Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    Battle Maiden of Ragol Lady Nadia's Avatar

tp growth hmmm vivi has her own tp to worry about growing if u wanna use tp growth in my opinion id recommend inolis, relmitos, or glustar. and whoa whoa whoa DeadBeard i misunderstood ya but u misunderstood me as well i did'nt mean fighting u with a starter deck i meant fighting it with my main deck! u know the one u used ur break deck on in our "finale" battle. i call it my main deck cuz u know how muchj i loved that wep combo and how frequently i used it with teifu in teams n silfer in solo. id never challenge u with a starter deck.... id know better lol. Main!!! not starter!!! lolol....and grow guard, not vivi.... got ya!!! and back to grow guard, yes its like taking a free hit but if u use it vs com arks decks most of them only use low cost crap that barely touch u , which is why i recommend using it with weps like sange yasha that have good hp and heals itself. and only 1 maybe 2 in a deck i wuldnt revolve my whole def scheme around them. i use them vs coms only ive never found a need for this card vs ppl. and wow i guess im out voted here on the lilkes of viv but i still culdnt imagine myself using her in solo with the other available fos. teams tho hmmm dam DB we never used her, not together nehow, but i culd think of some wicked ass ways of using vivi in some team decks.
    Last edited by Lady Nadia; Jun 10, 2011 at 10:18 PM.
    Ep3 - Nadia 381 Hunewearl, W-4782 L-191, King 32.
    Ep1&2 - Rika 200 Hunewearl, Sophia 200 Racaseal.
    BB - Nei Chan 200 Hunewearl.

EP3 C.A.R.D. Battle King Deadbeard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cranberry View Post
    Aye, it would have been nice to have a match with you. I didn't have the best of cards, but I gained a reputation for using what I had to the best of my ability and always putting up a respectable match.

For teaming together, I think the deck you would have most liked to be teamed with is one I have called "Fruit". It's only item cards were the Delsaber set - 3 of each card, but it was packed to the gills with defense cards. The deck could protect you from just about anything and against even the toughest of opponents this deck could hold on for a long time. You would have liked having it on your side. The EX bonus we got when the shield finally was destroyed was always nice too.
    Truth be told, I devoted my entire time to arks, and never really focused too hard on hunter strategies, but the more I look at this particular combination, I start to see the potential of it, but I see the 1 glaring flaw also. In theory, you're golden. Your sword is protected, and every swing gives you 1ap, and even when your shield is finally destroyed, you're netting a lot of free exp and heck, just have another on reserve and throw it on, rinse and repeat until your sword is buffed up. Oh, and you're protected against heavy rampage.

You're only allowed 1 attack per turn though..no matter how you cut it, that just isn't good, as its too easy to defend against 1 attack (even if it is 1 powerful one) as opposed to two moderate attacks. Also, if my team ever fought against that, I would see to it that we both ignored you 100% and focused all our attention to killing your partner before you became a factor in battle. Swing at us 10 times, yeah you may have gained 10 ap, but what conditon is your partner in after all that? If you were facing me and my partner, probably on his/her deathbed already. I can't help but notice weakness and even tp defense totally shuts the value of this combination down to basically nothing. Do you want to know what the worst scenario would be? You gaining lots of ap with the sword, and someone just hits u with companion, then again, if I were honestly planning a deck around this, there's no way I would not have included 2-3 of those defense lock 3 cards to avoid such a fate.

