EP3 C.A.R.D. Battle King Deadbeard's Avatar

Default Your Favorite Setup.

I'd just like to ask anyone willing to answer this question. As far as team structure goes, which combination do you believe to be the strongest. Hunter/Hunter, Hunter/Ark, or Ark/Ark? Which combination have you had the most success with? What are some of the pros/cons you believe to go with your choice?

Also, which combination do you hate fighting against, and why?
    Last edited by Deadbeard; Oct 8, 2010 at 02:50 PM.

EP3 C.A.R.D. Battle King Deadbeard's Avatar

I'll start by answering my own questions. I'm a big fan of me and my partner going out with a Hunter/Ark setup, for good reasons. What usually ends up being the case is my partner (Nadia 99.9% of the time) ends up being the frontline defense for the both us because most my enemies tend to almost completely ignore my creatures and focus 100% of the attacks towards my partner. I guess most people figure they can double team the Hunter and get rid of her quickly and win the match easily. Well....this may work sometimes, but you're taking a BIG gamble against a team with rock solid defense. Keep on ignoring that Merlan and that Hildebear standing besides her and you're gonna pay the price in the long run.

There are definitely cons with this setup also. Lets say...for example (Yes, I have been defeated in this manner also.) you're against 2 Hunters and one of them...say Stella, with her high move rate decides to straight rush the Ark story character out of nowhere and assault you with fixed damage weapons while your creatures are halfway across the map. (lol) Do you pull back reinforcements and try and fight? Do you try and survive and keep your creatures up top to help your partner? Keeping in mind Arks disadvantage when it comes to having to move multiple creatures, using AC points for them all, where Stella can have on 3 guns and move for 1 lumpsum of points..

Anyway, I think i've answered my last question. I hate going against 2 hunters. Makes for a really difficult bout if they know what they are doing. Tons of survivability and can make you pay for the slightest slipup anytime throughout a match.

I've not found 1 combination that is the optimum setup in every situation, but having 1 Hunter and 1 Arkz is usually a combination with good chemistry. You have your hunter tank and your precision striking Arkz. A lot of possabilities, although as Deathbeard said if the enemy slips past and reaches the Arkz it can be a tough fight.

Multiple hunter battles are often quite fun. Ever have a 4 way hunter battle? They usually last a while and can be a blast to play in.

Although online is long dead (even private servers don't have a very good Episode 3 working) I continue to play this game offline and even against the COM I can sometimes set up some pretty fun matches.

I miss this game alot and still enjoy it offline as well; I remember playing against all you guys until the server closed I played the FOnewm NecroMancer. Anyway towards the end I seemed to have the most success with a Hunter Charity based deck. I usually had about 7 weapons, 4-5 assists and the rest defense; this seemed to be a good formula to base any type of deck on. As far as teams go Teifu was always welcome, his only down side being lower HP