Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Do cast hunters suck?

I have a lvl 89 cast at 13 hunter, 8 ranger, and vanguard. I thought when I got half damage, and damage resist from VA I would be better when I switched back to hunter...I was wrong. I still get killed pretty fast if I'm not blocking like crazy
    and it seems like my type abilities aren't even on when I running missions. Any tips on how to make my Cast hunter better?
    Last edited by Trizek; Oct 27, 2010 at 08:46 PM.
    PSP2 Character: Trizek
    Class: Hunter
    Race: Cast
    Alternate Character: Vidan
    Class: Ranger

Well, since it's hard for you to rely on EVP, I guess you should try using some knockdown PA's, like Bogga Ranpa for knuckles. If you don't like blocking, CC will probably be your best bet.

↑↑ PSO-World Chat // PSO-World Ventrilo ↓↓

If you don't have any S-rank armor, try to find one and put it on. Honestly, I'm surprised that with all those defensive abilities, and being a cast hunter, you're having difficulties surviving...

As far as type abilities go...I don't know what you mean by "they're not even on when doing missions", but if that is the case, fix it. You need them...
    PSPo2 Characters:
    Re-l Mayer (lv 95 RAnewarl) || Hiyori (lv 100 VAbearl)
    Vincent Law (lv 99 HUmar) || Daedalus (lv 92 FOnewar)
    Dante Alighieri (lv 102 VAcast) || Eris (lv 90 RAcaseal)

Quote Originally Posted by Pavichokche View Post
    If you don't have any S-rank armor, try to find one and put it on.
    As far as type abilities go...I don't know what you mean by "they're not even on when doing missions", but if that is the case, fix it. You need them...
    Well do have S-rank armor, I have like 5. And I mean't that my type abilites don't feel like they are on when I'm running a mission, they seem ineffective.
    PSP2 Character: Trizek
    Class: Hunter
    Alternate Character: Vidan
    Class: Ranger

Maybe you're pushing your character too much. None of mine are lvl 89 yet, but maybe you're going against enemies that are just too tough?

There's just no other explanation. Casts have the highest HP of all races, and the second-highest DEF. Similarly, hunters boost HP and DEF the most. Considering all your equipped abilities and good armor...you should just hang back a little, get some stronger weapons and do what Alexandria said.
    PSPo2 Characters:
    Re-l Mayer (lv 95 RAnewarl) || Hiyori (lv 100 VAbearl)
    Vincent Law (lv 99 HUmar) || Daedalus (lv 92 FOnewar)
    Dante Alighieri (lv 102 VAcast) || Eris (lv 90 RAcaseal)

idiotic cast fightgunner that cast named kai's Avatar
    *looks around* lying dead in some random mission

as a HUcast my self (lvl 114, 21 hunter) your best bet is to focus more on dodge rolling as your key defensive strategy as well a 'peferct blocks' over letting the EVA stat play a role in damage, but i suppose that is generally sound strategy, unless you are a newman or beast vanguard when looking a messload of 0s for once can be a good thing.

try to score tenoras line shields as priority for any S-rank armors, but your best bet is too keep up a strong offense using quick high chaining melee such as twin sabers and daggers likely using the Blade destruction and Soujin Ranbu-sho along with taking advantage of the ability to use range still due to the high base ACC of cast

but yeah what lvl guys are fighting any way? that could the issue if you are going against 30+ lvl can be crazy unless you plan things out
    sorry to inform you but i just died.
    mind loaning me a few a scape dolls?

I am a HUcast to know what you are take the quiz here.

Mechanized Combat Engineer Freshellent's Avatar

I'm quite enjoy playing my CAST on psp2- but it's partly because I enjoy blocking and getting in close. Learning attack patterns and using them against foes is definitely a joy for me. I don't really have any problems soloing- just carry a grinded A rank rod for buffs and heals.

Keep different sets of PAs for mobs for survival. Some for damage, I actually like the bit of planning that goes into it. Just think of the game a little like Monster Hunter - don't stand around to heal or just chew a mate when you lose a little bit of health. Really just think on your feet more, don't be afraid to leave the room to bust out that rod and cast a Resta or two if it REALLY gets bad.

It's not like PSU anymore, you don't have to get the highest % weapons and the best armors to play the game, all you need is to use what you are given at base, dodge rolling, blocking- you can heal yourself. Don't forget you have Freeze Traps, those buy plenty of time.... Provided that the mob CAN be frozen.

Don't give up!
    Veteran of the former Universe 11. PSO2 -Ship 02-

Quote Originally Posted by Trizek View Post
    I have a lvl 89 cast at 13 hunter, 8 ranger, and vanguard. I thought when I got half damage, and damage resist from VA I would be better when I switched back to hunter...I was wrong. I still get killed pretty fast if I'm not blocking like crazy
    and it seems like my type abilities aren't even on when I running missions. Any tips on how to make my Cast hunter better?
    What type abilities are you running? Damage Resist gives something like 10-20% flat reduction. Half Defense doesn't actually reduce damage-it means you can't be one-shotted. (Specifically, if a move would do 50%+ of your max HP and you have 35% remaining, you'll be saved at 1 HP)

Honestly, Burst Bomber is the best of the low-level VA abilities. 50% damage boost on traps is godly.
    Coming Soon!

In my opinion Hunter CASTs are easy to use, my main char is a male HUcast lvl.108 hunter lvl.20 vanguard lvl. 7, just get good S-Rank armors (do Ch6 Act2 multiple times in order to get Rabol-Orpads as a reward for completing that mission on hard mode), choose wisely your PAs, know when to use high damage PA's or crowd-control PA's and you should be fine
    PSPo2: Tassadar Male CAST lvl. 195, Hunter lvl.30, Vanguard lvl. 23

I am a Dark Falz to know what you are take the quiz here.

"No Hunters suck laddy!"
    -Uni 11 Vet/Slacker"They told me I could do anything. So I f***ed a god!"

PSN-Nicalrant Xbox Live-Nicalrant Wii code- A jumble of numbers, Ask me