Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Default Will and Becca's Cosplay!

Why, hello there, PS-series lovers.

I'm Will Nonheim. You may remember me from such games as PSU US PC/PS2! Or if you've got a really good, long-term memory, PSU X360.
    Many months ago, I made a thread requesting for artwork of the Tiga Ragan, since it's... Kind of hard to find any. My purpose was to create a prop of the weapon.

http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/2320/raganfinal.jpg

And so it was made, alongside an Ethan Waber cosplay for me, and a Karen Erra cosplay for Becca-An's player!

I'll post pictures of those at a later date; I do have some of me, but the wig hasn't been styled properly yet, so I only have the outfit, thus far. And I would like Becca's okay on posting her pictures before I do so.

The Tiga Ragan prop is made of wood, painted with acrylics and varnished. A number of details were painted on rather than being carved into the wooden surface. The blade was made from a long sheet of plastic; no coloring attempts were made as I intend to, at a later date, open the weapon up again, hollow out some of the insides and install a LED system to allow the blade to light up.
    Insert signature that details my numerous PSO2 characters and years of various PSO-related gaming experience here.

It turned out great!
    I always love 3D art / props like this. It's one thing to draw it, and totally another to have to figure out how to fashion it out of IRL stuff. Adding an authentic looking weapon to a cosplay can really make it that much greater.

Having a light up blade will be even better! Post pics for sure, when you do. You might also consider that new wire they came out with...it comes in all colors and also the whole length of it glows. Glowwire or something, it is called. So it isn't like individual LEDs.

Crazy Awesome Old Potato Man Guy HAYABUSA-FMW-'s Avatar

ALT + 4 Ethan Emote required in pic!

*snub the nose*

Hope you get SEGA attending an event near you to (get free swag &) end up in that RubyEclipse blog for SEGA, and specifically here, PStar cosplay. Its rare, so it'll definitely be shown off.

Nice work there - that turned out great.

What kind of plastic, out of curiosity?
    Brings back some memories..
    I made swords for my younger brothers years ago (for Ren-Fair costumes) out of similar materials (they were too young for actual prop swords at the time).

Oh my gosh, we forgot to update this thread with the costumes! D:

They both needed a little more work, but I was badly jetlagged at the start of the convention and couldn't help with any details. It's also why I look like death warmed up in most of the photographs. *lol*

More can be found here https://picasaweb.google.com/Jonboy2312/Otakuthon2010# and here http://s71.photobucket.com/albums/i1...kuthon%202010/ !

If the pictures are too big, i can just link them instead. Sadly will's Tiga Ragan was broken by another person attending the con, so we have no photographs of him in costume with it. :/ He's going to fix it as soon as he has the chance.

You guys display great character, very cute Karen n__n Nice job on outfits and weapons! Tiga Ragan looks nice, but I would have liked to see you guys shooting each other with red handguns x3

wow, great job on both the Ethan and Karen's outfits.

EDIT: lol, me and Mimo-chin post @ the same time.

++++++----------"." Xe's Sanctuary 09/28/2016----------- Youtube's profile "."----------++++++
    wallies edited: 4500_|_G.O.L.D.E.N_|_sigs created: 1055

Thankyou! We had a lot of help from Will's mum in the clothing design and making (she owns a sewing machine. )

The gun there I yoinked from my friend the stormtrooper for the photos as due to time contraints we were unable to make any more props. The photos here are a little random as we didn't really have any poses planned, but some time this year we'll get some better quality ones! WITH PROPS! I plan to make me a Pete, and possibly some twin crea daggers.

Now if only this were at Comic Con. Hm hm.

If you can afford to fly us from canada and pay for our food and lodgings, sure! ;p