Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Man Lady Nadia how boring. You need to learn to bring more heart into the game. I could point out a bunch of flaws in cranberry's deck but Viviana can't use Delsaber's shield so I'll bit my tongue. Now to tell everyone(mainly Lady Nadia) it's clear that Viviana is flawed and that she needs much to be desired witch it why I made this topic to figure out good ways to use her. We really don't need to read about ways how she's inferior to other story characters.

Rukmin's a good strategy to use but not the only one. IF you do decide to use it though it can still be useful when you have a 3+ dice bonus, it's when you got a 8 dice bonus when it becomes insufficient. Now I noticed someone saying that I like to use Mahu and Rukmin together but that's untrue. Truth is my most successful deck strategy is combining Mahu and Elison with Shields. It did manage to win a few games online but I don't remember if that's the strategy I used back than, it all seems like a distant memory now. I started this topic to help improve my deck building strategies for viviana because I have a desire to use this cutie. You see if I was a heartless monster like Lady Nadia I'd probably just go with Glustar.

EP3 C.A.R.D. Battle King Deadbeard's Avatar

That had to be the longest wall of text ever. Look, Nadia, you have to start thinking outside the box and come up with some good ideas on how to take full advantage of what you're working with! The reason I don't flat out write a deck out here is because 1. I haven't had time to fully analyze all the cards and 2. I want to see what you and mcpot can come up with w/o me giving a winning hand away. Is there a winning hand with her? You better believe it. Go back, and look at those cards, all of them, and come up with something. Ill give a little advice on what I think needs to happen. 1. Utilize the exp!! You think just because you get a three or 4 or 5 dice bonus all of a sudden exp becomes worthless and cards like rukmin (if you used that) have no value? Better think again. Why not cash in on some of it using cards like decline every once in a while to buff your defense even more? You can never have enough exp! 2. Look at all possible combinations. Who says using rukmin leaves you with just 1 attack? What ever happened to using a 5/2/1 combo? Don't doubt the slow and steady approach..

Quote Originally Posted by New_Mcpot View Post
    Man Lady Nadia how boring. You need to learn to bring more heart into the game. I could point out a bunch of flaws in cranberry's deck but Viviana can't use Delsaber's shield so I'll bit my tongue.
    What happened here is I got a bit off topic. The Delsaber one is my Sil'fer deck. Not a Viviana deck. Sorry if I caused any confusion there. I wasn't suggesting Delsaber set for Viviana, I just had gotten off topic and was talking about a different deck I use. I didn't meant to ignore your post - I apologize for that.

Now then TP Growth. You mentioned that you use shields, and that's a wise decision if you want to go with TP Growth. TP Growth doesn't directly work with her ability, but it indirectly does. To make the most of TP Growth you need to destroy things with that weapon. That gains you EX in the process. You'll basically be using a TP Growth deck the same way you would with Ino'lis or Glustar. Viviana will just gain more TP when you get dice bonuses. If you are facing an opponent that uses a lot of low cost items, this can be a real advantage. Now, online mode has been dead since 2007 so unless you're having a bunch of friends come over and play regularly with you in offline mode, there's probably no reason to worry about online mode strategies much today.

One card with an interestng ability is Twinkle Star. It has AP/TP swap. It starts with 4 TP and 1 AP, and that will swap every time you attack with it. It's a 4 cost card so you could combine it with Mahu and a shield. This gives you a bit of flexability in managing TP growth. You could use Twinkle Star for either a strong or weak hit, and then use the Mahu for the finishing blow to gain the TP. It also gives Viviana a physical attack she can use. A +4 AP Physical attack followed by a tech attack from the Mahu all protected behind a humble Barrier is a reasonable setup, especially against the low cost decks some of the COMs use. Even though Twinkle Star itself doesn't have TP Growth, it can still help support a card with TP growth. And with 9 HP it should be durable enough to stick around a while.