In the end, I'm not saying its a bad combo, just one you'd have to be very careful how you approach a true team strategy around this. It would need to be one where your opponents have to go after you, even if they wanted to avoid doing just that. Like swatting an annoying fly that won't leave you alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Nadia View Post
    tp growth hmmm vivi has her own tp to worry about growing if u wanna use tp growth in my opinion id recommend inolis, relmitos, or glustar. and whoa whoa whoa DeadBeard i misunderstood ya but u misunderstood me as well i did'nt mean fighting u with a starter deck i meant fighting it with my main deck! u know the one u used ur break deck on in our "finale" battle. i call it my main deck cuz u know how muchj i loved that wep combo and how frequently i used it with teifu in teams n silfer in solo. id never challenge u with a starter deck.... id know better lol. Main!!! not starter!!! lolol....and grow guard, not vivi.... got ya!!! and back to grow guard, yes its like taking a free hit but if u use it vs com arks decks most of them only use low cost crap that barely touch u , which is why i recommend using it with weps like sange yasha that have good hp and heals itself. and only 1 maybe 2 in a deck i wuldnt revolve my whole def scheme around them. i use them vs coms only ive never found a need for this card vs ppl. and wow i guess im out voted here on the lilkes of viv but i still culdnt imagine myself using her in solo with the other available fos. teams tho hmmm dam DB we never used her, not together nehow, but i culd think of some wicked ass ways of using vivi in some team decks.
    I'm not taking anyones side on this whole vivi thing, I just like cranberrys approach to this. Trying to highlight the positives of using her. Again, I never was a hunter player so my focus wasn't really in that direction. Had it been otherwise, there's no doubt in my mind ida had some good decks made revolving around her.
    Last edited by Deadbeard; Jun 11, 2011 at 08:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadbeard View Post
    Truth be told, I devoted my entire time to arks, and never really focused too hard on hunter strategies, but the more I look at this particular combination, I start to see the potential of it, but I see the 1 glaring flaw also. In theory, you're golden. Your sword is protected, and every swing gives you 1ap, and even when your shield is finally destroyed, you're netting a lot of free exp and heck, just have another on reserve and throw it on, rinse and repeat until your sword is buffed up. Oh, and you're protected against heavy rampage.

You're only allowed 1 attack per turn though..no matter how you cut it, that just isn't good, as its too easy to defend against 1 attack (even if it is 1 powerful one) as opposed to two moderate attacks. Also, if my team ever fought against that, I would see to it that we both ignored you 100% and focused all our attention to killing your partner before you became a factor in battle. Swing at us 10 times, yeah you may have gained 10 ap, but what conditon is your partner in after all that? If you were facing me and my partner, probably on his/her deathbed already. I can't help but notice weakness and even tp defense totally shuts the value of this combination down to basically nothing. Do you want to know what the worst scenario would be? You gaining lots of ap with the sword, and someone just hits u with companion, then again, if I were honestly planning a deck around this, there's no way I would not have included 2-3 of those defense lock 3 cards to avoid such a fate.

In the end, I'm not saying its a bad combo, just one you'd have to be very careful how you approach a true team strategy around this. It would need to be one where your opponents have to go after you, even if they wanted to avoid doing just that. Like swatting an annoying fly that won't leave you alone.
    i agree. delsabers buster combo is 1 attack only, defending against it wuld be gravy in team play. delsabers buster is just begging to eat a companion as well. for a 1 attack combo ud have to put lock on 3s in ur deck to shut down the counter n counter+ popularity and companion. and ur opponents got several rounds of low dmg to defend against b4 the weps even looked on as a threat and ur relying on ur partner alone to hold em off til u get to that point. i wont deny tho ive seen some interesting strats with this combo using guykild being built like a tank using all 3 lock cards in deck and using them according to opponent's def rolls in solo play. so i suppose after looking at the downsides i still see some potential here. biggest gripe i have about the set overall tho is ability trap items n creatures are gonna eat that combo alive as well as cards that have ap/hp swap like windwill. And DB if u can honestly say u culd think of some good decks revolving around vivi in solo.. this i gotta hear.. nething u care to share? i know u said "if" u playd hunters but dammit start thinking hunter! ive heard some ideas posted here about vivi but i have yet to see nething id consider solid. i wont doubt ppl have fun using her but hmmm guess its just me but i culdnt see myself wanting to jeopardize a W. u gots some thoughts please do share! id love to see how vivi culd be used in solo without being high risk. and again il emphasize the words "in solo". i like cranberrys approach as well, likes to look at the good side of chars which i do as well, but i tend to X them out due to their bad sides if i find em to be too extreme, we quite different in that regard. and omg ur signature... ughy... i wanna cry.... im insulted.. i thot we was a team!!!!
    Last edited by Lady Nadia; Jun 12, 2011 at 11:08 AM.

