Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Default Viviana Decks Strategies

I there I've been using Viviana for years but with the recent loss of all my cards and having to start over it's been tough to use one that I like. In the past I used to use cards like Charity and Chao+. Now all I have Requiem and Kaldebog witch sounds like a bad ideal. I have at least 3 of all gi and simple techs, RaBarta, and Rafoie. As well as Resta. I want to make a deck that includes at least 3 Mahus since it's kinda a trademark for me. Maybe I'm being too hard on myself but I can't seem to pick up a deck that I like. So I come on here on this board for some advice on waht to do without the luzery of having every card. btw I'm level 75.

All of my advice relates to offline mode.

I definitely recomend that you add a Rukmin to Vivianna's deck. It gives you 3 EX every turn and getting as much EX as quickly as possible is the order of the day for Vivianna so that you can start using her TP bonus. She's only a mediocre character until you get some dice bonuses.

If you combine Charity with Dice Fever for assist cards you can very quickly gain more EX. Chao+ is a MAG that will boost your EX by 1 each turn. That's not much but it adds up. The biggest weakness of Chao+ is that it doesn't boost your stats very much, but especially if you don't have a Rukmin yet it might be your only choice. An action card called Bequeath might be helpful too, but you need to be careful how you use it. You play it as a defense card when your item is about to be destroyed. When it's destroyed you'll gain half the max HP of your item as EX. You need to be careful with this card since it doesn't prevent your item from being destroyed, but if you play it on a high HP item you could gain a nice chunk of EX.

I don't know how much of an option this is for you, but let's talk about team games now. Do you have any friends that play this game in multiplayer mode with you? If not these tactics may not be feasible.

While I realize that Epsilon is EXTREMELY rare, if you happen to have a friend that can play with you that has one, it's a great companion for Vivianna. Epsilon is hard to summon but once you do get it placed it offers a massive EX boost during your turn. It will very quickly pump up Vivianna's dice bonus if her partner has it on the field.

Another nice combo is the Delsaber set. Have a hunter equip the Delsaber Buster and Shield together. When the shield is broken, your team gets a huge EX bonus (provided the buster was equipped when the shield broke). A hunter that focuses on the Delsaber set and stays on the front line can get you some nice dice bonuses pretty quickly, plus the Delsaber set is pretty powerful in it's own right.

Several story characters have abilities that gain them EX. These story characters can make a great partner for Vivianna. While it's hard to get the computer to cooperate in these strategies, a human friend can make a lot out of them.

The more dice bonus you get (saddly Dice+1 card doesn't count for this) the stronger Vivianna will become, and the stronger she becomes the stronger your Mahu's become too when using techs with them. This in turn allows them to destroy things easier, thus allowing their TP growth ability to kick in. Vivianna is all about getting dice bonuses, and thus your deck should be geared toward raising her EX as fast as quickly as possible.

As i've said before I don't have rare cards like rukmin or Chao + or Charity. I do have bequeath and requiem. I do not know anyone that has epsilon either.

Could I get some more indepth advice to building a decent deck for Viviana?

I'm going to look over the cards and try and get some more ideas for you, but it will help if I have a better idea of what cards you have. While I'm comming up with some ideas, can you tell me what cards you have that offer ways to get EX? Also are you playing by yourself against the computer or do you have a friend that is coming over and playing with you?

The more I understand about what you have available and your play enviornment the better able I am to find a deck that can work with you.

Al right my viviana deck contains the following cards.

x1 Elysion
    x1 Windmill
    x3 Mahu
    x1 Shifta Merge
    x2 Godsheild Gembu
    x1 Rati
    x1 Rafoie
    x3 Barta
    x2 Zonde
    x1 Gizonde
    x1 Razonde
    x1 Resta
    x2 Wall
    x1 Resist
    x1 Reduce
    x1 Punch Guard
    x1 TP Def
    x1 Weakness
    x2 Bequeath
    x2 Tech Feild
    x1 Requiem

other than the card i put in this deck the only other card that's for exp that I can think of that forces can use is Kaldebog. thanks for any help you can offer.

Cmon people I'd like to hear what you guys/girls have to say.

I've been testing some Vivian ideas given what you have and give this a try.

Savitri or Kapu Kapu Mags
    Mahu
    Kaladbolg

Some 2 Cost Canes

Now have your action cards be a mix of techniques and attack action cards. Even though Kadbalog says it can't use action cards, that's a mistake it can as long as they aren't techniques.

The MAGs give Viviana some much needed power. KapuKapu is great if you have it but it not Savitri has perks of its own even if it does lean more into melee.

Killing something with Mahu or Kaladbolg will give you some nice bonuses, and the Kadbalog's especially will help you get that EX up. The sooner it gets up he sooner your techs will start to get super charged. But even without extra EX the Kapu Kapu mag (and to a lesser extend the Savitri) will give you some extra tech power to use as well as a relatively high HP item.

For defense cards, that's largely up to you. There's a number of ways you can go but be sure to include both Attack Action and Technique cards.

My test deck here could still use some refining but it did well in the practice run.

2 Kaladbolg
    2 Savitr
    1 Kapu Kapu
    2 Mahu
    3 Sting Tips
    2 Foie
    2 Barta
    2 Zonde
    1 Round Slay
    2 Dodge
    2 Guard
    1 Resist
    1 Escape
    2 Bequeath
    2 Wall
    2 Slash
    1 Requiem

I would probably ditch the 3 Sting Tips, add 1 more Mahu and either pick a couple 2 cost Canes or add some more action cards in their place.

The idea here is to use the MAGs to help Viviana fill the power vaccuum she starts with and power up her Kaladbolg's and Mahu's so that they can utalize EX and TP growth.

That's not bad, it's an interesting way to go, seems like it would go better with reimatos but I suppose he's just a better character. It seems to be more geared to offense than defence. I've actually been seeing that a lot of late. You've put quite an effort into helping me and I thank you. I'd also like to ask you to try my deck and what you think of it. Also I'm guessing breiva is a no no. Also for this viviana deck you got here. With my deck I used godsheild gembu and shifta merges instead of my usual soul barriers for better exp off bequeath. I'd like to suggest club of laconium maybe for it's ability trap because think might be tough when something with action distrupter pops in. Is the Mahu still useful without the protection of sheilds? Than again when it gets turned into an attack/tech deck like this I suppose it's range comes in handy. Also is there a reason you used only simple techs.

I've built your deck and I am testing it out. I could even make some recordings for you if you like. It might be kind of interesting to see your own deck in action in someone else's hands. I'm going to take it through several battles and see what cards are working with it, what cards aren't, and how we might improve it.

Edit:
    Here's the recording.

Last edited by Cranberry; Aug 24, 2010 at 03:24 PM.

So how are things going cranberry? Also if anyone else wants to give advice I'd like to hear it. Even if it's small.