Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The UPPA

Default The UPPA

This is going to probably sound ridiculous to a lot of 360 players, but what exactly is the UPPA? I just happened upon one of their little get-togethers (in Universe 18, I believe) while trying to get into Universe 1 a few minutes ago. I've always been curious. Hopefully some of it's members frequent these forums, and can answer my questions here:

- What exactly is it that you people do?
    - Are you a clan/guild? Or just more of a freeform group?
    - Does the UPPA have a goal? If so, what?

I'm an on-and-off member, got kicked out, got back in, but whatever.

Anyway, the UPPA is just a social group of players that get together and play for fun. Silver19, the spokesperson, seems adamant that its an ASSOCIATION, and not a clan. There's a scam patrol, that go around fending off scammers and the such, but the sole point of it is to provide a better gaming experience for the community.

In the past, it was a great source of lolz, but all the drama was flushed out.

It's a PSU clan/guild/harem.
    (Dead server) :: Angra Mainyu : Ahura Mazda : Arbalest : Fischerspooner :: PSUpedia & Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Ishia View Post
    There's a scam patrol, that go around fending off scammers and the such, but the sole point of it is to provide a better gaming experience for the community.
    A scam patrol? Seems like wanna-be heroes there. I guess they mean well by it. As for the better gaming experience for "the community", does that mean for just the members, or for the community as a whole? I don't understand completely.

Also, "association" is just a fancy word for "clan". But that's a side point.

For everybody, but don't ask me to go into details, I'm done with PSU for a while. You'll have to post in the thread on the Official if you have any more questions.

http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?t=244084

As far as Scam patrol goes, I wouldn't throw it into the category of LOLPSUPOLICE, although some people like to take things on a crusade and go a little too far with MORAL OBLIGATIONS (individually, not as a group), the general idea is to keep the game clean and group together to report scammers/glitchers, etc through the ticket system.

heh, silver won't let me in! xD

Quote Originally Posted by DragonForce View Post
    I WONDER WHY!?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?

Alliance Military Captain yankees11's Avatar

I used to be part of UPPA. They help out in the PSU Community. There goal is to stop any hackers, scammers, ETC.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonForce View Post
    He does that alot. He needs to get to know you first before he can recruit you. It took me a while too.
    Last edited by Dragwind; Sep 12, 2010 at 06:36 AM. Reason: merge from double post
    GT: straaaafe V5 for XBL.
    Spoiler!

PSU Japan:
    cast: yankees11
    Alliance Military Captain

Quote Originally Posted by yankees11 View Post
    He does that alot. He needs to get to know you first before he can recruit you. It took me a while too.
    Therefore, it really is a clan instead of an association. I've been on the game since it released and have actually helped out a lot of random people before. Associations don't have these kinds of requirements. Whatever... I do more in a week than those slouches do in a whole year. xD