Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Well if it wasn't for mh's success, we wouldn't see PSPo on the PSP. Also, previous PS games didn't have such heavy trading restrictions.

Oh no, not something you will replace when the next piece of gear drops!!!1

Quote Originally Posted by MOHFL View Post
    The following is all my opinion. Deal with it.
    PSO= best game ever

I doubt any game will ever be as good. We can't hold modern games up to the greatness of PSO. They will always disappoint if we do. I won't lie, PSU and PSPo1 were complete and utter FAIL. Sega is making a huge comeback however. PSPo2 is an amazing game. It's one of the best games since the PSO series and easily the best PSP game (VC2 and P3P are also in my top 3). Sakai was part of the team that made PSO what it was, and he is now leading the Phantasy Star team. He aims to gear as much towards PSO as he can while still offering new and exciting modern gameplay. He has progressed well since Yuji Naka left, and I'm proud of his hard work. It's not easy to make a comeback after the horribly cheap PA system and bad acting of PSU. Phantasy Star is my favorite series and it always will be. I will continue to show my support, because I know Sega of Japan tries their best. Sega of America needs some serious help translating, but that topic is for another day. I look foward to US versions of both PSPo2i and PSO2.

Also: PSO was an online action rpg, not a crappy MMO
    don't insult the best game ever :\
    The hell does any of that have to do with this thread? If you're gonna make a random PSU hate thread, go make a new one. The PA system was great in PSU. A lot more fun than the boring gameplay in PSO >.>

Anyways, on topic, OP, you need to realize that there's a thing called "balance." Now Sega doesn't practice this very often, but when they do try, it usually ends up right. This is a case of them trying. They learned from their mistakes in PSO. It's just ridiculous to expect a modern game to use such a broken system. If we were to be able to trade, no one would ever hunt for anything. They'd just go buy all their stuff from some dipshit that duped his hacked 99% neutral Demon's Devastation. There would be no balance to the economy. You say that a broken economy is better than none? Are you serious? All a broken economy creates is laziness and results in circles of douche bags that brag about their gear they bought with RMT. (And don't even try to argue that someone wouldn't be stupid enough to pay real money for stuff in a PSP game. There's been far worse.)

tl;dr
    Stop bitchin'.

↑↑ PSO-World Chat // PSO-World Ventrilo ↓↓

Senior Arks Member..? SquashDemon's Avatar
    I came from Ragol, and all the not-sense that makes with it.

Lots of people seem to think I'm complaining over the soul eater itself.

No, no not really.

If you really believe that I'm completely missing the point. That's fine. Label me and my complaints however you will.

But I know what I do and do not enjoy. And I don't enjoy not being able to trade or share or have an online economy to work with.

I don't enjoy playing another class I have NO INTENTION of playing just to earn a drop that I can't find on my own class.

I don't like knowing that there are people who have this drop in spades and would gladly part with it for a monetary amount, but cannot as the developers have disallowed that.

If having a game that I actually enjoy ruins said game, I can't really say. But I certainly remember there being a -lot- more players on PSO than there ever were here.
    Last edited by SquashDemon; Nov 3, 2010 at 11:17 AM.
    Episode III for Life.

A regular Sinow Phial vPharaohv's Avatar

I wouldn't have minded trading. It's a B trying to get a 60% of a weapon that rarely drops. And of course there are 60% weapons drops that you couldn't care less about but are still rares. Maybe someone else with a 60% your interested is interested in yours....

They could of made it so that you can drop only rares that were found in the current mission, but after the mission ends, its locked on your account. That way no hacks (unless someone can hack during a mission O.o) and people can give away the rares they dont want and get the ones they do want.
    Also i dont think there are any rares that are specific to one class is there? I looked on PSPedia and pretty sure some rares are more common on certain classes than others and some rares dont drop at all for certain classes, but im pretty sure every rare drops on at least two classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexandria View Post
    The hell does any of that have to do with this thread? If you're gonna make a random PSU hate thread, go make a new one. The PA system was great in PSU. A lot more fun than the boring gameplay in PSO >.>

Anyways, on topic, OP, you need to realize that there's a thing called "balance." Now Sega doesn't practice this very often, but when they do try, it usually ends up right. This is a case of them trying. They learned from their mistakes in PSO. It's just ridiculous to expect a modern game to use such a broken system. If we were to be able to trade, no one would ever hunt for anything. They'd just go buy all their stuff from some dipshit that duped his hacked 99% neutral Demon's Devastation. There would be no balance to the economy. You say that a broken economy is better than none? Are you serious? All a broken economy creates is laziness and results in circles of douche bags that brag about their gear they bought with RMT. (And don't even try to argue that someone wouldn't be stupid enough to pay real money for stuff in a PSP game. There's been far worse.)

tl;dr
    Stop bitchin'.
    I was relating to the fellow "PSO buff" and giving an honest impression like he asked. Take a chill pill and stop being so hostile. By PAs being cheap I mean how you could use infinite PAs (since each weapon had its own PP meter and you could buy photon charges). I mean seriously all you had to do was Tornado Dance your way through the game. I didn't play alot of PSO online, so I didn't find the game way too easy like PSU. As long as you stuck to no hacks or cheats, PSO was a very rewarding and fun experience.\

The whole point is that PSPo2 hast VAST improvements over PSU, and everyone should be grateful.

To be honest, I'd have to disagree. I'd very much rather hunt for my own gear than trade with ransoms. If it's anything like PS Zero, people would offer low Rank weapons for 15★ Weapons. And what not. As for Trading in PSO, I can't really say. I've only played online with the Xbox Version, and it didn't take long for me to get bored to death with it.

As for your situation, if you don't wanna play a different class to get a specific weapon, you could always join up with a host who's is that specific class. The drops Are based on the leaders class. (That is, if you plan on playing online often.)

In Optimus Curtz we trust Broken_L_button's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BomberStrife View Post
    To be honest, I'd have to disagree. I'd very much rather hunt for my own gear than trade with ransoms. If it's anything like PS Zero, people would offer low Rank weapons for 15★ Weapons. And what not. As for Trading in PSO, I can't really say. I've only played online with the Xbox Version, and it didn't take long for me to get bored to death with it.

As for your situation, if you don't wanna play a different class to get a specific weapon, you could always join up with a host who's is that specific class. The drops Are based on the leaders class. (That is, if you plan on playing online often.)
    There's also the fact that a lot of rares become shared accross all 4 classes at higher monster levels, so you can still get a majority of the game's item on one class. But, with type abilities, it would be folly to limit yourself to a single class...

Quote Originally Posted by Broken_L_button View Post
    There's also the fact that a lot of rares become shared accross all 4 classes at higher monster levels, so you can still get a majority of the game's item on one class. But, with type abilities, it would be folly to limit yourself to a single class...
    This is very true. Also, you can also any weapon with any class (With Limitations, of course.) So playing as say.. a force wont suck as bad. (If you don't mind the limitations.)