Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ponder this...

Yo, mad support...drink a quart then bamboo Itchee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pavichokche View Post
    Speaking of NPCs, is there ANY way to SHUT THEM UP??? Every time something cool happens and I want to take a screenshot, they're BLABBING. All the time, saying those stupid phrases; often more than just one of them.
    Geez...tell me about it. Damn NPCs never shut the hell up. Yes, if theres a way to mute them, id love to hear about it...
    Itchee: PSP2 - RAcast

Only way to shut them up is to not use them. GH473 is the only useful NPC anyway.

Okay he's not really useful either.

NPC's are only usefull for...
    Titles
    some items
    client requests
    MEAT SHIELD

NPC's are like that little nerdy kid wth no friends you copied off of in scool. Once you got what you need you never talk to them again.
    Arguing with people online is like competing in the special olympics. Even if you win, you're still retarded.

Psp2: Demon. lvl 140. Male Beast, Hunter level 24.

473 and 514 only use a wand and R-Mag, and can only use resta/giresta. Sounds pretty useful to me.

Unless of course they are like all the other NPCs and they never heal when you want them to.

Gretel MK II - HUcaseal Level 135 (PSO <3)
    Pheno - FOnewearl (PSPo2)
    Gretel MK II - HUcaseal (PSPo2)

Quote Originally Posted by Scau-Demon View Post
    NPC's are like that little nerdy kid wth no friends you copied off of in school. Once you got what you need you never talk to them again.
    Nice analogy. Except that you can do a myriad of things to shut that kid up (if he talks too much), and none to shut THEM up.
    PSPo2 Characters:
    Re-l Mayer (lv 95 RAnewarl) || Hiyori (lv 100 VAbearl)
    Vincent Law (lv 99 HUmar) || Daedalus (lv 92 FOnewar)
    Dante Alighieri (lv 102 VAcast) || Eris (lv 90 RAcaseal)

In Optimus Curtz we trust Broken_L_button's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson The FOmar View Post
    Oddly, I was thinking about this the other day...if Lou considered

Spoiler!

then surely people should feel much stronger about Humanoid Partner machines! It made more sense in PSU when they started off as non-humanoid robots, but when they got to lvl 80 and you could take them with you they said something along the lines of "I have evolved this far thanks to you" which implies some sort of intelligence and a mutual, not subservient relationship.......but anyway, I'm going too deeply into this
    Whoa, I actually didn't think of that one. Quite similar to how Magashi gained his sense of self (and pretty much how the first casts did as well). Definately an interesting way to look at it. But the fact that they start as humanoids in PSP2 leads to the issue about their existence being an infringement of CAST rights. Then one would have to determine for sure if the MySynth is a soul-less slavebot or has that sense of self which allows it to assume the humanoid form.

Quote Originally Posted by Waki Miko Syamemaru! View Post
    Actually MySynths are completely different type of being from CASTs. MySynths are just automated worker robots that help out it's "owner" for a wide variety of tasks. Should it be from household chores to heavy lifting to mercenary work, they were designed to help out it's owner. Now, the reason why it is not labeled a CAST is because of it's evolutionary traits. Basically if a CAST gets stronger you don't see him/her changing shape do ya?
    Quite a good point there. Though, the issue still remains: if the MySynth is indeed that automated servant you speak of...Then, what kind of special measures were put in place to make their existence (with the humanoid form) acceptable? Also, it's funny to notice that the MS' partner card displays CAST as its race.

I wish MySynths could be replaced by Mags somehow. I would love to just have no R-mags, T-mags & MySynths and use REAL Mags! I miss my Rati's. . .

They live in Guaral, but the game was made in japan. The Mysynths are children, but not just any children because they are females, which make them loli's. This automatically makes them 1) adults and thus 2) legal which obviously leads to 3) them being sex slaves.

Because they seem to think a little 6 year old in a dress following you around is cute, the Casts broke that rule. They didn't tell you because they thought you were Japanese and that this was common knowledge. As well it should be; they're absolutely useless as anything else.

Well, except maybe cannon fodder.

In Optimus Curtz we trust Broken_L_button's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RemiusTA View Post
    They live in Guaral, but the game was made in japan. The Mysynths are children, but not just any children because they are females, which make them loli's. This automatically makes them 1) adults and thus 2) legal which obviously leads to 3) them being sex slaves.

Because they seem to think a little 6 year old in a dress following you around is cute, the Casts broke that rule. They didn't tell you because they thought you were Japanese and that this was common knowledge. As well it should be; they're absolutely useless as anything else.

Well, except maybe cannon fodder.
    Ah! So that's why I couldn't figure this out! I was looking at it from a more western-ized viewpoint. It all makes sense now, I guess. So, if I got this right, if it's to have more loli sex slaves, any rule can be broken XD

Quote Originally Posted by r00tabaga View Post
    I wish MySynths could be replaced by Mags somehow. I would love to just have no R-mags, T-mags & MySynths and use REAL Mags! I miss my Rati's. . .
    Yeah, seriously, I never got why there were no mags in this game. It's such a pain having to lose the use of an arm to have one fly next to you. And it makes no sense since you're not exactly using a remote control or ANYTHING. They should just quit this silliness and tone it down to good old PSZ standards in the next new PS game.

Quote Originally Posted by RemiusTA View Post
    The Mysynths are children, but not just any children because they are females, which make them loli's. This automatically makes them 1) adults and thus 2) legal which obviously leads to 3) them being sex slaves.
    Damn, that's a BIG leap from assistant robots to sex slaves. But your logic is flawless, and I'm sure it's not that big a leap in Japan xD
    Last edited by Pavichokche; Nov 1, 2010 at 07:05 PM.
    PSPo2 Characters:
    Re-l Mayer (lv 95 RAnewarl) || Hiyori (lv 100 VAbearl)
    Vincent Law (lv 99 HUmar) || Daedalus (lv 92 FOnewar)
    Dante Alighieri (lv 102 VAcast) || Eris (lv 90 RAcaseal)