Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Daveydave View Post
    But they were just vision phone passwords? If sega wanted to release these as updates for us, then they should have made them DLC or something. Something as easy as a code can easily be found and cracked.

Something else you have to remember, we may not have noticed that the Japanese codes were hacked so quickly because not many of the people who play the game had the import.

Anyway what I am trying to say, is that it is bad news in the sense that sega may see this as hacking, but in all honesty, they should have seen it coming. I would rather have the actual DLC than codes that will be dished out to us.

x

EDIT Are any of the vision password clothes the DLC clothes?
    This here. Sega of America knows what to expect. They could have taken measures to avoid this. And

And Japanese Citizens do the same thing. Pokemon Black and White came out already and we already know that there are a total of 649 Pokemon (according to data) on the cartridge. Same thing happened with Diamond and Pearl, when Nintendo only acknowledged up to 480ish, ignoring the existence of Arceus, Shayamin and a few others; even though their info had been hacked... a few months before the other regions got them.

Human nature is to know and have things before we actually get them. It's a DNA (Human) thing, not a regional thing.
    Real Heroes do not fight wars. They are born to prevent them.

Sorry for the horrible quality!
    Kenneth Silver - Male - Human - Former Guardian... for now.

PSO2 & PSPortable2 Addict Amherst_Wind's Avatar

Its also human nature, unfortunately, to spoil things for other people in a vain attempt to be recognised or get praise...

Its worth mentioning that the japanese passwords were not found from the game dump anywhere near as fast as this, we're talking less than a week after release with this version. Also on japanese sites the passwords were not revealed, the wikis for example didn't, and still don't, list the passwords. There are some differences between regions...

Still with no DLC for the English version this was the only content that was going to be available to unlock periodically after release... and now its spoiled.
    - - - - - - - PS Zero: Anna - - - - - -|- - - - - PS Portable: Amherst - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Amherst_Wind View Post
    Still with no DLC for the English version this was the only content that was going to be available to unlock periodically after release... and now its spoiled.
    This doesn't really bother me, as I see no use in a code for a C-B rank weapon being released weeks after people start using S ranks regularly.

Mireille: 130 Beast Fortefighter (20) Aurica: 63 Newman Fortetecher (7) Lycoris: 59 CAST Fortegunner (7)

Quote Originally Posted by T_Esquire View Post
    Yeah, I know it's a gross generalization, but the game's only been out less than a month in the US and already someone cracked the Vision Phone. I don't remember reading the Japanese version being so quickly exploited. And as someone else said, this is not a good thing. Sega is going to see this and write it off just as I have and we're all going to wind up paying for it. Good job, guys...

Actually, since JP players get most of the games earlier, they get the codes FIRST.
    And the DAY PS:P2 came out in Japan, it was already hacked. Hence people playing it with custom firmware. Also why there's a shit ton of cwcheats for the game.

The US and Eu versions of this game has CWceats thanks to the JP cheats, all they had to do was find an offset to "transfer" the cheats.

So, if you're going to blame anyone, blame the Japanese.

EDIT: Okay, other than the vision phone passwords, all, if not most were ported from the JP version.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Silver View Post
    This here. Sega of America knows what to expect. They could have taken measures to avoid this. And

And Japanese Citizens do the same thing. Pokemon Black and White came out already and we already know that there are a total of 649 Pokemon (according to data) on the cartridge. Same thing happened with Diamond and Pearl, when Nintendo only acknowledged up to 480ish, ignoring the existence of Arceus, Shayamin and a few others; even though their info had been hacked... a few months before the other regions got them.

Human nature is to know and have things before we actually get them. It's a DNA (Human) thing, not a regional thing.
    Thats true, so predictable I dare to say, I was about to write the same thing about the new Pokemon games, its human nature, I dont see why we should feel guilty, this was supposed to happen anyways, personally I dont think SEGA or SoA will punish us for this because I bet they saw this coming.
    PSPo2: Tassadar Male CAST lvl. 195, Hunter lvl.30, Vanguard lvl. 23

I am a Dark Falz to know what you are take the quiz here.

The Artist Formerly Known As... Something Else SammaeltheDark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Amherst_Wind View Post
    Its also human nature, unfortunately, to spoil things for other people in a vain attempt to be recognised or get praise...
    lol. Knowing the source, this is not about any sort of e-peen enhancement. The original finder of these codes is just genuinely interested in the exploration of coding and game development. If he was really in it for the cred, he would've touted having the codes for at least a week before finally someone else released them to show up the original finder ;P

Also the reason the JP codes were not found this quickly is because people weren't as knowledgeable on the workings of PSU code back then as they are now, what with US PS2/PC servers going down and multiple groups working towards recreating them

Now enjoy your game. I'm gonna get me some Nei's Partnership.
    ノーマン (Nohman), Lv.125 Male Human, BR 34, 1 Rebirth (PSP2i)

annnnd there is essentially nothing in there that imbalances gameplay so whats the problem?

I r i s - 13X -VaDewearl (3X)

PSO2 & PSPortable2 Addict Amherst_Wind's Avatar

Knowing the source its more likely about being... well, if you can't say anything nice...
    and please no please don't actually believe the lack of JP passwords being dumped was due to a lack of knowledge about PSU! xD
    The 'technical marvel' that revealed these passwords was ripping data from an ISO...

And you're missing the point with the problem, the problem is it was going to be fun waiting to have the passwords come out gradually through various methods.

Its funny how none of the passwords for Valkyria Chronicles 2 have been dumped and spoiled...
    - - - - - - - PS Zero: Anna - - - - - -|- - - - - PS Portable: Amherst - - - - -

"I really like not having access to all the content I have paid for, so much that I don't want anyone else to have it too."

Seriously - if you want to play the waiting game until 2012 and beyond, there's nothing forcing you to use the codes - just enter them as they're officially announced.

"This is why we don't have nice things" and a contributing factor to why Sega of Japan don't give Sega of America/Europe nice things like DLC. Way to ruin it for everyone.