Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I've been extremely fortunate enough to participate in a few ARGs, although I'm not sure if this is what you're talking about.

The first one was for Halo 2. It was finding the coordinates to a payphone in my town and answering a question correctly. It was some phrase... I never got anything out of it, but I did hear that it was possible to get the making of 'I Love Bees' DVD at some point. I may have to look into that sometime. It was immersible and scary at times. Good fun, though.

There was a quick run with the Warp Pipe project back in the day with getting two DS to play over ad hoc connections. The Ware Pipe project ARG didn't last too long though.

The next one was for Bioshock 2: Something in the Sea. My goodness, THIS was incredible. Free memorabilia, free pawn card, and some really cool parts of Bioshock 2 that one may have missed otherwise. The journey of Mark Meltzer was amazing. Great game and ARG.

Finally, I also had a short run recently for the ARG with XCOM. I got the documents, played with it for a bit, but as soon as I found out that it wasn't for Bioshock or anything similar, I gave up on it.
    Last edited by Getintothegame; Oct 4, 2010 at 02:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Getintothegame View Post
    I've been extremely fortunate enough to participate in a few ARGs, although I'm not sure if this is what you're talking about.

The first one was for Halo 2. It was finding the coordinates to a payphone in my town and answering a question correctly. It was some phrase... I never got anything out of it, but I did hear that it was possible to get the making of 'I Love Bees' DVD at some point. I may have to look into that sometime. It was immersible and scary at times. Good fun, though.

There was a quick run with the Warp Pipe project back in the day with getting two DS to play over ad hoc connections. The Ware Pipe project ARG didn't last too long though.

The next one was for Bioshock 2: Something in the Sea. My goodness, THIS was incredible. Free memorabilia, free pawn card, and some really cool parts of Bioshock 2 that one may have missed otherwise. The journey of Mark Meltzer was amazing. Great game and ARG.

Finally, I also had a short run recently for the ARG with XCOM. I got the documents, played with it for a bit, but as soon as I found out that it wasn't for Bioshock or anything similar, I gave up on it.
    The first one I ever found out about was Something in the Sea. I wish I had played it. >_<