o and mc pot didnt mean to ignore ur post back there but id have to decline ur challenge cuz the only card i ever use grow guard with is the 5 cost sange and yasha and i wuld never use the card vs ppl. as i stated sange and yasha with hp attacks and a couple grow guards is 1 of several good ways of getting s rank and lotsa cards vs com, i wuldnt use the card in any other way. its not by any means what id call a great card but itsa fun card to use in this setup. even more so for com bashing online cuz the card is enhanced in the way i mentioned prior. 1 cost and 1 hp def online. o and 1 more thing its great vs hunters too not just arks, i mean take a hit with a grow guard, then on ur attack turn use ur secondary wep to draw com def then use punch or rhp on ur uber hp attack drained and grow guarded sange n yasha to easily kill all com weps and easily heal itself to full. id recommend at least 1 punch and 1 right heavy punch in deck if using vs com hunters. i know i mentioned monkey king bar and partisan of lightning and full heal weps prior as well but these were only suggestions since both weps have ap growth and full heal weps are just that, grow guards can add a bit more. wuld i use it in this way personally? the answer is no.
    Last edited by Lady Nadia; Jun 12, 2011 at 09:37 AM.

Aww I thought stuff like mahu would be a good way to go since you'd have 2 ways to level you tp to a high amount. Using it with someone like Inolis would lose it's purpose although with Mahu and Elyson Relmitos and Inolist(with a 3 shiftas) would be a good way to hit a lot of targets for moderate dmg. To me 5 is moderate. My brother use to have a deck he use to use that would use the Preta, and an 3 cost force weapon with a 2 cost force weapon(usually club of laconium or w/e the one is with ability trap). Vivi I won't give up on you, I won't! Also shame on you nadia for swaping story characters from team to solo just becuase one does a little better in one than the other. Where's the heart, where's the love?

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Nadia View Post
    i agree. delsabers buster combo is 1 attack only, defending against it wuld be gravy in team play. delsabers buster is just begging to eat a companion as well. for a 1 attack combo ud have to put lock on 3s in ur deck to shut down the counter n counter+ popularity and companion. and ur opponents got several rounds of low dmg to defend against b4 the weps even looked on as a threat and ur relying on ur partner alone to hold em off til u get to that point. i wont deny tho ive seen some interesting strats with this combo using guykild being built like a tank using all 3 lock cards in deck and using them according to opponent's def rolls in solo play. so i suppose after looking at the downsides i still see some potential here. biggest gripe i have about the set overall tho is ability trap items n creatures are gonna eat that combo alive as well as cards that have ap/hp swap like windwill. And DB if u can honestly say u culd think of some good decks revolving around vivi in solo.. this i gotta hear.. nething u care to share? i know u said "if" u playd hunters but dammit start thinking hunter! ive heard some ideas posted here about vivi but i have yet to see nething id consider solid. i wont doubt ppl have fun using her but hmmm guess its just me but i culdnt see myself wanting to jeopardize a W. u gots some thoughts please do share! id love to see how vivi culd be used in solo without being high risk. and again il emphasize the words "in solo". i like cranberrys approach as well, likes to look at the good side of chars which i do as well, but i tend to X them out due to their bad sides if i find em to be too extreme, we quite different in that regard. and omg ur signature... ughy... i wanna cry.... im insulted.. i thot we was a team!!!!
    This was my original signature when I first created this account, but I took it down for certain reasons..now I realize that doesn't matter in the least, haters tend to hate, its just how it goes. I'm confused, why are you insulted by it? I don't straddle fences, either I'm with you, or I'm against you. And you, ill always be with. I've taught, trained, and been through h*** and back with you, mostly without any serious burns at that! You're an extension of me, and everything I represent, and I'm proud to call you my partner.

As far as vivi goes, id tell you if I thought she was hopeless solo-wise, and she's certainly not. The dice bonuses fill up with just 12 exp in solo, that's the #1 key thing to remember, underestimate that fact and you'll regret it. Just because she doesn't have tech or 3ap to begin with doesn't mean she can't kill anything and build exp. People always using the same old failed strategies with her is mostly what caused people to agree she's hopeless in 1v1. You of all people know my deck making abilities are unparalleled and if I put my mind to something, ill make it happen. I can offer some good advice on some ways to get a successful solo deck going with her, or look at existing decks and offer some insight on it.

