Page 1 of 178 12341151101 ... LastLast

Thumbs up

Sega has finally unveiled Phantasy Star Online 2! I'm sure that a lot of you are really excited about this and are curious about what will be different about this upcoming game that will separate it from any other phantasy star game. Share your ideas in this thread.

For me, the section id was a concept that made pso fun to play in the way that what you found varied depending on the id you had. I think that they should expand this concept.
    Last edited by Dhylec; Sep 16, 2010 at 08:15 PM. Reason: merge consecutive posts

I am a Olga Flow to know what you are take the quiz here.

This is my pet rabbit. His name is Kireek
    (\(\
    (-.-)
    o.(")(")

Well first and foremost I would like to see it come to consoles rather than just PC.

Other than that I want MAGS, section ID's and most importantly the art style to all return. I want most of the gameplay improvements of PSPo2, all the original PSO levels in glorious HD graphics and at least twice as many new ones.

Is free online too much to ask? Probably right?

Anything after that is a bonus

I won the Nobel prize for texting while on duty Ithildin's Avatar

Love Mags and section IDs. I meant you had an excuse to make a different character. I'd like to see them return.
    Click On Banner

I've said, for years now, that my vision for a true PSO sequel is:

* Recreate all the original levels in HD (perhaps they are reachable after the new levels are beat?)
    * Create 10 completely new areas (2-3 levels per area) with as much care as the originals were created
    * All new MAGS (as many as in PSO original)
    * The ability to acquire/raise old MAGS (perhaps with special items)?
    * 2 new weapon types per class
    * Expansion of the original weapon classes
    * Bring back the original music team to create the new musical score
    * No voice chat -- but that's me since for me voice destroys immersion/escape
    * Ability to use weapons and tech's while moving
    * Improved collision detection -- walls should slow, not stop, the character
    * Retain Section ID's

Really, I just want an up-to-date PSO with tons of new levels, new mags, new weapons, etc., and as many people from the original working on it as possible.

I don't say this lightly: as someone born in the 70's who has been playing video games since the very first Atari VCS (later called Atari 2600) came out, PSO is the single best video game I've ever played. I'm just praying PSO2 is made with the same passion, care, skill, and awesomeness that PSO was made with. If it is, it will be a game worth celebrating!

I would like these things

-East and West play togeather
    -Guild Support like BB
    -Battle and Challenge mode
    -Great level designs, not just boring samey dungeons like PSU

Wild card - As unlikely as it is I've always wanted an optional overworld to explore.

Quote Originally Posted by doubleEXP View Post
    * Bring back the original music team to create the new musical score
    It's been more or less the same music team for PSU/PSZ/PSP.

Quote Originally Posted by Ffuzzy-Logik View Post
    It's been more or less the same music team for PSU/PSZ/PSP.
    Really? Because I still think the music in PSO is outstanding and most of the music in PSU was -- at best -- non-intrusive, and a lot of it I thought was just plain bad, with some notable exceptions of course.

I believe you, but boy does the music in PSO move me a million times more than the PSU/PSP music.

Rappy Hunter

Bring back MAGs and the crazy weapons.

I think it would be great if they had some completely randomized areas, as well as some Diablo-style random/rare items to keep things interesting and fun when out hunting for rares.

Based on the translated list of features, it looks like we might be seeing community-driven or user-created content in PSO2, which could be really cool as well. If the "limitless content" translation is accurate, then I'd say this is probably what they are referring to. That's going to open up a whole new experience for everyone, and it's something that can constantly be refreshed with new content.

Id hope they pick just one system to release it on, and focus all on that. Looks like pc in this case. Thus, just release it on PC and only PC so it isnt bogged down by limitations brought on when trying to make it compatible with consoles simultaneously. See FFXIV and its terrible UI that pc users have to go through simply because the game is designed for ps3 users in mind. Or how PSU pc users got shafted in general because of psu's ps2 limitations.

Now you argue "just buy a controller".... a game advertised for PC should not have a user required to "buy a controller" just to navigate through basic UI aspects and gameplay. just my 2 cents