Page 18 of 391 FirstFirst ... 8151617181920212868118 ... LastLast

We probably should rename this thread since we know the official name now. Or at least create an official thread for it.
    Remembering the Universe. Click below!

I'd love to know how Olga Flow shows up. Considering his background in PSO, I have no idea how they'll mash him into the story (aside from the obvious 'randomly pick another story character to get rid of'- Hyuga suddenly looking promising).

So, 'Rebirth' lets you level from 1 to 200 again? No, that sounds like a terrible idea. It takes long enough to reach Lv200 as is- why would I do it all again just for some boosts? Eh, I'll wait for more details.

I'm more interested in the PSO2.jp domain renewal.

HUnewearl power since 2003. NGS Official Creator (SectionSkyly)

Quote Originally Posted by Lolitron View Post
    It looks like the Chaining system is gone (?) since none of the pics have chains.

This is good news since the Chaining system is more irritating than anything else.
    I hope it's not.

Unless there's some new, better implemented system that doesn't revolve around simple PA spam then that would be fairly disappointing.

As much as a hate to admit it, Phantasy Star Portable 2 Infinty sounds freaking impressive. It's a pity that Sega announced this upadte when they did cause now I'm going to be thinking of this game when PSP2 goes on sale in Europe in September, it's a bit of buzz kill especially when I waited almost a whole entire year for sega to make an Internation port.

Quote Originally Posted by Miyoko View Post
    Rebirth sounds like really, really, really horrible idea for this genre of game.

You make it seem like getting to Lv. 200 is an easy thing. It's going to take a while even for the most die hard Phantasy Star gamer. Only the super die hard hardcore gamers will accomplish this feat and even then they will only be able to rebirth 1 or twice before the gameplay becomes soo repetetive that they will never touch an Phantasy Star Portable 2 Infinty ever again.

Not to be a Debby Downer or anything, but I just find it suspiciously ironic how Sega announces this game right before the release of PSPo2 outside of Japan that everyone's been anxiously waiting for since last year. Granted, I think it looks and sounds cool (I like the new race and the rebirth system), but as with all game announcements, it's not fair to judge it until it's actually out and available for people to play. Hey, it may be awesome, it may suck, who knows... but personally, I'm tired of seeing new HANDHELD Phantasy Star games, especially when they're more or less remakes or sequels of PSO or PSU. Granted, if I wasn't broke and had a PSP, I'd definitely check into this and PSPo2 when they're out in the US, but I want to see a NON-handheld game, preferably on PS3 or PC.

This domain renewal thing intrigues me as well... man, I hate being left in suspense on this kind of news, lol. @_@

My FFXIV:ARR Lodestone Page
    3DS Friend Code: 0318-8097-4335
    Currently playing: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, Hearthstone

Quote Originally Posted by SubstanceD View Post

You make it seem like getting to Lv. 200 is an easy thing. It's going to take a while even for the most die hard Phantasy Star gamer. Only the super die hard hardcore gamers will accomplish this feat and even then they will only be able to rebirth 1 or twice before the gameplay becomes soo repetetive that they will never touch an Phantasy Star Portable 2 Infinty ever again.
    Getting to lvl 200 is an easy thing. And if it isn't an easy thing, it definitely isn't a hard thing by any stretch of the imagination. Magashi Eradication is the main reason.

The character designs also reminded me of the Valuan Empire in Arcadia lol

But I don't understand the story background of those guys... did they just find they had special powers and decided to make a club and dress weird because of that? lol

I'm worried that we might have to pay for online play. A 12 character lobby sounds like it needs to be on a server.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantra View Post
    I'm worried that we might have to pay for online play. A 12 character lobby sounds like it needs to be on a server.
    I sure hope not. Honestly, I wouldn't mind paying for that, though. Hopefully they will continue to use their current method of "online payments" via optional weapon and clothing purchases.
    PSZ : HUnewm Lv85+
    Infinity : Lv128 ; Br28
    -----------------
    Twitter: @Jthreau

Quote Originally Posted by D-Gold View Post
    I want Nagisa's sword
    I want her hairstyle.

....I guess her sword would be nice, too, though.
    Phantasy Star Portable 2 characters:

Kinako-Level 76 Female Human Force
    Koji-Level 64 Male Beast Hunter
    Rinia-Level 15 Female CAST Ranger
    Nova-Level 7 Female Newman Hunter