Quote Originally Posted by New_Mcpot View Post
    Aww I thought stuff like mahu would be a good way to go since you'd have 2 ways to level you tp to a high amount. Using it with someone like Inolis would lose it's purpose although with Mahu and Elyson Relmitos and Inolist(with a 3 shiftas) would be a good way to hit a lot of targets for moderate dmg. To me 5 is moderate. My brother use to have a deck he use to use that would use the Preta, and an 3 cost force weapon with a 2 cost force weapon(usually club of laconium or w/e the one is with ability trap). Vivi I won't give up on you, I won't! Also shame on you nadia for swaping story characters from team to solo just becuase one does a little better in one than the other. Where's the heart, where's the love?
    alright here we go... incoming essay! my love of the game comes in winning and being at the top. nuthin more nuthin less. i wont deny it, this is quite possibly the best pvp game ive ever played, so i takes it to heart. i dont use SCs because i have a personal passion for them i use them bcuz i know what they are and arent capable of doing and m confident the scs i choose can hold their own in any given situation. and if in ne way that sc dont live up to my standards im not using it. if its good in solo but not in teams or vice versa thats just the way it is, i switch scs in teams and solo all the time. 1 example is in solo i like silfer or saligun depending on the map and how im feeling about needing anti abnormalty at that moment, in teams i like using teifu over the 2 bcuz he has enemy bonus added to his ap. i will never build a hi risk deck that will only win when "things go right". i works with my partner here and creates decks that can take on nething in any given situation and in solo vivi to me does not live up to this expectation. o and btw vivi needs 24 xps to have ne kind of power. and yet even 2 dice bonus only puts her above glustar n relmitos by 1 point, is it really worth all this effort for a whole 1 point advantage? especially since you are basing your offense on wearing a 5 cost, 2 tp and 6 hp mag to help get it, so ur gimping her tp in equip to give the tp to the sc directly, so in the end is this even that much of a bonus??. im not saying rukmin is a necessity but its commonly used with her. seriously, vivi doesnt really shine until she dings that 3rd dice bonus. and getting that 3rd dice bonus in solo play.... well like i said this is a huge huge risk... hell even getting the 2nd one isnt easy... and mahu hmmm at the moment i have no objections to using the card in a vivi deck might be one of her better options wep wise but what do u pair it with? her 5 cost rukmin? thats back to the 1 attack strat i am not a fan of in the least as uve read in my previous posts one more thing that brings a huge smile to my face is the thot of losing ur weps later in the battle and.... alright!!! rukmins back in my hand! your in for it now! even if u got ur 3 dice bonus these cards u dont need at this point in the fight nemore gonna keep flying back at ya. i mean am i wrong do u really want rukmins flying back at u later in the fight??? these cards become obsolete fast when u use vivi and knowing i got these in my hand i dont need anymore coming back at me later in the fight, especially if its an intense close battle these obsolete cards r gonna cost ya cuz ur gonna have to put at least 2 rukmin in ur deck if ur usin them to have a good shot at getting em right away might even need 3 cuz she needs xp and fast cant risk not gettin 1 quick if ur relying on em. rukmin decks are not by any means what id call good decks. and not using these rukmin to get xp also puts u at a disadvantage, so overall its really a lose lose situation. to counter this ur gonna have to put more weps in ur deck plus the assists... 1 attack aint gonna cut it, so ur gonna need lots of techs as well to support 2 weps so ur def is gonna be extremely lacking.so please someone enlighten me here!!! whats the strat? i really wuld like to see a solid way of using vivi in solo but it ceases to exist as far as i can see. but all everyone is saying is o vivis not bad at all but without any good explanations at all. not too often we disagree deadbeard lol but this 1 i gotta hear from ya so fire up that GC and put that mind to work. im quite curious as to what exactly u do with her mcpot that makes u like her so much!! ive looked many times myself n ive seen nuthin that hits me in a way as omg gotta use vivi in solo or even in a way to want to use her at all in solo. sorry im stressing the whole "solo" thing so hard but ive been getting way too many comments on ppl saying i hate vivi... in solo vivi is like a counter+ card. 50% of the time this sc is gonna work out the way i want it to. is 50% of the time enuf for me to risk using her? not even close. i have no objections to having fun and enjoying using vivi vs coms or in teams. but like i said, i dont use an SC cuz i like the char i use the SC because of his or her capabilities. and when it comes to solo i have yet to see or come up with a vivi strat that i feel confident enuf with her to know that i culd play against any setup with this deck. id be hoping to god that o i hope that my opponent isnt using this or this or that. so no i just dont put her in this category. im not gonna call her hopeless... i prefer the phrase lacking hope!!! but ya explain to me what u likes to do with this SC and helps me put her in this category for solo as well!! if im a lost cause for thinking this of her in solo, please show me the light!! im nowhere near the end of my discussion of what i can still say about vivi, but ima call it quits for now and il comment on anymore ?s that may arise. so enough with the vivi comments and start blurting out some possible strats. all we got so far is mcpot talking bout mahu n rukmin.. needs a lil bit more than that! grants maybe? to utilize just 1 wep.. n we relying on dice here with this char so lots of giz and razondes? hmmmm... im off today and now all i can think about is vivi, gonna be a wonderful day lol. deadbeard im calling u this weekend and we gonna make a vivi solo deck that shines with her and doesnt leave us wanting to put the deck in another fo's control.. your decision to disagree with me has made this an inevitable thing, so be ready for a looooong phone call lol. and Deadbeard im insulted cuz ur trying to steal my title!!!!
    Last edited by Lady Nadia; Jun 13, 2011 at 07:55 AM.

