Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Cheap-ass final boss. (Spoiler-free)

Seriously, does it need to have an attack where the camera watches the sky, and then it goes *lovetap* *slap* *INSTA-KO*. I mean, really. It was basically instant death. Or would have been if I hadn't been a Vanguard, with the can't-be-one-shotted skill set.

Bring a scape, cause you ain't beating it without one.

On a side note, EX Traps are SO good. And if it does its big black circles of pain on the ground, you can just set one off and laugh.
    Coming Soon!

If it's anything like Fakis' meteor move, if you have 81% of your max health, it won't kill you.

You can block the ultimate attack by facing in his direction using the Radar as an indication of where you're facing. And simply heal as it hits you.

Or you can Exact Guard it if you know the timing for it.

Yep, that attack isn't really that hard to counter, since it gives you so much time to prepare.
    I found the other attack with the little purple missiles more dangerous.
    ”うーぅす, おはよー!
    あたしはミカ!
    今日も一日がんばっていこーね!"

It is hard to get the block timing right when the swords come flying out of the boss' wings but just holding down the block button on the edge of the map works fine. Once you get the patterns down, the second form of the final boss is actually easier than the first.

The last boss... I keep hearing people have problems with it, even seeing a high level get smacked around, but I've never died on it.

I dunno, maybe there's something small that I know, which makes a large difference.
    Vanguard Race Guide ~ Japanese DLC In All Regions
    Announcement from SEGA: There are minor delays on ships 1~10 due to a signal failure. All other lines are running a good service.

What I do, is block like mad facing it. If I can't then I heal just after the attacks (since each one takes a bit a time before the next one comes in)

And a dark rifle. No matter what, a dark rifle preferably with that long shot PA. That's what I used along with my best dark element melee wep. But yeah, second form is pretty easy compared to the first form.

Funny, I always felt the first form is easier than the second, since it's much more forgiving of mistakes, it doesn't really have any instant kill attacks, except perhaps the other version of the rapid fire attack he uses.

While form 2 is pretty much nothing but insta kill once you get him to low hp.

But all in all the boss isn't really that hard, just annoying cause the fight takes long if you don't have a good ranged dark weapon.
    ”うーぅす, おはよー!
    あたしはミカ!
    今日も一日がんばっていこーね!"

Quote Originally Posted by Kurosu View Post
    Funny, I always felt the first form is easier than the second, since it's much more forgiving of mistakes, it doesn't really have any instant kill attacks, except perhaps the other version of the rapid fire attack he uses.

While form 2 is pretty much nothing but insta kill once you get him to low hp.

But all in all the boss isn't really that hard, just annoying cause the fight takes long if you don't have a good ranged dark weapon.
    There's a SECOND form of that SOB?!

Oi, you gotta be kidding me. That bastard KO's me in no-time during the first 10 seconds. It's driving me absolutely caca.

Wondering if I should just do a bunch of open missions until I'm at least 10 lvls stronger, but would that help at all?
    I'm berserk-- I like it FINE! As long as I'm grabbing the headlines! Ahaha YEAH!

Chapter 10-3 is the easiest one of chapter 10. Took me 3:01 to kill both forms at level 60 in this play through.

The 1st time you fight the final boss, his attacks will surprise you and likely even kill you (it did for me lol). Once you're familiar with his attack patterns, you won't be getting hit by anything except for the Danmaku attack (assuming you play conservatively).
    www.xat.com/psp2 to chat about psp2 and to run with an english speaking psp2 community.

【JP PSPo2:i】 [FNewm Lvl83 FO11] [FDewm Lvl90 FO12] [FCast Lvl200 HU30 BR30] [FBeast Lvl198 HU30 BR 28]