for any random McFPS and spend their money more on games that actually do dare to take that step forward and do something differently.

That's the reason the indie scene is of particular interest, because they don't necessarily have to worry so much about the publisher's demanding that they make a World War II first-person shooter, and instead, work on a spark of originality that does something completely different. This idea seems to play into not just the independant developers, though - because it's been showing up in the downloadable games market for quite a while now (things like Xbox Live Arcade and Steam - where smaller games are more easily distributable).

Of course you're going to miss out on things by ignoring it all together - that should be pretty obvious - but I would say that, yes, you'll probably miss out on at least a few new and innovative things if you just ditch gaming like that.

ProTip: To damage your credibility, simply call any of the Phantasy Star games "massively-multiplayer."

Quote Originally Posted by Kent View Post
    Perhaps the same could be said of all commercialized industries. .

He'll also be missing out on hilarious memes.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Ring
    I'm doing this because I have noticed that I'm wasting a lot of time and money on games that are pretty much retarded repetitive achievement unlocking filth and I'm sick of it.
    I knew crackdown 2 wasn't all it's CRACKED up to be, HA!

Man I'm on a fucking roll with this post.

"Brotherhood asked for no friendship, only loyalty. They stood back to back as the galaxy burned - always brothers, never friends; traitors together unto the last."

Phantasy Dad Online II Dragwind's Avatar

Spoiler!

I tried this idea for a while. It lasted me something about 2 years or so... at some point you'll crave to dig into new titles with fresh gameplay.
    PSO, PSU, PS:Po, PSZ | PSO2: Jergraw (All classes 90) Lunaeris Demoria (Fo/Te 90) Onlak (Hr 90)
    -**Tech crafting max- message me for crafts**-

Forum Rules - Read it!

Or maybe you should accept that games aren't designed solely to fulfill the needs of your ADD?

It's funny - the people who complain about this are almost always the same people who equate a game's quality to how much of their spare time it is able to waste.

Crazy Awesome Old Potato Man Guy HAYABUSA-FMW-'s Avatar

Yeah, you were playing games for the next big hit and not, for you, which games you actively like and seek out those kinds. And probably not doing the save money Gamefly style, but purchase $30-60 each one new new new?

But the gimmicks got me too. Rygar Diskarmor bro, no box, but instructions and lenticular hologram PS2 cover thingy? For $3?! I already have this game but rebought for the blingy trinkets.
    Quote Originally Posted by when u do R1+Triangle button up to 3 times
    CERBERUS!!!
    Comparable to DMC games in speed and combo abilities, larger interesting bosses than most DMC's, yet made in 2002. Super crap voice acting as a result, but good for a B-movie laugh. Remade for Wii with anime styled lameness spikey hair hero now, get the PS2 one. Diskarmor destroy everything of the Greek pillar and building architecture, find necessary power ups.

Nightmare of Druaga:Fushigino Dungeon old ARIKA publ. game on the front of disc sold me, even though I didn't know at the time it was a hardass "rogue-like" ; Nice clean graphics for its year, prince starts as a gold armor with wings on his gold boots. Be careful to not overstep your boundaries and lose all your gear and half your money. $4.

-

Some poor kid trading in a game and getting $4.25 credit max, clerk explained "Yeah its like buying a car right off the lot its not worth anything anymore!" But you guys will try to sell it back to someone used for $10-15, even if it may not be quickly sold back you're making 200-400% off it, not his fault but the corp. pricing and policies of course to stay profiting big to shareholders. I mentioned this family could check out the stuff in this bin, $4 or some less, but to the clerk and not those guys who just walked away.

Sega Hardass Shinobi was in there a couple times, $5
    Last edited by HAYABUSA-FMW-; Jul 21, 2010 at 05:03 PM.

It's even more funnier when one consider how much of a stellar year this year has been for gaming. Bayonetta, Mass Effect 2, Splinter, Cell Conviction, Red Dead Redemption, Monster Hunter Tri, Mario Galaxy 2, Super Street Fighter. Then there are the triple AAA titles which are subjective to each person such as FF13, GoW 3, Battlefield: BC2. Can't forget the indie scene and digital stuff, such as Limbo, Alien Swarm free arcadey PC game and a whole lot more that I can't name. Then there are many more awesome titles still to be announced released this year such as Vanquish, Fallout New Vegas, Rock Band 3, Metroid: Other M and many more.

There is also incredible technology being pushed as well from all console makers, while not exactly appealing now(except for 3DS) the future growth and potential for these new gaming technologies being pioneered is exciting at the very least. Onlive service subscription based gaming service allowing you to be able to play any game without having to fork over absurd costs for new consoles or PC upgrades. The gaming industry is just as exciting now if not more then in the 8 bit days.

"Brotherhood asked for no friendship, only loyalty. They stood back to back as the galaxy burned - always brothers, never friends; traitors together unto the last."

Crazy Awesome Old Potato Man Guy HAYABUSA-FMW-'s Avatar

Wii side had more too, No More Heroes 2 - ran a whole thread post exchange nonstop with boss battle "EPIC moments", Red Steel 2 was fixed from problems with the first plus its cowboys vs robot ninjas by the end of it.

The best thing about gaming is really all the choices. PSO:BB has lots of interesting weapons, and thus for the OP "trading" for all of them but without a crew to roll with everyday, it will get stale grinding to 200(multiple times?) or hunting some nice - you've never seen before/in other versions gear - then the elitists tell you - that sucks because "it doesn't have 30% hit at least, use charge mechs more n00b. "

Quote Originally Posted by AC9breaker View Post

He'll also be missing out on hilarious memes.
    I ended up making this, because of how often I end up saying it.

ProTip: To damage your credibility, simply call any of the Phantasy Star games "massively-multiplayer."