Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Idea on how to bring Guaranteed grinding to US servers

For the record I'm not against Guardians Cash. I wish we had it here, but since the majority of people don't wan't to pay extra for this game, I accept the fact that maybe is not a good idea for our servers. Also I thought in posting this in the Sega forums but I guess PSO-world is as good as any place, since I don't think Sega read their forums much anyway.

My idea involves in adding a new type of grinder that will drop only(Just like PSO) and cannot be synthesized. Of course when I say "drop" it also means that could be available at lotteries and/or mission rewards. The current grinding system should stay in place without change(synthing and grinding, even with the fails ). So if you choose to grind the weapon that way(current system)you can't use the new type of grinders. Likewise if you choose the new grinding way(My idea) you can't finish grinding with the old type of grinders. An EX graphic next to the x/10 on your weapon description would differentiate the guaranteed grinded weapon to non guaranteed.

For example let's call the new grinders "grinder s+1 EX". There will be of course c, b, a and s grinders EX and they will go up to +10. In order to use these guranteed grinders you have to match the # of the grinder to the # of the spot you want to grind. For example if you want to grind an s rank weapon to +1, you have to use a grinder s+1 EX. If you want to grind to +2 then you have to use a +2 grinder. You could guaranteed grinding to +8 this way if you can find the correct grinders for each x/10 position. Now if you use a +1 Ex on the the 2/10 position it doesn't mean it won't grind, but since it's not guranteed it could still fail. The higher u would go in the x/10 position the harder it would be to grind succesfully with a lower position grinder. For example lets say that you could have a 75% chance of succesfully grind the 2/10 position with a grinder s+1 EX. But in the 8/10 position in order to succed with a grinder s+7 EX you would have only maybe a 40% chance. In the case of the grinding failing, the weapon would return to 0/10(Come on Sega, breaking wepons and losing a + spot is heartbreaking), and can only be regrinded using EX grinders since it has already been branded as a 0/10 EX weapon. So in summary the guaranteed grinding wil work up to 8/10 if you match # to # with the grinders and the spot(0/10) of grinding. The new grinders called EX would drop at different missions of different difficulties. This would put us even square with the japan servers Guardian Cash guaranteed grinding.

Now for tha last 2 positions(9/10 & 10/10) we still need to keep the integrity of the game intact, so I say that these 2 grinders woulb be a harder to find drops, with the grinder s+10 EX being one of those uber rares. Furthermore, grinding these 2 last positions should be impossible to grind with anything lower than the matching #, and should have a small % of fail also, with higher % of fail for the 10/10 than the 9/10. Also the higher the rank of the weapon(c-s) the higher the fail %. But fear not since these are hard find drops Sega would understand(hopefully ) the reason of why you shouldn't lose a spot for your grinders(x/10). The weaponn would go back to 0/10 and you would start over, but with the benefit of not breaking your weapon.

I know this system is not perfect but i'm just brainstorming ideas of how Guaranteed Grinding could work in our servers. Pro's of this idea is obviously that you'll be able to grind without fear of breaking your weapon, and 40 brand new items would be added to the drop list. Con's are that grinding to +10 would be hard, not that is easy right now .

So what do you guys think? Any of you know anybody in Sega? If so please forward this idea to them. Sorry for the long post.

Quote Originally Posted by Orosan View Post
    Fbut since the majority of people don't wan't to pay extra for this game
    Vocal minority I would say. The only public poll conducted was in favour of GC due to us then knowing we would at least get the content.

The easiest way is to just implement the entire GC system, with one change - allow people to buy GC with meseta.

Bam - done, nothing else needs to change.

I don't think Sega will do this. They want money, like every other company wants, they aren't stupid. There's no reason to give you guys a GC System which changed RL Cash to Meseta.
    Since GC is an optional thing you have to pay for, and what we on JP pay for if we want to use it, they won't release it as a buy-gc-with-meseta-system; in my eyes this is nonsense.

Main Characters:
    Karen Erra FI/ET 95 • Myuria PH 95 • Lady Harken BR/ET 95
    Raya GU/ET 95 • Anyusha Iljin LU 95 • 鈴来アイカ SU/PH 95
    ディスコルディア・「χ」ET 95 • Melody HR 95 • and more

Quote Originally Posted by bloodflowers View Post
    The easiest way is to just implement the entire GC system, with one change - allow people to buy GC with meseta.
    Or AMPs, APs, or hell, even PA Frags (a lot, of course). Any kind of in-game currency types.

