View Poll Results: Has this happened to you before?

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

0 0%
  • No

0 0%

Default My PSP randomly shuts off when using the AC plug...help?

Okay, first of all, I know I ask a lot of questions on here...

Anyway, to start off, I have a PSP 1000 with some Chinese knock-off AC charger. My friend gave me this PSP, and he said he had dropped it down his stairs before, but it still worked fine. My charger charges the PSP just fine, but if I turn the connector, the orange light will go off.

Now, onto the problem.

When I'm playing a game with the charger plugged in (the battery can be fully charged and it still happens...I keep the battery in at all times, by the way), it seems like if the charger plug moves to the point where the light goes off, it'll turn itself off. No UMD spin-down, nothing. It just shuts off, and I don't mean sleep mode, either. It goes completely off.

Could this be because of the charger, or is this something with the AC plug? Again, it charges just fine without a problem. I'd appreciate a quick response. Thanks in advance.
    Phantasy Star Online 2 JP
    Akal | Lv 18 Cast HU | Ship 02 | HU 18↑, RA 2, FO 1
    Phantasy Star Portable 2
    Akal ~ Lv 97↑ Beast ~ HU 10, VA 13↑, RA 1, FO 1

a comfortable place between dreams and reality

Get a branded charger. Who knows how shoddy the voltage and amperage regulation is with that knock-off.

I've actually had this happen with a Sony charger. I assumed it was due to CFW. When I put OFW back on for the PSP2 demo, I was right.
    This is my NEW signature. Complete with shameless self-promotion!

Quote Originally Posted by Boxblaster View Post
    I've actually had this happen with a Sony charger. I assumed it was due to CFW. When I put OFW back on for the PSP2 demo, I was right.
    That's weird...I have OFW, and it's never had CFW on it. Well, at least it's fixed for you!

Well, I think I might have gotten it fixed. I pinched the plug on the adapter shut a bit so it would fit more tightly, and it seems to be working!
    Phantasy Star Online 2 JP
    Akal | Lv 18 Cast HU | Ship 02 | HU 18↑, RA 2, FO 1
    Phantasy Star Portable 2
    Akal ~ Lv 97↑ Beast ~ HU 10, VA 13↑, RA 1, FO 1