Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default PSO Gamecube - Multiplayer limited?

Some friends and I were excited to start a game of PSO on the gamecube, as we've always enjoyed games similar to Norath. Unfortunately for us, we found that when playing in 'Multi-Mode'>'Normal', we can't really do all that much.
    We can't talk to anyone but shop keepers, we can't take missions from the guild, so all we can do is start at forest 1 and randomly mess about.
    We did this for about an hour or two, with no real rhyme or reason to where we went or what we did. Eventually we made it to this huge dragon that we could barely hurt. We were level 4, so needless to say, it didn't go well.

I know that there are two other modes of play for Multi-Mode (which we're not all that interested in), but my question is:
    What exactly is the point of 'Normal' mode? Just free roaming without missions or rewards?

I'm a little dissapointed if so.
    Hoping someone can clarify this for me.
    Thanks very much for reading.

In offline multiplayer you can't do really do anything other than run through the areas in free play. Also it doens't save any of your progress, so you can only go into the areas as far the person who's first player has unlocked.
    Last edited by 16085k; Oct 1, 2010 at 12:08 PM.

Sounds like you're somewhat new to PSO. The real experience of the game in offline mode will first and foremost come from single player. After you've done quests, leveled up, killed bosses, and equipped yourself with some nice things, you can take your friends along (assuming they did the same) and challenge yourselves with certain areas/bosses as they do get increased health and damage in multiplayer.

My old friend of 12 years and I have high level characters with some pretty nice stuff and every now and then our favorite thing to do is Episode 2 Ultimate and it's a hell of a lot of fun. Although, ultimate might take quite a while for a level 4 to get to.

I won the Nobel prize for texting while on duty Ithildin's Avatar

I used to run Caves over and over with old pals. Fun times.
    Click On Banner

Do try Battle mode and Challenge mode. Challenge mode offers some unique weapons, if you can finish it. The best part about Battle and Challenge mode, is that your level is largely irrelevant, as the quests will set your level accordingly.

Go team ph4il! 02/07/2016

Ah. This reminds me of when I was a rookie playing pso on the dreamcast at the start of the last decade. Once you get into the flow of things you will be able to go through zones with no problem. I enjoy seabed runs with friends. Olga flow is the most epic boss fight in the game (Gal Gryphon is a close second).

I am a Olga Flow to know what you are take the quiz here.

This is my pet rabbit. His name is Kireek
    (\(\
    (-.-)
    o.(")(")

Thats kinda how I got into pso by starting out in mulitplayer mode with my brothers. I personally found the multiplayer mode to be fun since I was playing with my brothers, we'd each had a important job that each of us had. My older brother was the tank and the leader of our little group, I was the sniper since my char was A ramar and my younger brother was the healer of the group since he liked being A force. We probally be still playing together today if the memory card we had didnt corrupet are data saved on there thus losing our chars .

You can always try free play in Battle Mode. As the instructions book suggests, it offers a more challenging experience in that "friendly fire" exists.

Celestial Knight of Azure Flames zandra117's Avatar
    My soul is in Gurhal while my heart is on Ragol

are the towers in pso plus offline mode single player only?

a friend and i had some great miltiplayer games on GC. did a 3 player once in Ruins and dies 2 seconds before Falz did. sucks
    but, yeah, in multimode to stop people going further than they should you are limited to how far the person that has gotten least far. you also need to be a certain level to access the higher difficulty; 20 for hard, 40 v.hard and 80 for ultimate.

as for the Towers, i don't know. PSO+ wasn't released in the UK