Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Best uses of extend codes?

I've spent some time searching to see if there is an 'ultimate' list of items to use extend codes on, however I've come up short. Does anyone have any thoughts as to the best uses of extend codes by weapon type?
    Playing as Keahi on Phantasy Star Portable 2 - US Version.

Skilled Fighter

IMO, almost all weapons extend well. I look at the extended codes like this, if I like a C, B, A weapon but want it to be used for high level enemies, i usually extend it!

There are really nice looking weapons that should have been S.

I look at the ACC when trying to extend. I don't care if I don't hit as best I can as long as I have the ability to hit.

PSP2 US: D'Ante - Human - Male - Level 150 - [VA 28] [HU 10] [RA 12] [FO 10] - Battle Rank: F - Challenge Rank: Elite
    No matter how hard the challenge or how great the fall this indomitable spirit will always stand tall..
    Titles left: 17 Comp, 7 Collect, 4 Challenge, 8 Battle, 1 Special

N.R.A. National Ranger Association Roontek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Infinite Eternity View Post
    I look at the ACC when trying to extend. I don't care if I don't hit as best I can as long as I have the ability to hit.
    Same I look for ACC primarily.
    ♠PS:P2♠
    •Roontek | Cast M | lvl 15 | RA [5]

•Jannali | Newman F | lvl 80 | FO [12]

•Signus X1| Cast F | lvl 110 | HU [21]

I look for available status effects.

Ophidian Medusa (lv100 sword whip, lv 4 poison) > Ouroboros (lv 150 sword whip, lv 1 death) due to the possibility of lv 4 stun, for instance.

Kubara things tend to extend well, in general... Twin Falclaws are an excellent example, going up to over 700 ATP with lv 3 stun. The Kokintou Hozuki only gets a lv1 status effect if you extend it straight away, but can have a lv5 one if you wait until you unseal it before extending. If something has a high level SE to begin with, it'll probably keep that level when you change the effect itself during extension.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAstarion View Post
    I look for available status effects.

Ophidian Medusa (lv100 sword whip, lv 4 poison) > Ouroboros (lv 150 sword whip, lv 1 death) due to the possibility of lv 4 stun, for instance.

Kubara things tend to extend well, in general... Twin Falclaws are an excellent example, going up to over 700 ATP with lv 3 stun. The Kokintou Hozuki only gets a lv1 status effect if you extend it straight away, but can have a lv5 one if you wait until you unseal it before extending. If something has a high level SE to begin with, it'll probably keep that level when you change the effect itself during extension.
    These are the exact things I'm looking for, and I thank you for them.

I'm a min/maxer, I will spend countless hours hunting and upgrading that one ultimate weapon for each type, I just want to make sure I don't waste valuable extend codes on the wrong items.
    Playing as Keahi on Phantasy Star Portable 2 - US Version.

NC, USA (Online though, you may find me in the unofficial PSOW chat @ http://psoworld.weebly.com/)

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrai View Post
    These are the exact things I'm looking for, and I thank you for them.

I'm a min/maxer, I will spend countless hours hunting and upgrading that one ultimate weapon for each type, I just want to make sure I don't waste valuable extend codes on the wrong items.
    Same here. In fact, finding out there was a Poron-Poron pretty much froze any thought of using any of my three free extend codes. I was planning on using one on a Poron because I thought it looked awesome. But.. then while looking for all the drill weapons for someone on GameFAQs, I saw it's better version.

{-} Sig is outdated. Now on Team: ChibiRoar. I'll update eventually... {-}

TemprusofTime @ Deviantart (Novice MMD User)

PSOW on mibbit---
    BTW, yes I'm one of those guy gamers that plays nothing but girl characters. There a problem with that?

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrai View Post
    I've spent some time searching to see if there is an 'ultimate' list of items to use extend codes on, however I've come up short. Does anyone have any thoughts as to the best uses of extend codes by weapon type?
    Extending is always good, the stronger/higher the grade the weapon is, the less of a boost it gets. For example 15* weapons will gain probably 15-20 atp, while lower ranked ones gain more. Essentially they're trying to catch up the weapons stat wise to be equivalent to s-ranks.

One that boosts well is the sword Kokuintou Houzuki (unsealed). Other weapons, if you consider that there's combination armor/weapon, might be good ones to extend like sange yasha, agito repca, drill knuckles, niren kamui. Then there are some weapons that have higher than usual SE, like the tsumikiri hyori.

You can't go wrong with extending something you like, if you need more extend codes you could always go through cmode, its a lot of fun.

I'd say weapons with Incapacitate are probably the BEST use of ones. Like Saika Hyori, or Demon's Devastation. Then perhaps ones with Stun, if they have a lot of hits. Like a double saber, or whip.

↑↑ PSO-World Chat // PSO-World Ventrilo ↓↓

Quote Originally Posted by Koiwai_Keiji View Post
    You can't go wrong with extending something you like, if you need more extend codes you could always go through cmode, its a lot of fun.
    Not necessarily true. If something lacks enough ACC and you can't make up for it in your build it may have been a waste.

PSP2 US: D'Ante - Human - Male - Level 150 - [VA 28] [HU 10] [RA 12] [FO 10] - Battle Rank: F - Challenge Rank: Elite
    No matter how hard the challenge or how great the fall this indomitable spirit will always stand tall..
    Titles left: 17 Comp, 7 Collect, 4 Challenge, 8 Battle, 1 Special