Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ChibiBecca View Post
    If you can afford to fly us from canada and pay for our food and lodgings, sure! ;p
    I dunno what a backstage pass can do to be honest. And i doubt my sisters boyfriend is going to give it up that easily. And i was referencing to how many people would actually get were this cosplay is from since there liek millions of people in comic-con. Know what im sayn?

Possibly, but I wouldn't expect many to know of PSU, it's not like it's been very advertised.

I kinda wish my Tiga Ragan hadn't been broken in the first half hour of the convention by some idiot in a hurry to buy anime goods. The repairing process won't be too hard, I just need to make a new blade (the handle was the hardest part, and as it's made of wood it's fairly idiot-proof.) but while I'm at it I should probably hollow the wooden sections to cram in colored LEDs... To light up the blade.

And I need a quality wig; I used something kind of cheap and it made the hair look more... Austin Powers-y than Derpderp Waber-y.

Thanks for the comments. I totally forgot to post these, my bad. XD;;
    Insert signature that details my numerous PSO2 characters and years of various PSO-related gaming experience here.

Quote Originally Posted by ChibiBecca View Post
    Possibly, but I wouldn't expect many to know of PSU, it's not like it's been very advertised.
    True...

Quote Originally Posted by Will_Nonheim View Post
    I kinda wish my Tiga Ragan hadn't been broken in the first half hour of the convention by some idiot in a hurry to buy anime goods. The repairing process won't be too hard, I just need to make a new blade (the handle was the hardest part, and as it's made of wood it's fairly idiot-proof.) but while I'm at it I should probably hollow the wooden sections to cram in colored LEDs... To light up the blade.

And I need a quality wig; I used something kind of cheap and it made the hair look more... Austin Powers-y than Derpderp Waber-y.
    Oh that must suck that its broken! And that LCD part does sound pretty sick. What color? Green? And the wig didn't seem Austin Powers-y to me. Unless you feel groovy when you wear it. Then i guess you could say that.

Wow, your Cosplays are truly amazing! *__* Mimo's so right, the Karen is so cute! xD Sad that Tiga Ragan broke though. D: Were the cosplays really really hard to make with all the details? (If I can ask. xD )

Main Twitter - PSO2/Idola Twitter
    Idola ID - 416,416,656

There was a lot of sewing and planning to do, and we were seriously lucky to have Will's mum and her experiance with a sewing machine.
    We didn't plan ahead on some details (some bits were going to be dyed with writing details before being sewn up, but my french sucks and so she didn't realise that I wanted to dye it BEFORE and not after. ) so there's a lot of fine detail to do like the red and pink pattern on Karen's collar.
    We couldn't replicate the glow in the dark parts of the clothing exactly (I got some paint, but it made cloth stiff and dull) so we chose shiny satin material to try to mimic the glow.

Bit of the clothing were random things like buttons with cloth sewn over them, candy containers for the round parts on my hips and those metal things you get in plastic organisers for the details on Will's costume.

The main plan for the costumes was for them to be machine washable and comfortable. All the non-washable bits are attached by those little popping clips, so they can be easily removed. A bloomin' good idea when these things are to be worn in a warm convention for several days!

I didn't really think ahead with my shoes, although I was very lucky to find ones in pretty much the right shape!, as I coated them in several layers of acrylic paint mixed with fabric meduim. My feet couldn't breathe, so I got pretty hot wearing them. You may notice my wearing blue ankle socks, it's because the shoes were a little too big for me. Next time I'll invest in some black ankle socks. Details, details~

So yeah, it took ages to make and we couldn't have made it to this detail without his mum's help. Although next time I'd like to make something more myself, as we couldn't enter any competitions as we hadn't made it 80% ourselves like most conventions demand.

Next step, LOTS OF PROPS!

NEEDS MOAR HYUGA

No but seriously that's good work. It's rare to see a Phantasy Star related one so it super awesome that you guys did that. Poor poor Tiga Ragan ; ~;

Wow, those were truly awesome. Nice work.

Quote Originally Posted by Ami View Post
    NEEDS MOAR HYUGA

No but seriously that's good work. It's rare to see a Phantasy Star related one so it super awesome that you guys did that. Poor poor Tiga Ragan ; ~;
    Well, I can promise that our next set of pictures will (...as far as I'm planning, anyway) involve my prop all fixed up.
    Also, unlike Karen/ChibiBecca here, my cosplay was (save for the wig) complete. My shoes had all expected details on, the outfit was as close as we could make it be while being... plausible and realistic.

Indeed, much kudos to ...my mom, for her work on this. I feel weird giving her credit for something like this, but-- she did it, based on our input. So it's her work, worn by us.

And it's hot.
    Anyone know of a winter convention where me and Becca could cosplay located in Montréal? :P
    Insert signature that details my numerous PSO2 characters and years of various PSO-related gaming experience here.

Sorry to bump up an old topic, but we'll be cosplaying again in two weeks at the same convention and I thought some of you would be interested in the prop a good friend is making for me out of card and fiberglass. We found a LED torch for the glowing part!

It's a Shigga Damud as Karen often held one in cutscenes early on in PSU. I'll be doing the finishing and painting for this.