It is true that the Delsaber combo only gets 1 attack, and that can be a conern. Oddly though, when I played it online Companion was never a problem. For whatever reason, during the time that I played people generally did not use it. I think in all the games I played I only ever lost a Delsaber buster to Companion 2 or 3 times. I saw Counter+ in use much more often than Companion during the time I was online. Counter+ is a pretty risky card to use. Sometimes it made me have to equip a new buster, other times it basically gave me a free shot against them.

The true strength of the deck wasn't it's attack power - but it's defensive power. A common deck building tactic was to choose certain cards and build your defenses around them. This deck was a different approach. This deck was built all around defense. Half the deck is defense cards. The approach I took was "I want to be able to protect my partner from anything." That is the strength of the deck. The Delsaber Combo is a good fit for that because the Buster's AP growth helps compensate for the lack of attack action cards, and the shield provides a good HP buffer to keep me safe and when it finally does get destroyed, it provides a nice EX bonus.

The many defense cards are the reason a lot of people I played with enjoyed being paired with this deck. In one game I really frustrated my opponents because they couldn't destroy my partners 3 HP wand. Our opponent had a Zanba out and tried to use it's ability to destroy the wand. I threw out an Aegis Guard to protect it. On the next turn he swung the Zanba again and I threw out a 2nd Aegis Guard. His partner uses Gibarta, and I threw out a Cancel. Finally they use this big action card powered attack for like 12 damage that they expected to hit my partner directly. It instead hit his 3 HP wand. That was the strength of the deck - the many defense cards. Even if someone used a Lock card, I probably had a different cost card I could still use. The deck had a pretty good balance in terms of cost.

The few attack action cards that did make it in were designed to help compensate for only having 1 attack. Round Slay, Heavy Slash, Long Arm, and Punch are a few made it in with the idea of making the most out of that 1 attack. The AP Growth helps to compensate for the relatively few attack action cards in the deck.

This deck was an experiment under the idea of "The best offense is a good defense." The reasoning is - the longer I can keep myself and my partner protected, the better our chances of winning. A deck truely built around team work. I often had no idea who my partner was going to be, or what kind of deck they were going to use. This deck was a good stable deck that could work well with any deck it was partnered with. Although it was not my main deck, it quickly became a favorite among the people I played with because it protected them so well.

i agree this deck culd definitely be effective if used correctly, and taken to even higher lvls if ur def is 100% solid and ur partner has solid def for himself as well, the combo of the def schemes culd be very hard to break thru, especially since ppl wuld be likely to ignore u in combat, db mentioned sumthin to this effect as well that he mighta even ignored u!! and i wont lie, i might have even thot the same! i still see the need of slipping a few lock on 3s in a deck like this tho, counter+, counter, and companions need to be shut down. just a suggestion!! i gives this an A+ rank due to ur efforts and devious actions! i love it! with the right def schemes and proper card adjustments made by both members of your team i culd definitely see some solid perks in using a setup like this.
    Last edited by Lady Nadia; Jun 13, 2011 at 04:54 AM.