Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Online Issues

Default Online Issues

I've seen a couple of threads already about the inability to connect and getting one of two errors online, so I'm guessing it's just really touchy servers.

Maybe all I can do is complain, but they really should improve that, I bought the game with the hopes of playing online. I'm even currently running OFW, which is a rarity for me. (Hell, I hardly used the thing to play PSP games, mostly just homebrew.)

Is anybody else still experiencing this issue? No matter what time of day, or how much bandwidth I try to free up, it's not working. I find it ridiculous the online would be this touchy, my internet isn't the best but I can play anything else online.

Is there perhaps ports I should try opening up?
    PSP2 | PSZ | PSO
    Uryuu/Chimney | Uryuu/Yuno | Chimney/Death

Quote Originally Posted by Invartho View Post
    I've seen a couple of threads already about the inability to connect and getting one of two errors online, so I'm guessing it's just really touchy servers.

Maybe all I can do is complain, but they really should improve that, I bought the game with the hopes of playing online. I'm even currently running OFW, which is a rarity for me. (Hell, I hardly used the thing to play PSP games, mostly just homebrew.)

Is anybody else still experiencing this issue? No matter what time of day, or how much bandwidth I try to free up, it's not working. I find it ridiculous the online would be this touchy, my internet isn't the best but I can play anything else online.

Is there perhaps ports I should try opening up?
    I had the same problem. All I had to do was just sit on my couch which is directly in front of my wireless modem. I believe it's the touchy PSP network card (which is crap) Just try staying close to ur wireless modem at all times and you shouldn't have any problems.

I am having no propblems playing online at all.
    I get the occasional lag spike where people jump accross the screen but that happens in a lot of games set up like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ryokojr View Post
    I had the same problem. All I had to do was just sit on my couch which is directly in front of my wireless modem. I believe it's the touchy PSP network card (which is crap) Just try staying close to ur wireless modem at all times and you shouldn't have any problems.
    I tried this D: But maybe I'll do it again, I don't know. I can always surf PSN/the intarwubz fine with it, bu t who knows. Thanks anyways.
    PSP2 | PSZ | PSO
    Uryuu/Chimney | Uryuu/Yuno | Chimney/Death

Quote Originally Posted by Invartho View Post
    I tried this D: But maybe I'll do it again, I don't know. I can always surf PSN/the intarwubz fine with it, bu t who knows. Thanks anyways.
    No problem. If nothing works then u can always format stick and see if that fixes it

Had this problem 3 or 4 days ago wherein I would log in get to the universe screen look up parties to join and then join a party only to be greeted by the black screen of death lol -_-;; was rather irritating to me.

That happened like three times in a row and i had to shut the game down. Now when i logged back in to browse parties to join the parties that were listed before were gone so i can only asssume i had a bad run of luck there getting into rooms. i made my own which nobody joined lol so i logged off :P

i honestly haven't really had much problems getting online. prolly once or twice a day i get an error but after that, i pretty much get on anytime i log on....

The server seems very....buggy.

I can't join random parties. I don't know why, but whenever I join a random party, I instantly disconnect after load. Happens to EVERY random party, regardless of level, name, etc.

If I play in a locked room with my friend, it's half fine. I typically get extremely laggy gameplay, to the point of where combos are nearly impossible, and my allies bounce around a lot. This is strange, seeing as how I have a 40mbps/25mbps download/upload speed for my Internet, and have a constant triple bar for my connection.

I also have a problem where, even when playing solo, the game will boot me from the mission for no reason. I'll be playing perfectly fine, little lag, then all of a sudden, disconnect. Right now Ad-Hoc Party or X-Link Kai is looking extremely appealing, and if I play with X-Link I get absolutely no lag, but it's really frustrating to work with because of the SSID changes.

I assume this isn't just me? I hope it's just because the servers are new, so they need time to refine them.

Rappy Hunter

so far i havn't had any problems getting online, or with lag and i'm on dsl (except when everyone in party is spamming pa's/techs and a large amount of enemies are on screen and then it's not much). the 2 problems i have been seeing is when i'm hosting and 2 ppl leave i get dc. and i seem to get dc whenever i try urgents(which is dissapointing that 300% sounds so yummy).

Maybe turn off WLAN power save and sit within your router's wireless radius. Also, check for port forwarding.