Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011

Thread: Loli Hater

when you put it that way, i think of Nei, she was i think 4 at the start of PSII, but sure as hell didnt look it

xbox 360 PSU ftw.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinue_v2 View Post
    Ironically, while all of my characters are over 5ft 8", fully developed, and rather utilitarian in dress (they are more the antithesis of loli) - three out of four of my characters are intended to be only five years old or younger. Numans in the classic games matured and died in much shorter time periods due to their role as disposable biosoldiers. CASTs aren't tied to physical bodies, so manufacturing date and mental development can't be gauged by their appearance.

My fourth character is a neudaiz weeaboo (from parum) in his early 20's, and a closet maiden fanatic. He would probably be the kind of person to be obsessed with lolis, and would have all kinds of anime, toy statues, pillows, and other shit for all his favorite loli idols. Maybe that was my way of trying to "get in the head of the loli lovers" and understand or connect what the hell the attraction is, I dunno. Didn't work it seems, but at least he's a decent Protranser.

The only "Loli" character I ever had close to having was a FOnewearl in PSO that lasted for all of about five minutes before I killed her off and made my full sized & busty Melee FOnewearl. Loli FOnewearls just didn't look right anyhow... like what you'd expect if the "Grey Aliens" gave up on the alien/human hybrid and started to genetically breed themselves with goats. More creepy than cute.
    Sinue_v2: Though (in-game) historically sound, one could argue this post is a bit...creepy. You always seemed like a prety level headed guy though, so maybe I'm just reading it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by SolomonGrundy View Post
    Sinue_v2: Though (in-game) historically sound, one could argue this post is a bit...creepy. You always seemed like a prety level headed guy though, so maybe I'm just reading it wrong.
    Yeah, I know, but I'm the one arguing it though because it was a bit of a surprise to me. I had just never really given much thought to the idea of character ages vs. their physical development in such a contrast before this thread. Never crossed my mind until just then when I realized that my characters actually represent the direct inverse of the scenario to that of the loli-lovers position, and the juxtaposition between the two when I was poking a bit of fun at the knee-high society is (I thought) some clever irony.

Perhaps I just didn't explain fully. I wasn't advocating or defending anything special about those age ranges. Nor do I think of my characters as "5 year olds" in any real measure which translates in any way to real-world 5 year olds. I've always regard my characters to be fully mature in every meaningful sense. Mentally, Physically, Emotionally, Intellectually, etc. Aside from story purposes, their ages are - for all intents and purposes - completely arbitrary to their characters. That's not quite the same scenario with lolis, who's youth and prepubescence is a defining characteristic. Such as Liina Sakuya from PSU. While she is often justified as being older than both Ethan and Laia, she regardless possesses the body of a young child. This draws substantial real-world parallels. Ones in which their validity doesn't depend upon arbitrary values defining a detail, but an integral part of her character design. While it may "Small Beasts" and "Lolis" be reasonable in PSU's unique cosmology; in ours it typically comes across really sounding more like tissue paper justification for peodphilia.
    Last edited by Sinue_v2; Sep 15, 2010 at 02:39 PM.

Feed men, and then ask of them virtue!

Cult of Cast Supremacy Raven5_1's Avatar

the trick is there is a difference between physical maturity and chronological maturity. chronological maturity is fluid. a clone of a person could look like a 30 year old think like a 30 year old but is only a month old. because of his/her origins and physical maturity chronological age is overlooked. if the Physical maturity of a character is that of a pubescent child red flags all round. it doesn't really matter how old the person is, if looks like a child; do not sexualise

it's why i don't think of Washu in a sexual manner in her child form but in her adult form sure.

I do find it a bit worryiing just how many tiny female chars there are on JP PSU, it also fuels the ridiculous pricing of clothing from the GC gacha's it would seem. I'm not a fan of them, they look really silly with most weapons, usually they're so small the weapons are usualy obscured under the floor and carrying larger weapons such as axes, laser cannons or greande launchers just looks really out of place. Still as many have said each to their own, it's true though that overly tall chars look odd too.

Tifa

My take is probably a little different:

My main, Atropos, is really just the continuation of a character I created in 2000 (PSO) - "she" has always been as short as possible. At the time, it was simply a snarky reaction (in good humor) to all of the giant Hucasts that were running about. Nobody was playing RAcaseals, let alone pint-sized versions. Players always got a kick out of her, especially when I whipped out the shotgun. Atropos was my most successful character (levels gained, and rares found), so I've stuck with her over the years. It's been nearly a decade now...crazy.

She is cute I suppose – in the same way I look at a super-deformed model of the Xeku-Eins from the Gundam series (the source of the screen name I’ve used for years), any number of my favorite cars Choro-Q style (think Penny Racers, children of the 80’s) , or my cat….lol!

What really disturbs me is the fact that so many players immediately associate a small female avatar with sexuality, in any form, and then feel the need to comment about it. I mean, really – it says a lot more about the accuser than the accused.

Several (female) friends have commented on this behavior over the years – something along the lines of a male co-worker eye-balling your chest while lamenting about the preponderance of sexual harassment in the workplace. Or say, anti-gay politicians getting caught with young male interns. Oh, really? Now, do tell us how you really feel!

Not suggesting I share this opinion, but it does make you wonder, sometimes…

Every year JP shows the entire server stats and this one in particular is spot on with this topic. This is from February 25th 2010 through July 1st 2010.

Far left chart is height from shortest to tallest and right chart is weight from thinnest to fattest.
    It seems rather even across for male weight.

This is no surprise. Far left chart is height from shortest to tallest and right chart is weight from thinnest to fattest.
    Loli's beat out every other height by almost twice as much. I wonder if Edward ever saw the US statistics.

source: http://phantasystaruniverse.jp/event...ort/report001/
    http://www.pso-world.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic43936_3.gif
    Dumb PSU vids and Dumb PSO2 vids in the sig Rappy Gifs here