Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MF TECHNIC's

Quote Originally Posted by SolomonGrundy View Post
    Vs a single target, Foie or diga outdamage it. Vs multiple enemies in a line, Barta's damage mod is so poor that in most cases you would be better off using Zonde, or Megids. Freeze level 3 at 41+? The only time I use barta is when is needs to go up a slope with a tech.
    Good points, but I tend not to like Zonde just because its animation is deceptive: it seems to pass right by enemies that it looks like it should have hit.

ya i guess with damdiga and damfoie if you're that close you might as well use gidiga or gifoie?

Gi-techs are supposedly the best now due to having SE level 5 at 41, but they can cause slowdown on an unfair scale, even just displaying the 21 graphics. Gizonde is especially guilty, which is a shame because some people really adore the dome of awesome that it produces at 31+.

If you're focusing on levelling techs, it's best to focus on the ones you'll be using most. If it's not useful now, chances are it won't be useful later either. A super streamlined MF can get away with using just limit break Diga & Foie, with some Megid thrown in to mix it up against robots, Nosdiga for the stun effect against things like Kagajibari, Regrant for Magashi & the boxing ring part of Max Attack, and Gibarta for close quarters crowd control. If this sounds boring to you, then be prepared to take a long time levelling a wide range of spells to a competitive level.

For rods, always have the element match-up. You don't have to use the other spells, or even have them levelled, just having them attached makes your rod better for the spell you DO use. For tech mags, try to do the same, but 4% isn't a massive loss to sacrifice compared to the 12% for rods. For wands, I tend to stick resta (even lv 10 in close quarters is a nice handy helper for meatshields...) and either reverser or regrant. Usually regrant for a handy GTFO button, it hurts a LOT less now.

Use rod when casting time isn't an issue, but power is... nosdiga, noszonde, dam-technics.
    Tech-mag where number of spells is better than raw damage per cast, simple, Gi & Ra-techs.

xbox 360 PSU ftw.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAstarion View Post
    Gi-techs are supposedly the best now due to having SE level 5 at 41, but they can cause slowdown on an unfair scale, even just displaying the 21 graphics. Gizonde is especially guilty, which is a shame because some people really adore the dome of awesome that it produces at 31+.

If you're focusing on levelling techs, it's best to focus on the ones you'll be using most. If it's not useful now, chances are it won't be useful later either. A super streamlined MF can get away with using just limit break Diga & Foie, with some Megid thrown in to mix it up against robots, Nosdiga for the stun effect against things like Kagajibari, Regrant for Magashi & the boxing ring part of Max Attack, and Gibarta for close quarters crowd control. If this sounds boring to you, then be prepared to take a long time levelling a wide range of spells to a competitive level.

For rods, always have the element match-up. You don't have to use the other spells, or even have them levelled, just having them attached makes your rod better for the spell you DO use. For tech mags, try to do the same, but 4% isn't a massive loss to sacrifice compared to the 12% for rods. For wands, I tend to stick resta (even lv 10 in close quarters is a nice handy helper for meatshields...) and either reverser or regrant. Usually regrant for a handy GTFO button, it hurts a LOT less now.

Use rod when casting time isn't an issue, but power is... nosdiga, noszonde, dam-technics.
    Tech-mag where number of spells is better than raw damage per cast, simple, Gi & Ra-techs.
    So great advice here. I'd like to share some examples:

TCSM/Shadoogs - megids - whether it be white beast, holy ground/R or sleeping warriors: the incapacitate is doing some of your work, so it's more important to have the highest cast rate possible. for the other button you can have resta, or another attach tech...it's up to you.

on the flip side

Rod - Damtechs - Dam techs have a low damage modifier, but hit a high number of tragets AND allow you to just hold the button down to deal damage over and over. Pretty much the ideal case for Rods (higher TP, higher element, casting time less of a factor).

what perplexes me is wands...the only time I can using them is when you want 4% element, a slightly faster cast time, and still have a TCSM/shagood on hand for a quick resta or some such. they have a much better place with WT/AT/GT (hybrids), who might want to use a ranged weapon (especially a TCSM).

Regrant is SO GOOD vs dark enemies - who always have a few too many special abilities.... It was my second tech to cap. This is even when it hit you back pretty hard. I'd go rod on this one though, since you can have resta right there...
    Last edited by SolomonGrundy; Aug 25, 2010 at 06:48 PM.

great advice from everyone, thanks. its givin me a lot to think about.
    as for regrant, it seems like it should only be used when you can corner all the enemies otherwise you're just annoying ppl by spreading them all around

xbox 360 PSU ftw.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkshadow1988 View Post
    great advice from everyone, thanks. its givin me a lot to think about.
    as for regrant, it seems like it should only be used when you can corner all the enemies otherwise you're just annoying ppl by spreading them all around
    au contraire, mon frere...

there are plenty of enemies that do not get kncoked back at all...delicious

ahh true, i totally forgot about those. good call, i stand corrected

I would not say plenty but there are a couple not including bosses/mini bosses.

xbox 360 PSU ftw.

jusgun
    Carriguine
    Delnadian
    Delp Slami
    Dilnazen
    Orcdillan
    SEED-Ardite
    SEED-Argine
    SEED-Magashi
    SEED-Vance
    SEED-Venas