Def Mat:35
    Mind Mat:0
    Evade Mat:35

So you should have your racast with these characteristics:

ATP:1319 - 31 less than Max: (Max:1350)
    DEF:580 - 26 less than Max: (Max:606)
    ATA:221 - 3 less than Max: (Max:224)
    EVP:696 - 3 less than Max: (Max:699)

Luck is required for critical hits, not to evade the critical hits of opponents and doesn't help to find rare items. So I think it is "useless" to raise it.
    I also think that it is unnecessary to maximize the defense instead of evasion because racast is a ranged fighter and therefore has no reason to have high defense.

Let me know what you think
    Last edited by TakonePig; Oct 17, 2010 at 08:29 AM.

Luck does make a big difference. With a critical hit, you do 150% of your normal damage, if I recall correctly.. So, if you make a damage of 200, it would be 300 with a critical hit.

I haven't leveled a character up to 160+ yet, so I don't know if Evp is that usefull. But at my point (level 130), I think that Def is more important than Evp, because I only block 1/80 hits, so I would raise Def instead. If someone knows how to block more often (equip), would you mind telling me? Because my character is just trash when it comes to it. xD

Quote Originally Posted by Kei Kurono View Post
    Luck does make a big difference. With a critical hit, you do 150% of your normal damage, if I recall correctly.. So, if you make a damage of 200, it would be 300 with a critical hit.

I haven't leveled a character up to 160+ yet, so I don't know if Evp is that usefull. But at my point (level 130), I think that Def is more important than Evp, because I only block 1/80 hits, so I would raise Def instead. If someone knows how to block more often (equip), would you mind telling me? Because my character is just trash when it comes to it. xD
    I also don't have my character to a level so high, I did a test with psocharacter manager program. However, doing a test as you proposed, we have: Atp 1273, Def 606, Evp 626, Luck 100.
    With luck you have a 20% chance to hit: 1 time 5. Then you have no certainty of critical hit. xD
    Instead I'd rather raise to max evasion because it is a parameter very high (Max 699). And in the version proposed to me we would still have a pretty high defense (580).
    Thanks for your opinion!

Defense and Evasion are not nearly as important as Attack, Hit and Luck. The way this game works(and is flawed) is that ATK is your best scaling stat due to the fact that your attacks are powerful and mobs die without having too much of a chance to fight back, and in group play you will be healed for the damage you take, effectively reducing the value of your defensive stats even more. Luck and hit should be your stats to cap first because they provide an extremely static damage increase with ATK closing. Your MAG should be something like 5/145/50/0 or 5/135/60/0 (Hit is THAT important). However as you close into 200, you should focus on maxing your character out with a custom MAG.
    Last edited by Mitz; Oct 26, 2010 at 03:20 PM.

Rizeru > No, neither Hucast nor Racasts can be capped only with a V101.

I do however agree that if you have the firepower, the rest matters little.

To the original poster : you seem to forget units. Sure, if you're "low level" you might not get the proper gear, but once you get the better units you mag will change a lot.
    Point in case, if you have an Adept, your Mag needs 40 levels of Dex less. 40 levels! That's an insane amount, espescially since it translates to 40 levels of pow, so 80ATK, saving 40 materials for other useful stats.

Also, no offense, but 699EVA is low. You don't need it as much as a Racast, since you'll be shooting things from afar. My Hucaseal has amost twice your amount (and evades a lot, truth be told) but high evasion is nothing against really hard ennemies. Like, oh, I dunno, Ill Gills. A Hucaseal with max ATK and mechguns will do about 10 HP damage per hit, so she HAS to melee. But I don't remember blocking a Ill Gill hitting on me (no pun intended) all that often. It did happen, I guess, but not often enough to risk constant meleeing or going to the Towers alone.
    Oserez-vous percer le mystère de la malédiction ?
    www.hinamizawa.fr

I might've remembered wrong but it was definitely along the lines of a V101 and an Adapt, you had a lot of breathing room at least. And I must've misread the title so I scrapped that last line altogether.

Oh sure, an Adept goes a long way towards this. I think you miss only 10 points and max everything else out with that. So for a Hucast, you could just sacrifice 10EVP or something.

Adept and V101 can max out most classes. Only Hunewearl, Hucast, Ramarl, Fonewn and Fonewearl will need extras. (well, Fonewmn needs like 100Dex to reach max ATA...)
    Oserez-vous percer le mystère de la malédiction ?
    www.hinamizawa.fr

Here's hoping to Hit Materials in PSO2. Or better yet, none at all!

Thank you for the advice!
    Anyway, I think to raise the luck with "Centurion Ability" (+30 ATP/DEF/EVP/LUCK), or "Divine Protection" (x2 luck), saving 45 material.
    I think it is useful raise ATA value with Mag, having the certainty (or almost xD) to hit even in low levels. Then of course I can still upgrade it with the various unit like "Heavenly Arms" (+25 ATA)

Thing is, all these measures are just stopgaps on your way to 200. You need to pick up a longterm material plan to max your character out. Until then, I say you use that Centurion/Ability, a V101 and 2 Heavenly Arms to get your ATA as high as possible, your LCK to a reputable level and have the battle speed increase.
    Last edited by Mitz; Oct 29, 2010 at 01:43 AM.