Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default I can't see myself buying this game, but...

I was extremely disappointed with PSU and AotI. Although they had nice features (duel weapons, different weapon types in each hand, tons of character customization) I felt it was a pretty bad game compared to Phantasy Star Online.

I adored Phantasy Star Zero to pieces, though.

Do you guys think I would enjoy PSP2, or should I just avoid it?
    Does it include all of the special items like Miku's Leek and the Pizza Hut box, or are they going to be removed like the special items in the NA version of PSzero?

Quote Originally Posted by Bendilin View Post
    Do you guys think I would enjoy PSP2, or should I just avoid it?
    This is just my opinion. I'm not sure if anyone shares this thought. But to me, Phantasy Star Portable 2 is what PSU should have been. It's the true prodigy to Phantasy Star Online. In fact, it's the first Phantasy Star title since PSO Ep.1&2 for Gamecube that has not disappointed me in some massive way. Granted, there are a few insignificant things I find upsetting, but all in all, the game has been, and surely will continue to be, an enjoyable experience to me.

Would I recommend it? Definately. Will you enjoy it? I suppose that depends on the magnitude to which you enjoyed Phantasy Star Online.
    Verdana is a pretty good font.

2X-6 Corsair :: Metal XII :: Unit 12 :: War :: Dozen
    Neyami Red :: Dr. Paul :: Izar Erori :: Brynhildr :: Fenchano

Molesting rappies..... vfloresjr24's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by "En" View Post
    This is just my opinion. I'm not sure if anyone shares this thought. But to me, Phantasy Star Portable 2 is what PSU should have been. It's the true prodigy to Phantasy Star Online. In fact, it's the first Phantasy Star title since PSO Ep.1&2 for Gamecube that has not disappointed me in some massive way. Granted, there are a few insignificant things I find upsetting, but all in all, the game has been, and surely will continue to be, an enjoyable experience to me.

Would I recommend it? Definately. Will you enjoy it? I suppose that depends on the magnitude to which you enjoyed Phantasy Star Online.
    I agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by "En" View Post

I also agree 100%.

PSU was very disappointing after about 50 hours. Synthing items and leveling up PA's became a big choir. PSPo2 fixes all that and is a lot more like PSO.

Loved the hell out of PSZ too, and I think PSPo2 is better so far (6 hours of demo play)

LOL I have put 15 hours in the demo of PSPo2 and it's freaking so fun!

There pretty much isn't a limit to what you can do. It's not about do the typical combinations. Be original, create your own style, have fun with it. There is a lot to experiment with. I never really played the other Phantasy Stars but this one offers tons of freedom. I think you would enjoy it.

I've put in 65 logged hours into the demo and I'm still having fun. I can only imagine what fun awaits me in the full game.

PSP2 US: D'Ante - Human - Male - Level 150 - [VA 28] [HU 10] [RA 12] [FO 10] - Battle Rank: F - Challenge Rank: Elite
    No matter how hard the challenge or how great the fall this indomitable spirit will always stand tall..
    Titles left: 17 Comp, 7 Collect, 4 Challenge, 8 Battle, 1 Special

The full game is pretty awesome. I mainly only pulled myself away from it because the Western release was coming out and I didn't want to chance a possible burnout from playing too much of it before starting over again in English.

But that's the gist. The game is really back to the whole *customize your character any way you see fit* style many kind of enjoyed back in PSO. The main exception is that you can change classes at any time and with all of your own tweaks to them intact.

In PSO, some of your individual customization came to Mags and such (including armor units), which you could switch to kind of support a different build. In this one, it's setup within the system itself and a new series of custom attributes you can attach along with custom weapon access, units, and such. Respeccing is fun, and while there may be some (strongest builds) the game does allow you to do well with a lot of custom combinations.

To add something to the already quoted post.

My personal thought about the whole PSU franchise is the following:

PSU = Alpha Version
    PSU AotI = Beta Version

PSP:2 = the real game.

As it was already told, PSP:2 is what PSU should have been from the very begging, a PSO2.

Here is a hint to quality if ST is NOT making the game rest assured the game will be great.
    If they are expect a PSU

This was pretty funny:

I've been telling one of my friends, who quit PSU a few years ago, about PSP2 for the past couple months. He said he would get it to play with me, but he doesn't want to go and buy a whole PSP system just for one game.

So, he came over to my house last night. I hooked my PSP up to my TV, and booted up the PSP2 demo. I proceeded to show my friend the new features, enemies, weapons, everything. Not five minutes later, he was on his laptop (he brought it to my house), browsing Amazon for a cheap PSP, raving about how he needs to have PSP2.

I lol'd.
    Last edited by BIG OLAF; Aug 30, 2010 at 04:03 PM.