There's a lot of ways you could go. TP Growth is a tactic that any force can use. Viviana will most benefit from it indirectly from the EX you get from destroying cards to gain the TP.

Just remember that to make the most out of Viviana, she needs to get EX. There are a few assist cards that can help with this. Dice Fever and Charity are good examples. It will guarentee that everyone rolls a 5 for as long as the card is out. And Dice Fever also helps you always have a good roll for casting one or more techs as well. Even COMs sometimes cover up your assist cards so don't totally count on this combo, but it's very nice while you have it going.

Decline is a nice defense card for Viviana. Although it can be tough to give up hard won EX, all that EX can be used to save a huge chunk of your HP through Decline. Don't underestimate Decline - it can really save your life.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by Cranberry; Jun 13, 2011 at 06:10 PM.

Thanks for the Message Cranberry you are generally helpful you give more detail and better illustrate your ideals than Deadbeard does. With my Tp growth deck I tend to use Mahu as well as Elyison so a barrier would fit perfectly. I usually use soul barriers(in case I get 2 mahus) and God Shield Gembu because it's one of the best shield in the offline game. As a good weapon alternative to the tp growth strategy is Windmill since I do Scandle 3 a lot and Godshield Gembu becomes a constant annoyance. An item I have thought about is the battle somthing(thing with hp halver) Sometimes it's difficult to get in close and rampage really hurts but goes great comboed with Soul barrier. I've had issues with God Sheild gembu before though, maybe I should use lesser shields.

Also in a different deck dedicated more to exp that I use is a deck with stuff like Rukmin and and 3 cost wands. Also is it wrong that I use Ancient Saber? It's got very high ap and has snatch if it somehow get through undefended. I would also combine Chao+ and Muscular but in retrospect that may not be the best ideal, it's just they are so cute. I would also put in mags to gain a bigger advantage from muscular.

Ancient Saber is a strong saber that has decent TP and surprisingly high AP. But one thing you need to know about Snatch is it only works if your opponent has EX to steal. Generally that's going to mean that they are going to have to destroy some of your own cards first.

I think you'd get the most out of Ancient Saber if you used it later in the battle rather than putting it on initially. I also am not sure if it only gains EX from physical attacks or if techs work too. It's not a card I've tested out much. It's not a bad card, but to make the most of it try to put it on later rather than earlier so that you can utalize it's ability better.

Battle Maiden of Ragol Lady Nadia's Avatar

im not even gonna comment on these last few remarks, ive more than said my peace i will apologize tho for turning this around and puttin in all the bad stuff and nuthin good so. i wont deny i turned this around so im done here and im sorry for going off course. but as far is puttin in thots of a good deck i just cant cuz its not a matter of making sumthin out of what u got to work with. its a matter of making sumthin out of nuthin to work with. which isnt possible. white flag is up! lol. and yes i stated several weaknesses to cranberries deck already but just the sheer defense setup and causing ur opponents to completely ignore 1 target is the part of this strat i like. we use to work around a demolition comet strat that was quite similar in this regard it worked out quite beautifully. nehow.. gl with ur vivi strats im sorry but i cant help u here. and again i apologize for startin a bash thread in a help thread. i was wrong in doing so. and btw i never said rukmin leaves u with 1 attack mcpot mentioned mahu and mahu is a 3 coster thats what the 1 wep discussion was about. i think i can actually contribute 1 thing to this whole scheme for starters neways. i thot of it while replying to mc pots mag n shield post. i looked thru the posts in this thread and i was surprised to see that grants was not mentioned, regardless of ur xp dice bonus gain setup i definitely see at least 1 grants being a necessity in her offense, especially with its range and its damage potential after gaining a few dice bonus. i especially see grants being absolutely devestating in team play especially if ur playing with a partner using 2 summit moons since theyd give u a huge boost to your viviana's tp directly. even tho grants dmg potential is lower in solo so is the def available in solo so it balances out. a must have in any vivi deck id say. maybe il lower that white flag for now n quit being a sour puss n c what else i can think up. a ray of hope maybe? just maybe? also id like to comment on decline, i definitely agree with this 1 y not put some of that hard earned xp into defense especially later in the match if its coming down to the nitty gritty and u got lotsa xp to burn n needs to keeps ur weps alive so i definitely agree with this card being in play as well. im still working on it but i definitely see rukmin being a must. chao+ tho... hmm.. i can honestly say im not a huge fan of this 1 atm. heartless monster... i like the sound of that!!! il take that as a compliment!!! o and b4 u makes any kinda comments... no, my opinion of vivi in solo has not changed in the least.... i just decided to try n blurt out some helpful info rather than continue bashing her to death.
    Last edited by Lady Nadia; Jun 14, 2011 at 07:45 PM.
    Ep3 - Nadia 381 Hunewearl, W-4782 L-191, King 32.
    Ep1&2 - Rika 200 Hunewearl, Sophia 200 Racaseal.
    BB - Nei Chan 200 Hunewearl.

