Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Max Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Pillan View Post
    Unlike PSO, it is impossible to have more or less than the expected stat value for your race and class at any level. So the stats shown on the chart are exactly what you will have at that point.
    Thanks for confirming! I was worried because of my more recent level ups being sucktastic.
    PSPo2;
    Graviteon: CAST, Male, level 102,RA/16 VA/15|Nalma: Newman, male, level 90, FO/13 VA/13

I am a RAcast to know what you are take the quiz here.

Perfect Block makes Eva redundant, its not relevant. I'm trying to understand why its even mentioned anymore.

The most obvious reason is because blocking or rolling destroys the combo, while evading no longer does. So you will clear the mission faster if you automatically evade every attack and blindly combo the enemies, rather than taking the time to manually block and roll and continue your attack.

Things go a lot smoother for me when I stack massive amounts of power over EVP and simply use the JCPA advantage that comes with Just Block (Block with dualies while chaining, quickly switch to melee weapon and I'm still able to Just Counter). EVP melee nullification is convenient yes, but to me its just a bad habit and a semi-addiction that covers for possible mistakes in positioning and knowledge of enemy patterns and attacks. For some, it is an integral part of their play style, which is fine..Leeroy Jenkins and all that. However, if a Hunter can finish a full 3-Combo PA without EVP nullification, Vanguards should have no problem doing so either.

The only class that actually needs EVP is Force, and only then if you're using the 3-4 Tech setup on a Rod or a Shield less-Wand setup come Infinity. There needs to be some ridiculous set bonus for Forces by the way...

Speaking of Infinity, I doubt EVP will be as glorified in the end game as it was in PSP2. Considering that Max and Magashi enemies can already screw over EVP buffers that are at the level cap, it wouldn't come as a surprise if enemies 40 levels higher in the Infinity missions with the same stat buffs could do the same. Of course, with the Rebirth system this may not be a problem at all.

I just feel it is a crutch that shouldn't be relied on too much. My 2 Mesetas on the subject of EVP, that's all.