Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Excalibur or Tsumikiri J-Sword?

With 0'd stats, which would you say is better? Pros and cons

Well, I say Excalibur, even though I don't like it much.
    Pros: Hits up to three targets each attack
    Has Berserk
    Saber-type weapon, so it can attack fast

Cons: ANNOYING sound effect
    HEAVILY farmed, so you'll see it on almost every single character, which gets very annoying if you don't like the sound effect, gold color, etc. etc.

Other than those... I guess you could call them personal cons, as they're not actual cons for the weapon itself... I just don't care much for Excalibur. I can't discredit it, because I do believe it's the better of the two, I just won't use it.

Alright, I got opinions from the private forums too. I pretty much figured it was way better than TJS, plus TJS's special may be awesome, but it's kinda lame.....and it's not as strong or accurate, even though the ATP requirement is really high.

Now where have I seen this thread before? lol.

Anyways, TJS being a sword hits more targets naturally with less actual speed and better crowd control. Excalibur has tons of ATP, hits three targets and has Zerk but offers a lesser degree of spawn control. Imo, Swords in general are more suited towards crowd control while the Excalibur is just a straight-up, situational high-damage dealer when needed (as in, when spawns are paralyzed, frozen or it's a downed-Dragon/DRL).

Yea, honestly I prefer a weapon that can take out crowds (makes me feel all warm and fuzzy seeing them all drop at the same time) so I'm trying to trade my Excal 0/35/35/0 for a TJS.... progress is slow.....

I'd keep both, not one or the other. Hell, I still use my 100/0/0/0/30 Excal with my 100/0/0/100/50 Dark Flow and 100/0/0/100/40 Red Sword.

Either way TJS is a shit sword. SJS has a disgusting drop rate and has to be unsealed into TJS (not even mentioning that when it is unsealed it often doesn't Unseal with the proper kills; it's usually 0-300).

Red Sword is near the DF's/TJS's ATP, and is easily huntable with Hit, can have three percents (allowing you to have Hit and two other sphered percents) and has a "useful" special that takes the form of Seize. Even Chain Sawd is more useful since it can actually be hunted with Hit/have two other percents besides the Hit.

Since Kill Counters take up a percent on a weapon, it permits the weapon to only have two more percents. So TJS is only truly "decent" when it has NO HIT. Which can severely limit it's use on HUcasts, HUmars and HUneys.

Thus Red Sword /w 25+ Hit and Dark Flow /w 50+ Hit are still greater by far than TJS in practicality, hunting length/difficulty and power.

i'd got with TJS, especially if you have a Heavenly of God/Battle (or something with it inbuilt like V101 or BOVN), swords can attack really quickly. plus with it being a sword, it can hit many more targets than Excal can which, considering some of the wave sizes, hitting more than 3 enemies is needed.

though may keep it as SJS due to Unreduced Hell special which would be great in Ep IV but i'm not sure of the ATP difference between SJS/TJS

I don't mean to sound like a n00b, but I guess I am since I've been out of the game for a while. The Dark Flow can't be readily found can it? I thought it was like the Red Ring, only a hackable item. I'm looking for a good weapon for my character, and I saw the discussion for the SJS. I've been laxly grinding for it. Should I not and go for either of the three weapons you mentioned?