Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Most annoying monster/boss in your opinion?

Now that more people are playing this, I thought it'd be interesting to see what people feel is the most annoying monster and boss in the game.

For me, the first thing that comes to mind when I played through story mode are probably those Golmoros. As a melee character they leap away from you constantly and when you finally close in, they use that jumping swipe and then repeat ad nauseam.
    And when they finally stop (what's he doing, cowering like that??), you think you get a chance to hit them, and he launches a bolt at you that puts you to sleep.

Honorary nominations: anything that runs away from you, Nanodragons, Vandas in Magashi Eradication Plan, Jedeins and those big robots that are constantly attacking (Shinou Hidoki or something).

As for boss, probably Dimmagolus for me, and the other versions of it.
    I didn't/don't have a good ranged weapon and this thing is in the air most of the time, so it always takes forever for me to kill it.
    And also any of the Dragon type bosses that has its tail in the air so you can't hit/chain it easily most of the time without getting trampled when trying to attack from other angles.

Honorary mention: Magas Maggaana. The boss isn't particularly hard since it 's not used as boss any of the high level missions AFAIK, but it is pretty annoying since you can't see when it's about to attack (arms are out of view?), and it gets even more annoying once it loses the lower part of its body, since it starts that routine of moving back while using arm cannon, charging spear attack etc. so you end up chasing it around all over.

Also, Olga Angelus/Anastasis/Dol Vabeel in the non final boss fight versions, since I hate the camera angle in those missions. And bonus points for lower framerate in the Dol Vabeel fight.

On the other hand, some of the bosses seem ridiculously easy.
    Mother Brain and Falkis form 1 come to mind, it's like perfect guard left/right swing, dodge two both-hand attacks, run back/attack the long arm that moves towards you, repeat til dead.
    And those twins that are jumping around most of the time without attacking, what's up with that fight, I always wondered.

What about you?
    ”うーぅす, おはよー!
    あたしはミカ!
    今日も一日がんばっていこーね!"

Boss: Anastasis
    Enemy: Bel Pannons

Everything else is very exploitable or not too much of a pain. Although I should give an honorable mention to Jedein's, AKA Metroids, AKA Dark Squids.

Those flower enemies that poison/knock you down you when they die.

Nanodragons can be pretty annoying too.

-

Quote Originally Posted by Shakuri View Post
    Everything else is very exploitable or not too much of a pain. Although I should give an honorable mention to Jedein's, AKA Metroids, AKA Dark Squids.
    This ^ and Sand Rappies, that is all.
    [LEFT]PSO2「香織」RA48 /GU36/HU33/FI16/ SHIP 09

Quote Originally Posted by Typestatic View Post
    This ^ and Sand Rappies, that is all.
    Oh yeah I hate that headbutt move they do, There's fire robots on like stolen weapon that do it too. >.>

-

Quote Originally Posted by VorpalLord View Post
    Those flower enemies that poison/knock you down you when they die.
    Lets be thankful they aren't Ob Lilies with level 9001 megid.

Well I haven't played PSP2 yet, but I wanna be part of the conversation. So I'm gonna say a couple things from PSP1 if that's ok. Ugh...the big ass fish thing that flies and swims around your platform. I can't remember its name for the life of me, but it's annoying. If I ever get my hands on one, I'm gonna put it in a jar and shove it up the Dimmogolus's ass. FEEL MY WRATH!!! And the final boss in that weird universe place. Seriously? I giant f***in' meteor that takes down like all of my life? Who the hell does that thing think it is? Sephiroth? GENOVA!!!!! LMAO
    Shout out to my fellow Nanoblasters ^_^

Golmoro, those 2 guys jumping all over the place (parum boss) i hate them on LWGP 1.... i have others on the lists....but since i get the freeze resist they are not annoying anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Shakuri View Post
    Enemy: Bel Pannons
    QFfT.
    Vanguard Race Guide ~ Japanese DLC In All Regions
    Announcement from SEGA: There are minor delays on ships 1~10 due to a signal failure. All other lines are running a good service.

The most annoying enemy for me is definitely lillies. It's almost hard to believe they made them almost as annoying as they were in pso, but they somehow did it.