Quote Originally Posted by Karen Erra View Post
    I don't think Sega will do this. They want money, like every other company wants, they aren't stupid. There's no reason to give you guys a GC System which changed RL Cash to Meseta.
    Since GC is an optional thing you have to pay for, and what we on JP pay for if we want to use it, they won't release it as a buy-gc-with-meseta-system; in my eyes this is nonsense.
    They've already rejected the money.

This leaves either:
    1) Not getting the content at all
    2) Dropping items in missions/events
    3) GC purchase with in-game assets.

I repeat - they've already ruled out taking extra money.

Don't you think that would be too easy?

Grinding safely to +8, making weaps and shields to 40%, change element, get Gacha clothes and receive coupons for hairstyles; don't you think that would be too easy if all that is available with an ingame currency?
    It's an exclusive content, only those should get, who are up to pay for it with MORE than ingame currency. That's what it is on JP.

Why should they make you a gift and giving it for free, where the japanese ones (including myself) have to pay for?

Thats weird...

edit @bloodflowers:

Sure i know they cant implement it like that. But they can give you the content like items. But giving all the stuff i wrote above for free, I think that's expected a bit too much.

Main Characters:
    Karen Erra FI/ET 95 • Myuria PH 95 • Lady Harken BR/ET 95
    Raya GU/ET 95 • Anyusha Iljin LU 95 • 鈴来アイカ SU/PH 95
    ディスコルディア・「χ」ET 95 • Melody HR 95 • and more

I remember GM Edward mentioned(In the Sega PSU forum) that they were looking into ways of how to bring Guardians Cash content into Us servers for free. Of course I'm sure that they won't be able to bring everything for free, but i think guaranteed grinding was one of the things they want to bring over. Like I said before I have no problem with paying for the content. Maybe because I have a good job(I'm a Dentist in MD) I have no complains about it, but not everybody is a fortunate as me. Also some players might not have a job at all(I know my son doesn't work, that's why I paid for his Guardian'n License too), and would depend on other people for the money to get the content.

Definetely I agree that the whole content for free is unfair to Sega, since they released this content for the sole purpose of making more money(Good for Business). Now if they can bring some of this content for us, maybe it will bring more paying customers into the game(hopefully). That would make good business for Sega.

Quote Originally Posted by Karen Erra View Post
    Don't you think that would be too easy?
    There are plenty of long, drawn out and tedious things for people to do if they want a 'challenge'. (Sadly none of them are S6s with actually dangerous enemies).

Quote Originally Posted by Karen Erra
    Grinding safely to +8, making weaps and shields to 40%, change element, get Gacha clothes and receive coupons for hairstyles; don't you think that would be too easy if all that is available with an ingame currency?
    It's an exclusive content, only those should get, who are up to pay for it with MORE than ingame currency. That's what it is on JP.
    Why should it be difficult? Clothes should all be in the shop where they belong, for example. Weapons should be drops, which make missions actually worth running.

Quote Originally Posted by Karen Erra
    Why should they make you a gift and giving it for free, where the japanese ones (including myself) have to pay for?
    I don't know, maybe to make up for the lamentable level of support we've had, the client that runs like an ant in treacle whenever it draws too much, and a 15 month content delay?

Personally, I consider making GC meseta purchasable to be a worse position than Japan - I'd actually rather just pay real money and have the content. Getting meseta is hard, it takes effort. Getting money is just something that happens because I have to go to work anyway, it doesn't take any extra effort or any extra time.

xbox 360 PSU ftw.

Is it true that japan does not pay a $10 every month?

If so then they are right not to take the extra money. that would be poor business in the extreme.

Guranteed grinding would totally destroy the existing value system in PSU. Think about any high grind weapon you have paid real meseta for. Think about all the weapons in all thge shops that are 7/7 or lower. Those immediately get de valued.

I would favor the original posters suggestion as rarity of the drops could be controlled and not get out of control.
    s+1EX through S+3 or +4 EX could be common, but after that the rarity would ahve to ramp up significantly. that would create an economy around the EX grinders, and thus preserve the value of 7/& and lower weapons

Quote Originally Posted by SolomonGrundy View Post
    Is it true that japan does not pay a $10 every month?
    it costs 1050円 to pay for a Guardian's License...if you convert that to current exchange in USD its $12.20 (though i only used an online currency converter to do this.)