Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by BomberStrife View Post
    This is very true. Also, you can also any weapon with any class (With Limitations, of course.) So playing as say.. a force wont suck as bad. (If you don't mind the limitations.)
    Go card spam! Or maybe Claw+RCSM. Longbows are drastically inferior... (Fire too slow :disappoint
    Coming Soon!

Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

This is hardly a critical critique of the game at large. It's just something Sega decided was a good idea, and I agree with them. Yes, it's sad when a friend gets something she doesn't want but you do (and in fact, seems to happen more often than not), but at the same time, enemies drop 4x as many items in a 4 person team, since each person has his own drops. Each person is responsible for gearing herself out, and since the game is balanced around that thought, equipment is nowhere near as difficult to get as it was before.
    I'm sure once you get over the initial shock of not being able to share everything with your spouse, you won't feel as poorly about this system as you do now.

And now, you mentioned you have no intention of leveling the other classes? I would advise against this. The type skills you learn are bound to your character, not your class. Meaning, if you level a hunter class after getting all the ranger abilities, you can use some ranger abilities to boost the hunter class. This is especially useful, since each class is rather hybridized anyway. For instance, as a hunter, I find it necessary to use a ranged weapon in some fights (I use a rifle), and I find it greatly beneficial to use a tech weapon for support (Rod with resta and buffs). Thus, I would get a good use out of Ranger's double charge, and Force's faster resta, not to mention the ability Vanguards get which lowers delay when striking enemies making twin daggers much better.

As far as switching classes for a drop, I doubt it's as bad as you think. In higher levels, when drops really matter, most enemies will drop their best item regardless of what class you are. And as for PAs, well, they aren't too hard to find, so you won't be hunting long.

Try to keep an open mind about these things.

So your only complaint is that you can't trade A class gear? That is it? You fear a bad economy? Interesting. Considering no real economy was introduced till PSU came out. Seriously... during the DC/GC/PC days of PSO there really wasnt a market to speak off. I certainly never "bought" gear from anyone during those days. And with the rampart amount of duping and the never ending battle between "legits vs hackers" trading for rare weapons was favourably done among close friends. And even then, most of us opted just to hunt for own gear with the occasional "you make the game we need your ID" scenario.

Oh wait... you also complained about class restricted weapons as well. But come on... even that was apparent in DC PSO V1 and V2. So why is this a problem now?

I don't know. I think you are putting way too much emphasis on some minor points. Now if you were to say the game was "boring", "too easy", "doesn't do it for me", because of mechanics, play style, music, graphics, you know... concrete stuff. I can respect that and tell you... "trade in your game" and go play something else.

I never understood people that obviously hate a game but somehow still manage to play it enough to rant about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Scejntjynahl View Post
    So your only complaint is that you can't trade A class gear? That is it? You fear a bad economy? Interesting. Considering no real economy was introduced till PSU came out. Seriously... during the DC/GC/PC days of PSO there really wasnt a market to speak off. I certainly never "bought" gear from anyone during those days. And with the rampart amount of duping and the never ending battle between "legits vs hackers" trading for rare weapons was favourably done among close friends. And even then, most of us opted just to hunt for own gear with the occasional "you make the game we need your ID" scenario.

Oh wait... you also complained about class restricted weapons as well. But come on... even that was apparent in DC PSO V1 and V2. So why is this a problem now?

I don't know. I think you are putting way too much emphasis on some minor points. Now if you were to say the game was "boring", "too easy", "doesn't do it for me", because of mechanics, play style, music, graphics, you know... concrete stuff. I can respect that and tell you... "trade in your game" and go play something else.

I never understood people that obviously hate a game but somehow still manage to play it enough to rant about it.
    Class restrictions could be very severe in PSO. Like, say... Neiclaw. 1/12.
    Coming Soon!