Default Which book should I read next?

So I find myself half-way through The Brothers Karamazov (loving it so far, especially Ivan's Grand Inquisitor speech), and I'm wondering which book I should pick up after this. I'm switching between the hardback book and the digital NDS "100 Great Books" version, and while checking out the other books on it, I saw Tolstoy's "Anna Karenina" - which looked interesting. Should I read that next, or is there another work on that collection (linked above) you'd recommend more? (Utopia also looked good, and I've already decided to read it at some point)

Otherwise, there's a few other books I wouldn't mind checking out.

Darwin Among the Machines, either the Samuel Butler original or George Dyson's expansion on Butler's ideas. (Sort of leaning towards the latter since it's more applicable to today's level of technology, but would love to read the original as well)

The World is Flat, by Thomas Friedman. This one seems to be often quoted and it's arguments seem to underlay a lot of the arguments and opinions concerning globalization, non-zero-sum exchanges, and the ability for information technology to transcend previous resource & geographical barriers - blurring or circumventing previously established restrictions when transcending social/wage classes over the last century. It appears to be rather influential and controversial, and worth the time to check it out.

The Quark and the Jaguar By Murray Gell-Mann or Quantum Gods by Victor Stenger. Both authors are distinguished physicists (Gell-Mann won the Nobel Prize for helping to discover the quark), and both books deal with Chaos Theory, Quantum Mechanics, and dispelling the "Quantum Flapdoodle" (Gell-Mann's term) of new age spiritualists.

Which do you think I should read next?
    Last edited by Sinue_v2; Jul 31, 2010 at 06:06 PM.

Feed men, and then ask of them virtue!

I just read House of Leaves by Mark Danielewski. Great horror/thriller book, really avant-garde, ergodicaly structured fare. Not the most well written book out there, but I still highly recommend it. I'd link the title to the wiki if I knew how, but I don't, so: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_of_Leaves

Hucast w/no breakfast kevlar_pso's Avatar

Fahrenheit 451. I read it for the 1st time since high school. Totally different experience this time around.

One of the physics books, especially since you're just finishing up a work of fiction. Keep your mind on its toes!

I haven't read Anna Karenina, but my girlfriend's a big fan of it. Other than that, I've been reading a lot of short fiction recently, so I don't have the most relevant recommendations at the moment.

The belgariad is a really great fantasy series with some humor, made by David Eddings

The books are: Pawn of Prophecy, Queen of Sorcery, Magicians Gambit, Castle of Wizardy, and Enchanters Endgame. but don't let the titles fool you, there not just some Harry Potter thing, Wizardy is just one among many things in these books.

And i never read them, but the next series with mostly the same characters is the Mallorean.