Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default why we don't get games near the same time as japan?

I dont plan on taking up a whole page to say this so lets get to business.

Is there a actual REASON as to why we stateside don't get phantasy star games near or even at the same time as japan? I KNOW it doesn't take over half a year to translate a game no matter how big. Is SEGA just being, I don't know how to say this with sounding like a whiney brat but, a huge pain?

I love playing Phantasy Star, I love Jet Set Radio and other sega games, but why do I have to wait for months and months for a game that I can understand that they have in japan already? I believe the difference between PS0 in japan and here was like, 8 months, that's a LOT of time.

Does this bug anyone else?

Also, I dont care much for buying it off Play-Asia and such, I want to understand the game, helps with immursion of playing.

SEGA hates America. Everyone knows that.

/thread
    PSP2:
    KBling - Human Male Vanguard lv. 15
    KBling - Newman Male Force

I think the main reason for the typical 6-8 months delay is localization - aka translation, rights, research, production & marketing. If not all of those are satisfied, the game might never make it here.
    Blink & you might miss it! ;3

Oh, keep sig at 600x180 px & 49KB, yah?

Look back at all the sales of previous SEGA systems and they all did horribly in America accept maybe one...SEGA has a grudge on us quite frankly because our country as a whole was part of the reason they had to get out of the game console bussiness so that's something to think about....

Another reason is a game like Phantasy Star has a more mass appeal for JPN because of it's art style and story so maybe SEGA just thinks it is more relatable over their than here...Kind of like most American games get released here first....So everyone gets their share of late games in every country

At least we don't have it as bad as the UK. I always found it funny how the "International Edition" of White Knight Chronicles took a entire month from the US release to come out over there, instead of coming out the same time "internationally".
    Currently playing: Phantasy Star Portable 2, a little bit of Halo Reach,

Quote Originally Posted by Zerothelioneater View Post
    At least we don't have it as bad as the UK. I always found it funny how the "International Edition" of White Knight Chronicles took a entire month from the US release to come out over there, instead of coming out the same time "internationally".
    Thats because of the extra languages they have to translate in the EU version.

It makes me laugh that they do that but still have English in "American" English.

Case in point. What Dhylec says is the truth. We can't expect companies to just pour out the whole game in English when it just beared fruit in their own country. Amongnst that, there are other factors that take place: such as rights, censorship, and ESRB pending. Still, there are certain exceptions though, such as Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess being released in America FIRST, before the Japan.
    Remembering the Universe. Click below!

Quote Originally Posted by WHlTEKNIGHT View Post
    Thats because of the extra languages they have to translate in the EU version.

It makes me laugh that they do that but still have English in "American" English.
    Oh really? Well, not like it matters, cause from what it looks like, neither the US or the UK are gonna be getting the sequel, unless they announce it at this year's TGS.
    Currently playing: Phantasy Star Portable 2, a little bit of Halo Reach,

Y'know, this might be a bit of a large shoot and (probably) miss

But somehow I expect three certain weapons to be in Infinity.

Saber: Black Blade
    Machinegun: ★ Rock Cannon
    Axe (or Sword): Dead Scythe

Anyone see where this is going?

You wanna clarify? What, they're running out of ideas?
    Last edited by Tyreek; Sep 5, 2010 at 05:39 PM.
    Remembering the Universe. Click below!