You mentioned you can't make soemthing out of nothing witch is untrue, granted I'm nit picking but even without any abilities she's got 1 ap and tp and the ability to use weapons hunters and rangers can't use. Also about Grantz, sure that would be a nice technique to add especially if you use mags like rukmin but most people don't have that card since it's so rare, or at least I don't. :c And about decline, I don't think that's a good card to use since you'll probably be wanting to use that card when you have 2 or 3 dicebonus right? At that point your defense roll will be at the minimum 3 or 4 so I think there's better def cards to use that won't bring you further away from your next power up. Ransom on the other hand could give you some nice utility, especially if your partner is an ark and they need some protection.

EP3 C.A.R.D. Battle King Deadbeard's Avatar

What the H***, did I just wake up in the twilight zone? At first I wasn't even gonna cmment on this, but this lack of ability to think before we write is starting to pain me. Who said ANYTHING about basing your entire defense scheme off decline? Just putting one in the deck would suffice, and you would only use it when absolutely necessary and warrants the exp loss. Better def cards? Decline is a guaranteed block of all damage towards you for both techs and physical. There is no such other cards out there other than the standard gaurd cards, and those are about as situational as they come and won't protect mags..or your sc at that. We already stated before after a while, cards like rukmin lose value because the exp isn't as important later, and I offered a rational, reasonable method to put some of it to good use. If you have not ran into a situation where you wish you would have had a decline card handy to forfeit some of that exp in order to stay alive, or keep a valuable weapon from getting destroyed, you're fooling yourself. Anyway I'm done here for now. Decline is a perfectly good card to have handy, just don't fool yourself trying to rely solely on it.

I think I'm somewhere around level 120. Also I don't agree that exp becomes unimportant just because you got a few dice bonuses. TP is TP. If you level from 3 to 4 your tp goes from 5 to 7 and I don't know about you but that's pretty useful to have. I may be alone in this but I beleive tp power weapons help vivi a alot if you can increase you exp. I've been trying out a deck with rukmin and I've grown fond of using it with the Rabbit wand. Not only it cute but it wacks quite a smackin. Now I'm sorry if I'm repeating something but I don't like Decline because you lose attack power. I mean say you get hit for 10 and use decline, in solo you almost lose an entire dice bonus. I just think this def AC is better with other characters. I mean for 1 Def more you could use resist witch is easy to get with a dice bonus of 2 or 3.
    Also I think it's unfair for you to say I lack the ability to think before I write. I think the words I claim to conveyed my thoughts and opinions of this card.

GTFO MAI ENTERNET BITCH! akiraomega's Avatar
    Waiting for Sega of America to come out of their office so I can beat them down.

3x Rumkin
    3x Shifta Merge
    2x Brave Hammer
    1x Vayu
    2x Megid
    1x Gibarta
    2x Rabarta
    1x Gizonde
    1x Razonde
    2x Dodge
    2x Wall
    3x Fix