Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by HeartBreak301 View Post
    And on that comment about forces in PSO being weak, have you ever nuked episode 4? My foney hitting 700+ with each rafoie begs to differ.
    Pfft, yeah and my 8K hitting 100% nat excal says hi.

As if anybody would have a reason to be afraid of that. If they kept beasts in, I guess it'd be ok but they'd have to remove nanoblasts and SUV weapons and just stick to Photon Blasts so humans and newmans wouldn't be immediately inferior due to a lack of a special ability. Although I really don't expect beasts to make a return since they're only tied into the PSU storyline.
    What reason would they have to remove beasts anyways? They already resolved the super issue by giving Humans and Newmans Mirages. And they would just end up alienating a large chunk of their fanbase. Believe it or not, PSU had nearly as many furries as lolicons. :P
    Last edited by Alexandria; Sep 12, 2010 at 01:06 PM.

I would miss the beasts.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexandria View Post
    Believe it or not, PSU had nearly as many furries as lolicons. :P
    Uhh, not all people that play Beasts are furries, bud. Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Ce'Nedra View Post
    I agree, i won't miss them at all, and i wouldn't miss it if they remove the Android class either, they made these 2 classes far to good on PSU by giving them SUV and Nanoblasting where Humans and Newmans get nothing.

I hope they balance all classes out by either giving them all a SUV like attack or nothing at all.
    As if anybody would have a reason to be afraid of that. If they kept beasts in, I guess it'd be ok but they'd have to remove nanoblasts and SUV weapons and just stick to Photon Blasts so humans and newmans wouldn't be immediately inferior due to a lack of a special ability. Although I really don't expect beasts to make a return since they're only tied into the PSU storyline.

And on that comment about forces in PSO being weak, have you ever nuked episode 4? My foney hitting 700+ with each rafoie begs to differ.
    Go play Phantasy Star Portable 2... -_- Humans and Newmans get a special attack called Mirage Blast... Also, Nanoblast SUCKS in PS:P2. I can actually do more damage in my base form than I can in my transformed state as a beast, and I hear that Nanoblast only becomes more unreliable as you level up.

I'm not sure how SUV attacks are now, though... But they're probably just as useful as the Mirage Blasts are...

Quote Originally Posted by BIG OLAF View Post
    Yeah, I'm still unsure about Sega adding another race into PSP2:I. I mean, what will Dumans specialize in? Beasts wrap up melee, CASTs excel in range, Newmans got teching down pat, and Humans are our resident jack-of-all-trades.

What could the Dumans possibly bring to the table? Sega probably made them overpowered as shit, so everyone will play as them, I bet.
    On the blog they talk about how Dumans are supposed to be a fighting-mage type class... They have pretty high attack and mind stats, but they have the worst defense of any the races, so they really have to focus on dodging things.

Wielder of the Neiclaws Ce'Nedra's Avatar

Not everyone has the luxery of playing the JP version of the game or the demo. I know they got Mirage Blasts now but that still doesn't change the fact they made newmans and humans pointless in AotI.

Celestial Manager~
    Quote Originally Posted by isCasted View Post
    Welcome to PSO2, a game which tells you to fuck off on regular basis. Have fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rupikachu View Post
    He just copypasted the log, which is mostly SOHO talking, and then for the remaining pages he just went to psow and copied the ep4 thread salt.

Quote Originally Posted by Ce'Nedra View Post
    Not everyone has the luxery of playing the JP version of the game or the demo. I know they got Mirage Blasts now but that still doesn't change the fact they made newmans and humans pointless in AotI.
    Luxury? English demo has been out for almost a month now, dude.

Humans and Newmans pointless in AotI...? ............................Did you even play PSU?

Yeah, actually you're right. Humans and Newmans were useless in AotI... Because everyone knows Beasts and Casts were by far the best races for Technic users, right?
    Last edited by •Col•; Sep 12, 2010 at 05:21 PM.

Yeah, my knowledge of PSU is limited to PSU:AotI. But I still think it's a better idea to give all the classes an equally powered special ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexandria View Post
    Pfft, yeah and my 8K hitting 100% nat excal says hi.
    And in response to this, Excalibur will NEVER hit 8000, and while you're running around with that to smack different things a FO can stunlock an entire room and destroy it all at once. Forces are superior to every other class in episode 4.

Actually, if you watch what's happening with the storyline, they're bringing PSU into the Universe of PSO and connecting them, in the next PSP2 Infinity game. Since these timelines will be put together, this will only mean that Infinity is what will put them together and PSO2 is what will continue them both at the same time. Essentially Beasts and Dumans can be in the next installment.

Would I be sad if I Beasts were removed? Yes. Why? Well I would get into it, but I'm wayyyy to tired and lazy right now to bother explaining. It's probably worth having it's own topic, but I don't care enough right now. lol
    "Blade" M Beast Fighmaster of "Ten Star V" from Xbox 360 PSU.

http://www.youtube.com/user/xBladeM6x

Remove beasts? I'd be pretty down about it, then drown my sorrows with some good old fashioned Newmanitis medication.

I always play the Hack & Slash, Buff & Heal Magic Knight whenever I can. HUnewearl in PSO GC and BB, and Beast Wartecher in PSU. My buffs aren't the best, but they make a difference when I'm the only one not playing pure HU/RA.

I don't like having to play human to make this viable, they just seem so, well, bland to me. I'm all for giving humans something special, but they shouldn't be the only ones capable of playing the way I like.

PSO continued the traditional human/newman/android dynamic while removing Musk Cats, Dezolians and Motavians. PSU upped the ante with Beasts and their Nanoblast, and made CASTs into an upgraded version of androids. If anything, I can see the next PS generation having more feral beasts, possibly with equipment restrictions (single & twin weapons only?) to make them more different to the human & space elf. Depending on dumans' reception, beasts may gain retroactive status as a classic race because of the new race's "New Kid" status.

Only time (or possibly an extremely large bribe to the dev team) will tell.

I say the more races to play as, the better... as long as they're balanced, and unfortunately, Sega/Sonic Team doesn't seem to understand this concept. Regardless though, it's always good to give players options, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Colaya View Post
    Humans and Newmans pointless in AotI...? ............................Did you even play PSU?

Yeah, actually you're right. Humans and Newmans were useless in AotI... Because everyone knows Beasts and Casts were by far the best races for Technic users, right?
    Seeing how most buff and support techs don't really rely on TP (save for Resta and Giresta, big whoop)... then yeah, they kinda were, lol, especially if you were an Acrotecher. There wasn't really much point in playing an offensive techer class because they were incredibly fragile, and for the most part, melee and gun PA's just provided more DPS than repeatedly casting the same techs over and over, unless the Supplemental Update changed that, which I never got to experience in the first place because I was on the PC/PS2 servers. And let's not forget how excessive tech-casting often caused people's games to slowdown horribly. Add in the facts that Beasts and CASTs had higher HP and ATP (most of the other stats didn't really matter, unfortunately), AND were able to make themselves temporarily invulnerable with SUV's and the blue Nanoblast... there just wasn't really much point to playing as a Human or Newman, much less as a non-AT techer class. There were just too many balance issues, at least when I was playing PSU. Maybe the Supplemental Update fixed some things, but I suspect a lot of those issues still remain.

My FFXIV:ARR Lodestone Page
    3DS Friend Code: 0318-8097-4335
    Currently playing: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, Hearthstone